SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

italianguy63

Eric.. from yesterday.

We have another launch tomorrow.

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

I loved the way the NASA folks said they expected some "breakup" and "likely some ignition", from the rocket suddenly being less pointy, instead of saying it would be a really cool explosion.  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bluebunny

Quote from: EBK on January 20, 2020, 01:16:24 PM
the rocket suddenly being less pointy

I love it when you get all technical with us, Eric.   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

EBK

Quote from: bluebunny on January 21, 2020, 03:24:33 AM
Quote from: EBK on January 20, 2020, 01:16:24 PM
the rocket suddenly being less pointy

I love it when you get all technical with us, Eric.   ;D
I more or less got that part straight from the NASA acronym, PINKSLIP (Pretty Impressive Nice Kaboom from Sudden Loss of Initial Pointiness).   :icon_wink::icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Ben N

I've had this happen to soldering iron tips, but the results were less dramatic.
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Long while since I built anything without a board of any kind but needed a looper pedal with all jacks at the top. Looks naked!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

vigilante397

Quote from: stallik on January 21, 2020, 09:53:59 AM
Long while since I built anything without a board of any kind but needed a looper pedal with all jacks at the top. Looks naked!

Agreed, have you considered adding 18 LEDs, or maybe a microcontroller? :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Ben N

HELLO!!!! Hello!! hello! Is there anybody in here?
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Now you've said that Ben, I'm sure I can hear an echo when I switch it on
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

duck_arse

I could have made that same pedal/layout, and the battery wouldn't have fit.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Ben N

Quote from: stallik on January 21, 2020, 11:48:32 AM
Now you've said that Ben, I'm sure I can hear an echo when I switch it on
Even simpler than a PT2399.
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Quote from: duck_arse on January 22, 2020, 08:08:25 AM
I could have made that same pedal/layout, and the battery wouldn't have fit.

It was designed to be an interference fit. I was surprised to have got it exactly right given the angle of the enclosure side. I was also disappointed when I found that not all batteries are the same size ::)

vigilante397

Got a bunch of pedals finished to re-stock my online store, some I had made before and some new ones.

Arpegasus: EQD Arpanoid clone

Particle Accelerator: Alembic F-2B clone

Black Eye: Soldano GTO clone

Wrecking Ball: Mesa Dual Rectifier preamp clone

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rankot

They're all very cool, but why to hell you have to put three tubes and six pots into 1590B instead of 1590BB? Pots will degrade very soon, as well as other components.  :o
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

vigilante397

Quote from: rankot on January 22, 2020, 03:00:59 PM
They're all very cool, but why to hell you have to put three tubes and six pots into 1590B instead of 1590BB? Pots will degrade very soon, as well as other components.  :o

Honestly I did it to prove to myself that it could be done :P 1590B is my favorite size, so if I can't build something into a 1590B I usually just won't build it.

On the design I made the board as long as possible so I could keep as many parts as possible away from the tubes, making it thermally as safe as I could get it. Plus I make sure to get high (usually 105C or 125C) rated components to reduce the chances of failures in a warm box. Pots are a legitimate concern though, the lubricant melts pretty quick and they turn pretty smooth :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

rankot

It's OK then, but I always like my preamps in 1590BB. More space for knobs, nice for thick fingered guys like me :)
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

amptramp

Quote from: stallik on January 21, 2020, 09:53:59 AM

If you add one more switch, you could have a burst box looper pedal.  I bet no one else you know has one.

diydave

Quote from: rankot on January 22, 2020, 03:00:59 PM

You can probably fry an egg on the "Wrecking Ball".
Damn, those mini-tubes get hot.

duck_arse

Quote from: stallik on January 22, 2020, 12:59:54 PM
..... I was also disappointed when I found that not all batteries are the same size ::)

nice one, centurion. can I use this for my next batter snap mishap?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

vigilante397

Quote from: diydave on January 23, 2020, 06:53:27 AM
You can probably fry an egg on the "Wrecking Ball".
Damn, those mini-tubes get hot.

I don't know about fried, but it makes a nice sunny-side up ;)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com