News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

Finally completed one of my long-time goals, a Deluxe Memory Man in a 1590B. Using an SMPS to take a +9V input and convert it to -15V so it's more pedalboard friendly, and running a pair of Xvive MN3005 for tasty analog tones 8)

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

steveyraff

Custom job I did for someone recently. They supplied a few of the graphics they wanted to be included for the recipients 50th birthday.

The big one is two KOT circuits with externalised dual diode switches for each circuit, and externalised presence trimmers - then with a "Briggs Modded" EP Booster circuit added to the end as a 3rd foot-switch.

The other dual pedal is a "Deep Blue" delay and Vox Repeat Percussion/Hummingbird tremolo.

Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

steveyraff

Nice simple build I just finished today for someone. MK1 and MK2 Tone Bender 2-in-1 unit, with an externalised Bias trimmer added to MK2 side. Sounds cool to me.

Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

patrick398

Looks great! Are they waterslides you're using?

steveyraff

Quote from: patrick398 on April 04, 2019, 11:54:43 AM
Looks great! Are they waterslides you're using?

Yep! Has its limitations, but got used to it over the years so its my go-to method now. I pretty much have to use white to spray all my pedals for the water slides to work correctly. The black one above is actually gloss white, then masked off the top and sprayed the sides metallic graphite, then added a water slide to the top that used up A LOT of black ink while printing!
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

Scruffie

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 29, 2019, 11:22:07 AM
Finally completed one of my long-time goals, a Deluxe Memory Man in a 1590B. Using an SMPS to take a +9V input and convert it to -15V so it's more pedalboard friendly, and running a pair of Xvive MN3005 for tasty analog tones 8)

What, no battery?  :P

That is very, very cool, I always wanted a 'Deluxe Memory Toy'.

vigilante397

Quote from: Scruffie on April 04, 2019, 06:22:32 PM
What, no battery?  :P

I thought about it, and with the low profile footswitch I probably could have squeezed one in there :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bamslam69

Finally completed, my valvecaster pedal, with LPB-1 boost.
There's a lot of tweaking to do, mainly due to circuit noise (power supply?), a loud footswitch pop, and a few gain knob issues.
Is it the best pedal I've ever made? No. Is it the coolest? Yeah!

ps. Uploading images with a phone is soooo easy compared to the pc!
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

bluebunny

Quote from: bamslam69 on April 07, 2019, 06:42:23 PM
Is it the coolest? Yeah!

It's certainly the purplest!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

bamslam69

Oh yeah, gotta love the painted pedals from Tayda.
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

Benoi31

Oh my!!!
That Deluxe Memory man in 1590B is absolutely crazy!  :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

vigilante397

Quote from: Benoi31 on April 11, 2019, 06:26:41 AM
Oh my!!!
That Deluxe Memory man in 1590B is absolutely crazy!  :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Thanks ;D It's not as impressive as what people do here with 1590A's, but I've been trying to squeeze ridiculous things into 1590B. Still debugging my 1590B PLL clone :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

mikeford

Two builds, using the FV1 digital IC and pcb board from PedalPCB.com. The silver one is a Reverb pedal(Threeverb) The darker one is a pitch shift/multi octave thingy called Organ Donor and is a clone of the famed Earthquake devices Organizer pedal.

garcho

^ nice to see some digi builds, bravo
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ElectricDruid

I finally finished my FilterFX project. It's a vactrol-controlled 12dB/oct state variable filter with LP/BP/HP modes, and eight wave shapes from the LFO (my STOMPLFO chip). The original thread was over here:

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=119927.0

Resonance is controlled by the second toggle - high, medium, or low settings. I tried a pot, but honestly, you either have it up or you don't. Three settings is enough. You can tweak the three resistor values to suit if you think it's not enough/too much, so you could have medium, high, and really high if you prefer (Like Towelie from South Park?)

I had an absolute nightmare with the finish on this one. I re-did the waterslide decal about three times, and the final one still cracked in multiple places, but by that point I was beyond caring. On top of that, the wind blew a piece of paper against the pedal while the clearcoat was drying, so that has a weird patch in it too. Oh well. Not my greatest. I can live with it.

Here's the guts:

The two extra jacks are an expression/CV input and a Sync input to synchronise the LFO with an external clock from a sequencer or drum machine or something. Particularly useful with the Sample-and-hold "random levels" waveform.

BTW, note the Xvive vactrols - they got a mention in another thread here. They're good fun, and I recommend them. I'm sure the CoolAudio clones are just as good if the rest of their stuff is any guide.

Finally, the full details, schematics, PIC code, construction guide etc etc are all up over on my website:

https://electricdruid.net/filterfx-lp-bp-hp-lfo-filter/

I haven't finished off the construction guide yet, but it's 95% there, and there's nothing that would stump you lot anyway!

Enjoy!
Tom

mth5044

Great looking enclosure Tom. Love the science meets nature sort of look.

duck_arse

wow-wee! that's fantastic. looks perfect to me.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

ElectricDruid

Quote from: duck_arse on April 20, 2019, 10:42:31 AM

wow-wee! that's fantastic. looks perfect to me.

Thanks, but if you look carefully you'll see funny vertical lines down it where the decal cracked. Only cracked in that direction for some reason. I'm wondering if the paper has aged somewhat badly. I'm sure it didn't used to do that.

Ultimately on this one I'm happier with how it looks on the inside than the outside! For a pretty complicated pedal, the wiring is reasonably tidy.

duck_arse

I don't care about no funny lines - that geometric device has me mesmerised. and the colour seems to have a texture, just to enthrall me all the more.

insides?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

ElectricDruid