News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

A couple IC Big Muffs. These sound great. Different from the transistor Big Muff.

I'm considering building a version with a foot switch for the tone bypass and another volume control. It would give this two channels.

Willypp

Quote from: temol on June 20, 2018, 06:49:02 AM
Jfet preamp Engl E530 with headphones amp and cabsim.

T.

Ok.

I need to know where you got that pcb?!

Elijah-Baley

Quote from: soggybag on June 21, 2018, 11:26:26 PM
A couple IC Big Muffs. These sound great. Different from the transistor Big Muff.

I'm considering building a version with a foot switch for the tone bypass and another volume control. It would give this two channels.

Good job! ;)

If you need another volume control because the louder tone bypass mode you could use a resistor to balance the different volume.
In case someone didn't know the trick look at this:

I'm just not really sure about those two 1uF caps in both side of the portion of the schematic, those could be an extra.
Look here, too.
Tone Bypass Mod http://www.bigmuffpage.com/images/schematics/V3%20TB%20Big%20Muff_Mascis_79_No2%20schematic.jpg
Original http://www.kitrae.net/music/Images_Secret_Music_Page/BIG%20MUFF%20CIRCUIT%20GUIDEsm.jpg

Further, you built the IC Big Muff version, so the schematic it's a bit different, maybe you can you tell us something more your tone bypass mod.
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

soggybag

Klon clone built with an Aion PCB.

soggybag

Zen Drive built from an Aion PCB.

temol

Quote from: Willypp
I need to know where you got that pcb?!

It's my own pcb design.

T.

patrick398

An attempt to build a Zvex Instant Lo-Fi Junky approximation for a friend. Just about squeezed it all into a 1590B though i expect problems down the line.
Circuit is a jenny greenteeth with tweaked filtering caps to get more noise, a bright dark switch and a 10k pot to blend between chorus and vibrato. For the LFO i used the stomp lfo which is fast becoming my favourite thing ever.

*Apologies for the slanted capacitor, i realised i'd left it off the layout after i'd built it so just whacked in on where i could.
Fiddle around with the capacitor between pins 9 and 10 of the PT, think i actually ended up going with a 4.7nf. Anything between 560pf and 33nf sounds good.

This is then fed into a stock DOD 280

The compression control is on a trimmer on mine though.

This was a stressful build to say the least

temol

New family members..

numero uno

DMD-2 Digital Modulated Delay from Pedalpcb.  FV-1 inside.

number two
DR Boogey with cabsim and headphones amp. Stubborn beast... it's at the edge of the oscillation.

and #3

4x12 Celestion V30 cabsim. It's a hybrid of cabsim and delay line (to simulate standing waves, just like inside a real speaker cabinet)

T.

ElectricDruid

Lovely work, Temol.

Mialbu

Just finished this EQD Hoof clone. First attempt at aluminium enclosure etching and light plate (acrylic salvaged by a friend from a shop display unit!)
Cheers, M

bloxstompboxes

I may have to try one of these light plates. Seen em before but never done one. Nice.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

hoi

Hi everyone. I own a desktop cnc and use it to make my own circuit boards as well as engraving my designs onto the enclosures.

I'm a long time lurker and these are a few of my builds:

patrick398

Good lord!
Amazing stuff

stallik

Welcome Hoi, that's some pretty amazing work!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

duck_arse

that's fantastic. I'd say for the next as well, 'cept it has no knobs.

and also welcome, make a splash!
don't make me draw another line.

hoi

Thanks guys!

I look forward to being more active on here. Still got a lot to learn!

hoi

Quote from: duck_arse on July 02, 2018, 10:37:37 AM

that's fantastic. I'd say for the next as well, 'cept it has no knobs.

and also welcome, make a splash!

Thanks! The one without the knobs was done over this past weekend. I was trying out a new approach to get more colors instead of just contrasting a color against the aluminum. This particular one is alcohol ink. Really cool stuff.

patrick398

Will you do me one to match my curtains?

hoi

Quote from: patrick398 on July 02, 2018, 02:16:35 PM
Will you do me one to match my curtains?

I could. Would just need a better source image.

Hatredman

Quote from: hoi on July 01, 2018, 03:53:08 PM
Hi everyone. I own a desktop cnc and use it to make my own circuit boards as well as engraving my designs onto the enclosures.

Man, this is wicked!
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.