News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonis

Nothing more mojo than a slack screw..!!  :icon_wink:

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

temol

Quote from: antonis

Maybe it's a secret push button? :)

T.

deadastronaut

looks like a tank.....cool.  8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Quote from: D_Ex_Patria on September 10, 2019, 10:04:32 AM

You need tracks and a turret on that tank of yours.   ;D

Very cool build.  8)

Edit: Rob got there first!  Who knew we'd rolled over a page...?   :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

D_Ex_Patria

Quote from: duck_arse on September 10, 2019, 10:30:53 AM

Quote from: D_Ex_Patria on September 10, 2019, 10:04:32 AM

All the resistors and boards are soviet-bloc Tesla's that my father had in his old workshop. So... mojo?

The guts are point to point on Tesla tagboard and too ugly to post  :P

no. stop teasing us and show us the guts.

Will do.

Quote from: antonis on September 10, 2019, 11:52:42 AM

Well, now I can't ever tighten it for fear of losing precious mojo. That's going to interfere with taking gut shots, too.

Ben N

See, THIS is why Eric Johnson uses rubber bands. Now do you get it, people?
  • SUPPORTER

D_Ex_Patria

Quote from: duck_arse on September 10, 2019, 10:30:53 AM
no. stop teasing us and show us the guts.

I may try lining with some conductive paint later, but I'm happy with the noise level for now, and I'm not sure if it would be worth the trouble.

Bonus pic of my Tesla resistor stash. I couldn't get my phone to focus on the teeny tiny numbers, but this is what they look like:

alanp

italianguy63

You can still find Tesla resistors on eBay.. out of the old Soviet Bloc.  But, probably very limited on which values...
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

KarenColumbo

Bass Man Tweed (actually Worsted/Gaberdine)

• SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

bluebunny

This is Rick's Causality 6 phaser (a slightly simplified version with fewer options) in one of those Gapco enclosures that mozz posted about a few pages back in this thread (or "loaf tins", as Tom described them!).

I think I might have to do another.  But this time I'll take care when I clean all the gunk off them: those edges are sharp and I cut myself without realising.  :icon_rolleyes:  Which is why I decided the rubber bumper would be a good idea.  Plus it looks good.  The number "6" sticker came off eBay (doesn't everything?).  Its intended use is to put your house number on your wheelie-bin!  I like a tiny bit of repurposing...   :)

Oh, and it sounds pretty good too.  Nice one, Rick.   8)
  • SUPPORTER

patrick398

I think you need to build two more and line them up for some really satanic vibes

duck_arse

the best thing about having built a sheepskin covered pedal is - you can say "I've built a sheepskin covered pedal" - and then you don't ever have to do another one. here is my diphthongiser build, a modded honeydripper seen in that other thread.

I asked the guy if he had any cowhide for to cover a box - he sent me some of his wife's sheepskin offcuts. well what could I do? he'd also sent me that purple cloth, so he really only has himself to blame. shown below is the earlier faulty build, illustrating the dumb stuff I do inside a build, showing some skin and the fleece depth, and some gluing clamps in action.

if you've never handled a skinned box, it is really quite a thing. luxurious and plush, slippery, here and not here. also very hairy. the bypass led is blue, by the way ..... thanks and blame to Rutabaga Bob and Pinkjimiphoton - they know why.
don't make me draw another line.

EBK

Sounds like there are a lot of people to blame for that one.  :icon_lol:
I approve of such madness.   :icon_cool:

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

vigilante397

Quote from: EBK on September 23, 2019, 10:05:44 AM
I approve of such madness.   :icon_cool:

You of all people would :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

quad4

The only pedal which requires the Velcro hook side to be on the pedalboard!

ElectricDruid

Quote from: duck_arse on September 23, 2019, 09:52:47 AM

That's fantastic!

It makes me want to build a pedal that looks like it has a massive afro. You could go full 1970's and do a crazed funk autowah with corduroy flares on the lower enclosure too.

bluebunny

the best thing about having built a sheepskin covered pedal is . . .

. . . you don't have to pack away after a gig - you just get your border collie to round everything up.   ;D

(BTW, cuddly build as usual, mate.  :))
  • SUPPORTER

willienillie

some of his wife's sheepskin offcuts.

From New Zealand, was he?