News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricDruid

garcho

^ bravissimo! Sounds like something I would love to spend time playing with, I'd ask for the schematic but not sure I want to see it :)
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

bluebunny

Here's Lawrence's "Zero to 6d(B) x2" boost.  Decided to use a SIL 4558 fer fun.  Graphic is a nod to his erstwhile profile pic.  Quite remarkably managed to (almost) match the decal background to the enclosure colour!

Got some more to do after lunch...
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

bluebunny

Had lunch, did these:

1. Andy's Quackmire envelope filter

2. Feng Drive II (Grind Customs take on the Zen Drive)
  • SUPPORTER

Elijah-Baley

Nice pedals!
Where did you find the Andy's Quackmire envelope filter veroboard layout?
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

bluebunny

Quote from: Elijah-Baley on May 17, 2020, 03:47:16 AM
Nice pedals!
Where did you find the Andy's Quackmire envelope filter veroboard layout?

Thanks E-B.  The layout is my own work.

Edit: I've posted my layout in Andy's original thread.
  • SUPPORTER

mikeford

Madbeans rustbucket.

Gerhard

Quote from: willienillie on January 13, 2020, 01:55:13 PM
Quote from: Joncaster on January 13, 2020, 06:35:30 AM
That light shield is awesome!

See, there is an error in the Forum-Vibe build documents, two resistors swapped (R48 and R49) on the populated board diagram.  In my case at least, it limited the available depth of the effect, and had me pulling the guts out twice to make various improvements, including the light shield.  Now that I have those resistors corrected it works much better, but I'm leaving the second light shield in place.  It's much lighter and more like the originals.

Greetings,
so you swapped the R48 - 47K with, in this schematic  R47 - 100k?

If this is true, YMMD!
Cheers!
Gerhard

willienillie

Yes, in the build docs for the Forum Vibe, the schematic is correct but those two resistors are swapped on the populated board diagram.  First page here:

https://www.classicamplification.net/fv/FV5_BuildLayout.pdf

I hadn't noticed before, but the schematic at the end of that pdf (the one you snipped) calls those resistors R47 and R48.  So, more confusion!

Here's the "other" schematic I had been referencing, with R48 and R49:

slowpogo

This is hands down the best sounding, coolest looking pedal I've built. It's a DMM clone with original MN3005 chips (pulled from old FX96 delays). It puts the other analog delays I've owned to shame. I had it UV printed back when Pedal Parts Plus was still doing one-offs. Is there another place where you can get enclosure printing done on a single basis?

slowpogo

I've built a few Lovetone clones using DFX boards...

Flange with No Name:

Wobulator:

Joncaster

Harmonic Tremolo V1.0

I finally got round to boxing this, but despite having put so much work into it till this point, I didn't do much to the outside, so it's just brushed alu, and I slapped on what knobs I had.
If I rectify the labelling and knobs, i'll post more pics.

So it's a prototype for now, I'll move forward with 2.0 when I can get some more parts.

VCA based, running at 15V currently (can take 18V with adjustments).
I can't run at 9V cause the VCA doesn't. So I'll get a different VCA for a 9V version and have to change the biasing structure accordingly.

First time designing a layout for opamps, so a lot of the off-board isn't located elegantly.

Controls are:
On/Off and Cancel footswitches
Speed, Depth, Volume (can boost a lot, unity is noon)
Toggle for Harmonic and Normal tremolo
Toggle to select two different frequency ranges (normal, and a slightly higher one)

I want to work on Expression control, flashing LED's, some routing options maybe...for the next iteration.

I voiced the frequencies to represent a dark, lush, green colour, and a lighter colour in the hi position.
I wanted it to sound like a light was being shone through clear, but dark water. Anyone who's been night-diving will understand that kind of feeling.

I also wanted it to have a particular movement to the tremolo, and so I've chosen an LFO and biasing scheme to create that. Needs tons of work if I ever want to produce a few for people, but the sound is there.

I'll film a video of the sound and operation for anyone interested.
Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

Music is Eternity: stretched like the sky over the landscape of our lives.

"It's better to be looking at it, than looking for it."

My Band:
http://www.coldwatermorning.bandcamp.com

idiot savant

Nice work!

Which VCA did you use?
All the common ones like the 2164 or 3360 run fine on lower voltages...

Joncaster

Quote from: idiot savant on May 27, 2020, 08:15:03 AM
Nice work!

Which VCA did you use?
All the common ones like the 2164 or 3360 run fine on lower voltages...

Thanks!
The only thing I could find locally at the time was a random Mitsubishi meant for hifi applications. It chows power and can't do less than +7.5/-7.5. But it's high headroom and sounds clean to me.
Music is Eternity: stretched like the sky over the landscape of our lives.

"It's better to be looking at it, than looking for it."

My Band:
http://www.coldwatermorning.bandcamp.com

garcho

QuoteBut it's high headroom and sounds clean to me.

So much for trying a LM13700 VCA  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Gerhard

Here is my version of "The RAT".

Thanks to Jill Baumann (http://www.jillbauman.com/) for the wonderfull artwork.

Cheers
Gerhard

bean

More finished builds.

Mutron II with phase stage selection and optional tap tempo input, PNP FF, Foxx Tone Machine, Buzzaround, Mutron V w/mods and the VFE MiniMu. Second image is a Whestone Phaser which is sounding pretty great.

rankot

Ibanez EM5 clone, with PCB from Takota and lots of my tweaks. Really like this one, but I don't like the PCB, it was made to fit into 1590BB landscape, so I had to use this BIG 1590XX enclosure to be able to put all I wanted inside. But it's good as a prototype and I have designed my own PCB which fits into 1590BB with all those bells and whistles, and I will soon have some for sale! Still need the knobs, but I'm eager to post it :)

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

slowpogo

Quote from: rankot on June 03, 2020, 06:39:26 PM
Ibanez EM5 clone, with PCB from Takota and lots of my tweaks.

Nice! I'm about to build the EM5 clone from Dead End FX. Dare I ask, how difficult is it to add the modulation section? Is that daughterboard something you made yourself, or is it commercially available?

rankot

Quote from: slowpogo on June 03, 2020, 09:33:21 PM
Quote from: rankot on June 03, 2020, 06:39:26 PM
Ibanez EM5 clone, with PCB from Takota and lots of my tweaks.

Nice! I'm about to build the EM5 clone from Dead End FX. Dare I ask, how difficult is it to add the modulation section? Is that daughterboard something you made yourself, or is it commercially available?
I made that board myself. Simple 555 based LFO, with LED/LDR as active element.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!