News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stallik

I'm interested to know what those serious bugs might be. Nice pedals by the way
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

ElectricDruid

Quote from: liagasg on February 05, 2019, 05:49:55 AM
Here's my delay pedal.
All my pedals have a high gloss finish.

How do you do the white-on-a-background-colour labelling?

I use toner-transfer film, but that only gives me black-on-the-background-colour.

Thanks,
Tom

Elijah-Baley

Quote from: liagasg on February 05, 2019, 10:29:59 AM
Quote from: Elijah-Baley on February 05, 2019, 08:42:21 AM
Nice!
I would like to have the possibility to build something like this. Did your creation include the trasfromers to avoid the hum when you use two amps?
No need to share your schematic, of course, if you don't want it. In case I have to build something like this I have the R.G. Keen.

I think the schematic you're talking about has a couple of serious bugs. I've managed to overcome those.

[...]

Really? Bugs? It sounds weird. Actually, I read about a guy in a thread had a slightly distortion/dirt sound on the low E string, but someone else found that project ok. I even found the verified protoboard layout. ???

Thanks! ;)
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

liagasg

Quote from: Elijah-Baley on February 08, 2019, 03:52:56 AM
Quote from: liagasg on February 05, 2019, 10:29:59 AM
Quote from: Elijah-Baley on February 05, 2019, 08:42:21 AM
Nice!
I would like to have the possibility to build something like this. Did your creation include the trasfromers to avoid the hum when you use two amps?
No need to share your schematic, of course, if you don't want it. In case I have to build something like this I have the R.G. Keen.

I think the schematic you're talking about has a couple of serious bugs. I've managed to overcome those.

[...]

I

Really? Bugs? It sounds weird. Actually, I read about a guy in a thread had a slightly distortion/dirt sound on the low E string, but someone else found that project ok. I even found the verified protoboard layout. ???

Thanks! ;)

The R.G. Keen is a great pedal, but people complain about noise, about clicking sound, about grounding issues etc. My build has been tested on a massive amount of amps, with no problem so far. Ιt took me 2 weeks to design my AB pedal. To be honest that was 3-4 years ago. And i have a very different approach on the switching circuit, the buffer, and the grounding.
Warlord Custom

liagasg

Quote from: ElectricDruid on February 07, 2019, 03:20:09 PM
Quote from: liagasg on February 05, 2019, 05:49:55 AM
Here's my delay pedal.
All my pedals have a high gloss finish.

How do you do the white-on-a-background-colour labelling?

I use toner-transfer film, but that only gives me black-on-the-background-colour.

Thanks,
Tom

Lettering is made by vinyl stickers. All the words are cut in a plotter on white (or whatever color I may like) adhesive vinyl. I apply them on the painted (whatever color i want) aluminum pedal. I then apply my 2-part polymer resin (wet glass) and let it dry. That way lettering is "trapped" under the resin, and the "glass" creates a hard, and high gloss surface.

My next build is going to have the case printed on a flatbed UV printer.
Warlord Custom

bean

Zombii (ffactory) with some surface mount LEDs on a custom faceplate. The LEDs were a bit of a pain but it's something I wanted to try.

deadastronaut

sanded top back to metal, clearcoated,

sprayed base metallic blue.

added blue and green leds in light plate,  red on/off led true bypass modded.  8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Marcos - Munky

Builds from the last week/weekend. Yeah, I had plenty of tuna cans :icon_lol:

Yamaha NE-1

Green Ringer

Jimi's Weetie Pi

rankot

Marcos, how do you close the bottom of those cans? Or you simply leave them open?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

Tri-Logic II preamp clone.

T.

masonsjax

bean

AD-900 with tails and modulation. Really love this delay!

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: rankot on February 13, 2019, 04:24:11 AM
Marcos, how do you close the bottom of those cans? Or you simply leave them open?
Those ones are still open. But I did used with sucess a thick piece of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) with a piece of aluminium foil glued to it to act as a shield. Just cut the EVA to a little bit over the size of the hole on the can and push it into the hole, the tension will keep it in the place.

tubelectron

Quote from: tubelectron on January 05, 2019, 05:15:24 PM
Quote from: bluebunny on January 05, 2019, 04:41:26 AM
Quote from: tubelectron on January 04, 2019, 06:16:44 PM

:icon_cool:

Thanks bluebunny !

Today, I re-tested the device on my Deluxe Reverb, and surprise...

1 - loud thump / throb in the speaker.

2 - switching cliks on both functions (on/off and harmonic/amplitude).

The 1st is a complete surprise since nothing appeared on my Roland MicroCube - yes, I know that it hasn't the bass extension of a DR, but.. The 2nd was heard more or less, but again, I made the test yesterday evening, at moderated volume.

Add to this that attempting to correct those issue, I killed some SMD components on the PCB while using a 47nF cap that still held for more than 6 month some high voltage coming from my tube amp tests this summer. Stupid, crazy, but true...  :icon_frown:

Some days, it's better to be "lazy, just stay in bed"...  :icon_rolleyes:

That said, the Throb story makes me rewise my opinion about integrating such a device in a (moreover tube) amp project : rather inconclusive...

A+!

Continuation - I think that it can be of some interest to you if you intend to built your SurfyTrem kit or any other tremolo circuit which produce excessive THUMP-THROB...

To solve the issue on my SurfyTrem kit, I added an High Pass Filter (HPF) at the output of the effect, the goal being the eradication of the dangerous wobble in the speakers due to the throb of the tremolo.

Here is the schematic :

I'll have to redesign a verified VERO layout for posting...  :icon_redface:

Here is the installation in the PICOTrem box :

Here are 2 short videos showing the efficiency of - and the necessity for - that filter :

Once the throb removed, the SurfyTrem works very well, both in Bias Vary and Harmonic mode... Once the THROB removed... :icon_mrgreen:

A+!

I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

rankot

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

tubelectron

I'll have to redesign a verified VERO layout for posting...  :icon_redface:

Here it is for those who are interested :

All is fine - end of the Throb Affair...  :icon_wink: :icon_mrgreen:

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

patrick398

Another Repeat Percussion, these are proving popular with my friends. Cream powder coat is pretty sweet. Faceplate is silver hammerite baked gold and laser engraved down to the black base coat. Second pass on the laser made it a little less sharp, i think i could probably get away with one pass.

Not totally sold on those knobs but supplies are running low

patrick398

Harmonic Transformer. These thing sound amazing on bass but you do loose a fair bit of bottom end so i built this one with a clean blend. Black powder coat, silver hammerite faceplate baked gold, laser engraved down to red primer.

Need a new 3mm drill bit, pilot holes where wandering all over the place

vigilante397

Quote from: patrick398 on February 19, 2019, 10:10:23 AM
laser engraved down to red primer

Love that effect, one of the cooler things lasers can do 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

patrick398

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 19, 2019, 11:30:43 AM
Quote from: patrick398 on February 19, 2019, 10:10:23 AM
laser engraved down to red primer

Love that effect, one of the cooler things lasers can do 8)

I'll carry on pretending it was intentional 8)