News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rankot

Not the best or the most beautiful appliance around and not the pedal too, but I'm quite happy I've finished it, together with the enclosure. Aiken Reactive Dummy Load https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/aikens-reactive-dummy-load.1072793/, made using this schematic:

I also made smaller inductor myself (470uH), and the bigger one is made by P&K Audio from Belgrade - famous amp builder, but he also makes transformers for other people. Couldn't find 200uF bipolar cap locally, so I bought two 390uF and put them in series. Still have to test the unit.

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

davent

That came out really well, looks good!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

rankot

Quote from: davent on February 03, 2021, 12:27:27 PM
That came out really well, looks good!
dave
Thanks! Drilling aluminum was really a PITA, I broke three 2mm bits during process. Finally bought 2.5mm one and that one finished the job.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

garcho

bravo, nice work Ranko!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

rankot

One more - this time it IS a pedal, actually Harmonic Percolator - but renamed to Horn Grower, since this is a birthday present for our young family friend (aged 12), who really likes to show horns! Artwork is done by my daughter :)

I wanted to put this into 1590A, but then, after building it, noticed that PCB will collide with jacks, so it got bigger enclosure.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

Quote from: rankot
One more - this time it IS a pedal, actually Harmonic Percolator

Nice! I like spaghetti-looking tracks :)

andy-h-h

D*A*M Red Rooster Germanium Booster

Sounds great, I'm pretty happy with the end result - far from perfect, but works for me.  :icon_wink:

rankot

Quote from: temol on February 05, 2021, 04:22:41 PM
Quote from: rankot
One more - this time it IS a pedal, actually Harmonic Percolator

Nice! I like spaghetti-looking tracks :)

Spaghetti everywhere!

;D
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Phend

Little Jim:
Finally after replacing the tube in my laser, I was able to cut the wood for the box.
And assemble the components "inside the box".  It sounds fantastic. No hiss (I don't miss).
Matched the BS170's using cheap meter. Matched the 4k7 resistors on either side of them.
Added a 330 ohm switched resistor at C3. And a B10k pot for fart suppression.
Used my patented special battery clip and 14ga wire where the current might exceed 12 amps.

Here are the pictures...Thanks Jonny.Reckless and the rest for your discussion on Little Jim.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Marcos - Munky

Very beautiful build, again. Another artwork you made.

Quote from: Phend on February 16, 2021, 11:13:49 AM
14ga wire where the current might exceed 12 amps.
I'd really worry about if any stompbox current exceed 12 amps  :icon_lol:

amptramp

Are you actually gigging with something that is still in breadboard form?  You've got more guts than me.

Phend

^ No, for home use only. You should never take a bread box to a gig unless you bring cheeze or Peanut butter.
  • SUPPORTER+

kaycee

A second, and final Hudson Broadcast for myself - other one was a present to my step son.

mtk

Quote from: kaycee on February 18, 2021, 04:42:17 PM
A second, and final Hudson Broadcast for myself - other one was a present to my step son.

That looks badass. Great work.

BarbarachBC

LPB-1 clone, and me playing with ink markers for the design.

vigilante397

New one from me, this is a 12AU7 buffer in a 1590B, unity gain so no controls, probably doesn't even need a footswitch :P Finish is UV print with sparkly clear powdercoat over the top.

Obligatory guts

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

temol

Korg CX3 rotary effect. Laser engraved faceplate, walnut side panels.

Phend

Hello all:
Started on my next project. It is kind of an R & D prototype.
I am posting this so you can see the main parts unassembled.
It is a simple GGG EXH Muff Fuzz Transistor Version. Non gig version. Home use only.
I added an LED with capacitor and Tone control that I learned from building Little Jim.
This is not your ordinary build.
I haven't looked thru all 1461 pages of the Pictures to see any other unordinary builds.
The blue fluorescent acrylic box is quite sturdy, albeit I won't be stomping on it, but could.
I also built my first circuit board. Ok you can start chuckling now.
Will be using LED's for a different type of expression.
Paul (stay tuned)

• SUPPORTER+

ElectricDruid

Quote from: temol on February 27, 2021, 04:57:24 AM
Korg CX3 rotary effect. Laser engraved faceplate, walnut side panels.

Beautiful, Temol! And quite synthy too, with the wooden end panels!

Can you give us a quick overview of how the old Korg CX3 does its rotary effect? I'm imagining "drum" and "rotor" chorus circuits operating at different rates or some such? Is it anything like that? How did they do the ramping form Slow to Fast?