Previous topic - Next topic

thermionix

Quote from: duck_arse on November 18, 2018, 09:58:40 AM
a three hour cruise?

a three hour cruise.

(Haven't we done this already?)

patrick398

Quote from: thermionix on November 18, 2018, 07:24:23 AM
JRC 4558s have always looked the same, or at least since the early 80s.  They have the circlular indentation by pin 1, not the half-circle at the end.  "JRC" is right-justified, and "4558D" is not.  "JRC" is a bolder font than the other characters.  The only thing that's changed over the years is that the date/mfr code has gone from four characters to five.

That's good to know. I just checked mine and they appear to be fake. They have a 0N17Y code, semi circle marker, and standard font.
I can't remember if i got them from Tayda or Ebay i think they all functioned...i was totally underwhelmed how one sounded in a tube screamer circuit though so perhaps that figures

stallik

QuoteThat's a lost Japanese technique.

It's not lost anymore. That's really neat!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

patrick398

First real attempt using waterslide decals. With a bit more prep, patience, and care it could have come out very well. As it is i'd say it's acceptable. I do like the look of waterslides, i think you can achieve a fairly professional looking finish. I'm still trying to perfect my hammertone game though so they will have to wait.

My brother is a keen bird-watcher so i built him this Magnavibe for Christmas.

thermionix

Are you sure those are the kind of ti birds he likes to watch?

patrick398

No, he is a pervert for sure but he fits it around his ornithological schedule

vigilante397

Quote from: patrick398 on December 10, 2018, 05:35:16 PM

I already liked it, but I wanted to specifically inform you how much I enjoyed this comment.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Rob Strand

QuoteNo, he is a pervert for sure but he fits it around his ornithological schedule
What if it's a booby?
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

EBK

Quote from: patrick398 on December 10, 2018, 05:35:16 PM
Why am I again reminded of town names in Pennsylvania?
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

duck_arse

as a birdwatcher of some keen-ness myself, I can categorically say that yr brother would like a second of those pedals on his board. yes, a nice pair of

and as for my recent hammertone adventure - total failure as far as hammer or tone goes. for a nice dark blue, finely textured, somewhat metallic looking finish, I'd say "pass". it'll be finished soon, too.

tits.
don't make me draw another line.

patrick398

He's particularly fond of a beaded tit and a rough-faced shag...i don't know if the two are related.

Quote from: duck_arse on December 11, 2018, 08:26:59 AM

and as for my recent hammertone adventure - total failure as far as hammer or tone goes. for a nice dark blue, finely textured, somewhat metallic looking finish, I'd say "pass". it'll be finished soon, too.

tits.

I had a go with the brush on Hammerite stuff. Can't say i'd recommend it. You have to slap it on really really thick to get coverage and it's impossible to stop it running down the sides. The top looks ok. Hammerite's silver is way to light for my tastes anyway. Back to the dark grey spray tins i think. Just got to wait another couple of years until the brush on layer cures.

patrick398

While i was waiting for paint to cure i made this Spacemen 3 in 1 for a friend.

By my standards, and considering how much of it there was, i consider the off-board wiring to be fairly good

Marcos - Munky

Your off-board wiring looks great. I'd give up at amout half of those wires. Well, not exactly give up, but put it aside to finish it later, and take a lot of time before I touch it again :icon_lol:

Marcos - Munky

I had an empty tuna can, a few spare 6CG7 tubes, some parts for an smps. So I built an Alembic F2B :icon_mrgreen:.

BluffChill

Little expanded version of one of my circuits - a lo-fi double tracking pedal with envelope follower to modulate the speed of the delayed signal. Customer wanted to have a wet/dry mix and a release control for the envelope, so I entirely redesigned the whole enclosure, printed a custom decal, used some of my limited supply of white jacks (!!!) and voila. Got the inside pretty tidy too.

Kits & Pedals! EctoVerb - HyperLight - Shagpile - http://bluffchilldevices.bigcartel.com/

bluebunny

Here's a couple from me before I disappear for the Crimbo break; Zazen boost by Fancy Lime, and Digi-delay by Electric Druid:

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

sixthfloor

Definitely below the usual level of craftmanship one can see in this thread, yet quite original : my Pine Driver. Perfect for this time of the year  ;D

tubelectron

Hi All DIYstompboxers,

Still amazing units and finishes here, as usual... Congratulations !

I relaunched my Tin-Box series pedals for making a gift for a firend :

It is a variant of a SolaSound Tone-Bender MKIII... Please note the " i " dots that glow in white when the effect is engaged...

Sorry, I did not made any picture of the specially designed packaging - I was in a hurry... :icon_rolleyes:

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

duck_arse

I want to like your post, tubelectron, but that button isn't showing - it might be punishment for such large images [I think they are trying to break my browser page].

I like the blue colours and the knobs, and the cardboard nameplate. and it's a mkIII.
don't make me draw another line.

Hanzo

Here's my 3rd build.  The green PCB is my own layout, the blue one is Aion Andromeda which I'm currently obsessed with and have started working on my own layout with some tweaks.

Tried moving away from the waterslides to cut vinyl but I'm not too impressed with that either.  Going to try powder coating w/ vinyl stencil next.

This build had 3 issues which I was able to troubleshoot in under an hour thanks to watching this forum and learning from the more experienced builders.