News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garcho

I made a fuzz pedal for a friend called "cinghiale" - Italian for wild boar, one of my favorite meats, and one my favorite Italian words. That was a good excuse to use the rest of the fugly brown knobs I bought for something else I built into a chocolate tin.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

niektb

My small midi controller for a Line 6 M5!  8) Be sure to álso vectorize your fonts before sending your design to Tayda for UV printing :)

Scratched off the text, feels better to me lol even though you can see a scratch. Will probably print another one as soon as I'm done prototyping :)

Phend

Latest build, The Discombobulator, a Scope with Tone Bender effect with Q3 bias, laser cut parts including scope buttons. By placing this last in the chain other effects can be displayed on the scope.  Other effect is my Foxx build switching octave and diode selection and fuzz. This is my first utube.
I
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

vigilante397

New one from me, Mesa Dual Rec Solo (red channel) preamp with 12AX7. 1590XX enclosure, UV print and clear powdercoat.

And guts. Pretty roomy in there, but I couldn't make 3x 12AX7 fit in a 1590BB and this was the next readily available size.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

ElectricDruid

Quote from: vigilante397 on June 18, 2021, 04:54:46 PM
New one from me, Mesa Dual Rec Solo (red channel) preamp with 12AX7. 1590XX enclosure, UV print and clear powdercoat.

Nice, but all that panel space and the knobs have to be so cramped?

Sorry, but that was my first response to it. There must be a better way to lay stuff out that gives both the tubes and the knobs some room?

vigilante397

Quote from: ElectricDruid on June 18, 2021, 06:15:17 PM
Quote from: vigilante397 on June 18, 2021, 04:54:46 PM

Nice, but all that panel space and the knobs have to be so cramped?

Sorry, but that was my first response to it. There must be a better way to lay stuff out that gives both the tubes and the knobs some room?
Yup, that was a thought while I was assembling it. I think I may have just mismeasured the chassis, I could have made the PCB bigger so I could spread out the pots. When I redesign this one (literally next week) the PCB will grow so the pots should have more room.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

davent

I really like that layout, with the knobs being in pairs and a good amount of space between the pairs, i don't imagine any issues in adjusting them.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Lhoraxe

Why are some pictures not here? Someone built a fender champion and I wanna see it!

stallik

Quote from: Lhoraxe on June 18, 2021, 11:40:33 PM
Why are some pictures not here? Someone built a fender champion and I wanna see it!
This site doesn't host the pictures. Instead, you have to upload them to another site and create a link to them when posting here. Some picture were hosted on free image hosting sites. When they became 'not free anymore' the pictures were replaced by that company's logo unless the poster started paying. Big revolt, pictures disappeared. Others don't appear because the link is broken.

Smart asses like me who host their own images will see all of them disappear at the same time if the bill isn't paid or the web address changes and those who have posted hundreds of images would be faced with a mammoth task of updating the URL's for each post even of that were possible (I don't think it is on old posts)

You could just ask the original poster if they might be able to re-post but that presumes they still have the original image...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

duck_arse

Quote from: vigilante397 on June 18, 2021, 07:05:38 PM
....the PCB will grow.....

you are starting to sound like EBK.
don't make me draw another line.

vigilante397

Quote from: davent on June 18, 2021, 09:54:08 PM
I really like that layout, with the knobs being in pairs and a good amount of space between the pairs, i don't imagine any issues in adjusting them.
dave

And really there isn't any issue adjusting them, it's much better than my submini tube Mesa preamp in the 1590B from a couple years ago, but as I was putting it together I realized that if my knobs were any bigger they wouldn't fit. Not that I'm planning to use bigger knobs at any point, but I would like them spread a little more just to make me feel better.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

vigilante397

One more new one from me, then I promise I'll leave everyone alone for a bit :P Ampeg SVT preamp with a pair of 12AX7. I couldn't find a 5-way switch I liked for the mids frequency selector so I added a couple frequencies and used an 8-position.

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

stallik

Looking at such a great build it seems a bit churlish to pick faults but. If the jack and dc sockets were raised a little closer to the rim of the enclosure, there would be enough room to place the pots nearer  to the top edge of the enclosure. That would give more space between them and the foot switch.

Apart from that, it looks brilliant
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

vigilante397

Quote from: stallik on June 21, 2021, 12:22:33 PM
Looking at such a great build it seems a bit churlish to pick faults but. If the jack and dc sockets were raised a little closer to the rim of the enclosure, there would be enough room to place the pots nearer  to the top edge of the enclosure. That would give more space between them and the foot switch.

Apart from that, it looks brilliant

A good note, and certainly one I try to follow on my 125B builds where the enclosure is taller, but on a 1590BB I feel like I don't have enough vertical room to play and definitely err on the side of caution. I also try to leave as much room as is reasonably possible at the top so customers that want to swap their tubes have more room to get fingers in.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

Leston Braun

Long time no updates! Pedalbuilding has seen quiet times in the past years, but during covid having time in the shed has seen much increase in building things and stuff, also pedals!

These first few I might have posted back in 2016, but here goes,

Duo of zendrives for two friends, other chameleon painted, and other glow in the dark. Simple stuff

Valvecaster with turretboard in a Hammond walnut case, very happy with this

Brother has a band called The Holy, they needed a hot cake for their guitarist, and made myself a unit at the same time (hence the naming!)

Older Fuzz face, version with silicone trannies salvaged from a old fuzz circuit board of some kind

Then from this year, a set of several, Ge-Fuzz, Zen Drive and a Rat with metal can LM308

And the insides of these:

Then came a clone of MP BBBOD for a bass player friend

And the latest was a set of two Foxx Tone Machines with ultimate octave mods. Red one has 2SC828 trannies salvaged from a 70s Sone tape reel machine. First made one for a friend, then came request for the second one from a friend of a friend

At the moment two more brewing up in the shed, happy times to work these once again!

duck_arse

Leston Braun - just a note to say that a lot [some] of people won't be able to see those images in thread, because their browser won't load from "http" sites, only https secure sites. to see them, we have to quote your post [if the page ever stops trying to load] to get the links, then copy/paste them one at a time in a new tab. unless anyone has a better method ......
don't make me draw another line.

stallik

I'm seeing them here and they're looking good

davent

Quote from: duck_arse on June 25, 2021, 10:40:29 AM
Leston Braun - just a note to say that a lot [some] of people won't be able to see those images in thread, because their browser won't load from "http" sites, only https secure sites. to see them, we have to quote your post [if the page ever stops trying to load] to get the links, then copy/paste them one at a time in a new tab. unless anyone has a better method ......

Blanks for me as well.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Leston Braun

Oh bugger. I hosted them in the space included in my broadband, but apparently they do not support any https-options.

I hope someone sees them, and I need to look for other options for hosting pics. Anyways resized them to fit the screens more nicely!

ElectricDruid

Quote from: vigilante397 on June 21, 2021, 03:27:30 PM
A good note, and certainly one I try to follow on my 125B builds where the enclosure is taller, but on a 1590BB I feel like I don't have enough vertical room to play and definitely err on the side of caution. I also try to leave as much room as is reasonably possible at the top so customers that want to swap their tubes have more room to get fingers in.

Maybe try it with the tubes the other way around, so that you leave the extra space at the *bottom* instead? Then the PCB could push right up to the top and you'd have more room for the pots and (more importantly) not have toggle switches right next to the footswitch. Those are going to get busted by someone stamping on the toggle sooner or later.