News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Granny Gremlin

Beautiful tidy build Cotoletta.  Are those SMD ICs?  Is the PCB your own or is it available somewhere?
my (mostly) audio/DIY blog: http://grannygremlinaudio.tumblr.com/

Cotoletta

Quote from: Granny Gremlin on September 18, 2015, 08:45:57 AM
Beautiful tidy build Cotoletta.  Are those SMD ICs?  Is the PCB your own or is it available somewhere?

Hey thanks. Yes, they are, plus some SMD on the back too. I designed everyting, circuit and PCB.

GiovannyS10

Granny Gremlin, Welcome to the forum, congratulations for your stuff, i loved it. And Cotoletta, woww, is the best damn thing, very professional PCB, you want to compete with the boss, or mesa?  ;D
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

duck_arse

hey Granny, nice arts!
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

garcho

A Bulgarian version of my Scotch Bonnet filtered fuzz. The large writing says 'The Hot Pepper'. The little writing is 'input', 'volume', etc.

Not the best etching job, but I'm proud of my PCB mounting problem-solving. This thing is totally solid, even though there's no board mounted hardware (I find that board mounted pots and jacks are the cause of many a broken piece of gear I've fixed). And no screws on the faceplate. A little ham-fisted, a little caveman, yes, but it works! I'm gonna Molex the rat's nest on the next one.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Strategy

Garcho I'm just about to finish my Scotch Bonnet! Had to lay off DIY for many months due to touring etc.
But may even get it done tonight.
Strategy
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

crazylead

Quote from: Kyurie on September 06, 2015, 07:02:51 AM
QuoteKyurie:That is truly awesome!Can't wait to see that boxed.You are posting it right?

Thank you!
Of course, now working with the enclosure

QuoteBeautiful Kyurie, everything so perfectly placed, so satisfying to look at.
Thank you so much!

QuoteKyurie

That is a engineering masterpiece.....

What do the LEDs do?

Peter

Thank you! Glad to read that! :)

Leds make glow like this:

nice but how can i see knob positions when dark. knobs indicator has no marking that can be seen in dark ?

Benoi31

A Simple Big Muff Build I made recently:

With AMZ Tone stack. I quite like it, except for the tone knob (250kA) which is not as nice as a simple 50kB for me. Only my opinion though!

I used LED for the clipping section, it is super nice ! I really like the breath of air it gives to the muff, which is really less compressed and heavy, and can sound pretty like an overdrive !

vigilante397

Remember that time the Christian baker refused to make a cake for gay customers? Well I'm a Christian pedal builder and I built this for a customer. He was respectful, polite, and paid for the whole thing up front (I usually charge 50% up front and 50% at delivery), and is an amazingly talented guitarist. We just don't talk about religion ;D

As for the circuit itself, it's a modified Fuzz Factory (with the stability and gate on trimpots on the inside) feeding into Merlin's U-Boat (analog clean octave down), and I've nicknamed it "The Mutha Fuzza." It makes for an epically beefy sounding octave down fuzz, very Jack White-esque. It's a little glitchy because the octave circuit is analog, but the tracking pot can be dialed in just right to take care of it.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Sweet build, Nathan.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

KurbadsLV

My first diy stompbox - Big Muff clone:

davent

^Nice graphic, came out great!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

VidSicious

KurbadsLV, that looks great! It's worth spending the extra time on your first pedal and get it looking nice because it will always remain your first pedal. One and only. I assume you used waterslide for the graphics? Looking very neat.

Granny Gremlin

Yeah - love the vibrant colour too.

The latest from me, 2 x Echo Base delays:

Never built 2 of the same project at the same time before so I took  the opportunity to use different caps (mostly the 12 100nF in this project) to see what difference they could make.  Left on is mostly generic box films from Tayda and 2 greenies I had in the bin (rest are TDK; didn't have enough) and the right one has tropical fish (tight build; had to put one fish and an electro on the rear of the board to fit it all in).

Haven't A/Bed them properly yet, but so far it seems no huge diff.

KurbadsLV

Quote from: VidSicious on September 29, 2015, 01:14:41 PM
KurbadsLV, that looks great! It's worth spending the extra time on your first pedal and get it looking nice because it will always remain your first pedal. One and only. I assume you used waterslide for the graphics? Looking very neat.

Thanks, VidSicious! I have to agree about spending extra time giving ones first stompbox a distinctive look, it is a rewarding experience. Also a good learning process, too - I made quite a few mistakes painting the box, some edges that aren't so good looking as I would want them to be and so on. Mistakes acknowledged, lesson learned.

As for the graphics, I actually used a simple transparent self-adhesive sticker paper. Is waterslide sticker a better option?

Granny Gremlin, that's an amazing job right there, especially the neatness of inside wiring. The guts of my pedals usually look like an blown up taco. I plan on building a delay sometime soon too, but a really simple one. Haven't got the knowledge/skillset to take on more challenging projects yet.

Granny Gremlin

Yeah, these were one hell  of a job (and I made it harder on myself unnecessarily). 

Thanks.  PS: paint on these ones (vs my others) by the GF of the person the second one is for (mine is the tropical Fish/diagonal stripes one - his the white and blue).

bean

Here is #1 build of a (semi) vintage Memory Man. Sounds glorious! I also learned a lot more about using Envirotex on this build.

mth5044

Thats awesome ^

Are those the new MN3005s?

What's with the bunch o pads on the bottom right next to the switch?

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com