Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: ElectricDruid on September 23, 2019, 02:37:01 PM
Quote from: duck_arse on September 23, 2019, 09:52:47 AM

That's fantastic!

It makes me want to build a pedal that looks like it has a massive afro. You could go full 1970's and do a crazed funk autowah with corduroy flares on the lower enclosure too.

Dougal!

no, doesn't shed, or not as yet, but it's a bugger trying to find the screw holes, and clearing around the control mounting nuts. as for NZ, no, in fact he comes from the U S of A originally .....

while doing the repairs, I came up with heaps of pertinent gags, yessir, musta been three bags full. but bah. BAH! this black sheepskin fluff made me forget them all, so count yourselves lucky.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

rutabaga bob

No...I DON'T know why.

Nice build!  A person might have to think twice about having this in a house with dogs.  It might get some rough treatment.

Bah...
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

ElectricDruid

Quote from: duck_arse on September 24, 2019, 11:00:06 AM
Dougal!

That's a great idea too! Duly added to the list: "Ideas I must get around to - Volume fourteen, 2018-2020"

T.

G. Hoffman

Quote from: duck_arse on September 23, 2019, 09:52:47 AM
the best thing about having built a sheepskin covered pedal is - you can say "I've built a sheepskin covered pedal" - and then you don't ever have to do another one. here is my diphthongiser build, a modded honeydripper seen in that other thread.

I asked the guy if he had any cowhide for to cover a box - he sent me some of his wife's sheepskin offcuts. well what could I do? he'd also sent me that purple cloth, so he really only has himself to blame. shown below is the earlier faulty build, illustrating the dumb stuff I do inside a build, showing some skin and the fleece depth, and some gluing clamps in action.

if you've never handled a skinned box, it is really quite a thing. luxurious and plush, slippery, here and not here. also very hairy. the bypass led is blue, by the way ..... thanks and blame to Rutabaga Bob and Pinkjimiphoton - they know why.

Reminds me of my Ex.

Gabriel

amptramp

If you used one of the wedge-shaped Hammond boxes, this could be a perfect enclosure for a Big Muff.

Strategy

Here's my take on the Spectrum, the Deadend FX project. I'm posting it alongside the original, super-rare Holmes Spectrum pedal that belongs to a friend of mine and which was the actual unit from which Dino & Phil traced and developed their project from. Pure MIJ genius filtering. I tried to follow the design to the extent possible; I couldn't find exact knob matches but Sifam/Selco make some that are good approximations. The 1/8" jacks are control voltage inputs I doctored up using rolled-my-own-'vactrols' and wired to each pot. Greatly appreciate the DEFX boys translating this hen's tooth into a project for all to enjoy.
EDIT: how do I adjust image size when uploading with photobucket? no matter what size I select it appears the same each time.

-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

ElectricDruid

Is it called the Spectrum because it borrows the aesthetic of a Sinclair Spectrum?

Ok, maybe that's just me...

duck_arse

bean

Quote from: ElectricDruid on September 26, 2019, 03:23:55 PM
Is it called the Spectrum because it borrows the aesthetic of a Sinclair Spectrum?

Ok, maybe that's just me...

Oh dear. I had the ZX81 when I was a wee thing. I think I ran two programs on it and decided I'd rather have an Atari  :)

snarblinge

Been a long while between completed builds, here is a simple looper, but i'm having a lot of fun with the paint pen/spray combo

should have spaced the stomps just a tiny bit more..grr

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: duck_arse on September 24, 2019, 11:00:06 AM

no, doesn't shed, or not as yet, but it's a bugger trying to find the screw holes, and clearing around the control mounting nuts. as for NZ, no, in fact he comes from the U S of A originally .....

Would've called this "The Wookie Bush!"
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

vigilante397

Quote from: snarblinge on September 28, 2019, 07:45:55 PM

You got waaaayyyyy better results with paint pens than I ever did. Looks great! ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

creepingnet

I'm back, another build done, this time a simpler, more traditional take on the Bazz Fuss circuit using a BC547 wired on tagboard.  Art Pending.

Twas a bit of a scavenger job since it started life as someone else's Homebrew "not quite a fuzz or overdrive" which wiring wise resembled a Fuzz Face (but sounded nothing like one).

Still trying to get all the parts together for my Guitari 2600 synthesizer pedal though.  19 or so controls.....need a lovetone sized case for it.  A whole year in the making....

And FazzFuzz turned two and was recently used on The Sonic Dead LP through a Champ clone. 

duck_arse

yes yes, I know, but I had to polish it because of the masking tape gum leftovers. here see a Harmonic Percolator built into a ..... err ..... moka pot. has heat and steam controls, no bypass indicator, and a switch that does nothing. press the volcano for bypass. safety valve for safety.

everything is on plugs and sockets, wired with shielded cable so I could drap it all over inside. it is very pushy and stiff-fitting as a result.

my last bit of vero - somewhere between the breadboading and the finished thing, the "octave down" the switch was to control left us. I can't hear it affect the sound at all. and some pot brackets, half bent.

Kipper4

Harmonic Dalek
Sweet thanks Stephen
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

mikeford

Parasite ,the pedalPCB clone of the TychoBrahe parapedal.

alixxx

My booster tube pedal rev.3. Muller Classic Amp boost section.  I refused to use a transformer to making anode voltage. Now there is a pulse converter.

ElectricDruid

Very cool, and I like the 'no transformer' and the cunning dual PCB layout, but using two red LEDs to make the tube glow is cheating!! ;)