News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

[quote author ;D=timmy_the_jew link=topic=36392.msg1230372#msg1230372 date=1633528658]
Quote from: duck_arse on October 06, 2021, 09:48:53 AM
Quote from: timmy_the_jew on October 06, 2021, 08:18:51 AM

welcome to the forum. I'm not keen on those knobs.

They're just some cream colored knobs I found on Tayda.
[/quote]

He said "knob".

He said "cream".

Timmy, read duck's post from a point of view of someone making a joke about your graphic graphics.

;D ;D ;D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

timmy_the_jew

Oh, I knew What he was saying  ;D :icon_biggrin:
The graphic started as a joke. I asked my friend what he wanted the pedal to look like and he replied "I don't care if it has a giant d*#k on it as long as it works!" So...... I took some creative license with GIMP. The function names are just part of the overall scheme.
"Spend a lot of time enjoying what you do instead of worrying about the outcome. The process is paramount."

-Ryan Martinie

davent

Quote from: Dewil on October 06, 2021, 09:19:57 AM
Here's some I did when I was actively building these. Can't really mess with the laquer and paint stuff because of allergic reactions nowadays. That's why I am looking into some services and alternatives. Nice Fuzz there and Gratz on the first build, this is a nice hobby indeed, especially when you get to the vero and pcb building stuff ;)

Have you tried waterborne paints and lacquer clearcoats? I use artist's acrylic paints mostly from Golden and stay away completely from anything that comes in a spray can except for self etching primer for aluminum.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Dewil

I do have some golden acrylics, used those on some of the pedals with the decals. I think I will just get a DYMO for labeling =D
A brushed on clearcoat could be something to try. I think you can get something that evens out nicely when applied.

kaycee

I use the plastikote enamels, lots of colours and a clear coat too. Application by brush, dries In 20mins. Probably best used over a special metals primer, also available as brush on. Stick on letters or letter stamping is easy. Visit a craft store, loads of stuff you can use.

BarbarachBC

I was eating some nice fudge, the box looked nice so I thought why not. I built a silicon Fuzz Face clone - Guinness Fudge Face   ;D

hair force one

An Arcadiator to put on my rug.

Phend

Finished this acrylic Fuzz Face using those old radio transistors.
Hfe 82 and 124.
Added  LED and tropical fish.
Sounds great, turn guitar volume down, immediately cleans up.
Like it , sounds as grungy as the Solder job looks.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Aviator18

This is my third completed pedal. It is a PedalPCB Woodpecker Tremelo. Artwork is on photo paper with two coats of Krylon Triple Thick Clear Glaze. I had to enlarge the LED hole after apply the artwork and scraped of a bit of color around the "Level" label. I fixed the ending "l" with a fine-point Sharpie.

Have Soldering Iron, Will Travel.

fowl

Phend

Yes, 49n , from Fuzz Central's Arbiter Fuzz Face.  49 = 47
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

duck_arse

nice graphics. what's that green blob in the middle of the board?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

It's the fattest 220nF greenie I've ever seen.   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

aah, trick of the light. I have those 220nF's from tayda also, been trying to find hiding places for them for years.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Aviator18

Quote from: duck_arse on October 16, 2021, 09:24:01 AM

nice graphics. what's that green blob in the middle of the board?

Thank you. It's a JB Polyester Mylar Film capacitor from Tayda. There was room, so I used it.
Have Soldering Iron, Will Travel.

hair force one

An Electric Druid FilterFX to put on my rug.

Awesome filter by the way.

Dewil

That looks like a lot of fun. I need to check Electric Druid out.

eh la bas ma

I made one of these, there is no "oscillate" switch... What does it do ? How is it wired ?
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

Toy Sun

Quote from: hair force one on October 20, 2021, 03:59:50 AM
An Electric Druid FilterFX to put on my rug.

Awesome filter by the way.

How did you do your labeling? it looks good!

Toy Sun

Been a while since I posted a photo. This is Fuzz Dog's OTA compressor, it sounds great! As usual, the Fuzz Dog stuff goes together really easy for me, this worked on first fire up. And I'm finally at the point where I feel comfortable posting a gut shot. Be kind!