News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phend

I have looked for smaller pots, been using 16mm. Bought the black plastic barrel jacks but prefer the Switchcraft metal, never used the barrel ones. A 9v battery takes up more space so I like 12v. I modified the circuit and will make another. This time a photo of each step to share.  BTW the smd's are epoxied in place. You can imagine, and it is true that only the tiniest bit of epoxy and silver epoxy are used to mount the parts. So I will box it up as shown. These parts are small, kudos to Nathan and others for working with them. I don't think I would make a Flanger using this method, the math is hard enough, lol. Might visit Laplace some day, it's in Louisiana.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

bean

Here is a series of builds which I worked on for a very long time. Very happy to be done with them finally!

Left to right: SansAmp Bass Drive, EHX Worm, EHX Polyphase.

eh la bas ma

beautiful !

Are these laser-printed metal faceplates ?
"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

bean

Quote from: eh la bas ma on March 10, 2022, 08:43:56 AM
beautiful !

Are these laser-printed metal faceplates ?

TYVM. No, they are etched copper.

Phend

Hey, boxed up the SMD GGG Muff Fuzz, thanks GGG for the circuit drawing.
With just the 100k pot this small thing will blow speakers right off M5 flange bolts.
Too impressive for my ears, so with antonis help, I put in the suggested resistor to lug 3 of the pot to tame the "voltage volume" down. Sounds great, biased to some degree with limited selection of resistors. Impressed. One lesson learned is when working with Switchcraft type jacks always insert plug because the prongs expand out and may interfer with whatever is in the way. Easy fix this time.
Anyway see below the pics. Not sure why it is but this thing really rocks.
Thanks all........

• SUPPORTER+

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: EBK on March 04, 2022, 05:25:00 PM
There was regular, smooth white primer underneath.  The hammertone texture is user error.

I can guess that it may have had something to do with the air temperature. The outside temperature was quite low when I was painting, but the enclosure was warm, and I tried to be quick getting it back into my outdoor toaster oven between coats. That, combined with how long I shook the can, how close I held the nozzle, and how thickly I applied it, means there were a lot of variables that led to the result which was a complete surprise.  I have no idea if I could repeat that texture, but I would definitely try.  I'm pleased with it myself.
A few years back I was experimenting with hammertone paint trying to get the most texture out of it. I refrigerated a couple of cans overnight and sprayed them outside on a hot day. Even with those conditions the paint didn't coil up as much as yours had!

Super jealous of your happenstance  :P
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Phend

Woops, see lounge, comment, wrinkle paint
  • SUPPORTER+

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: Phend on March 14, 2022, 05:31:29 PM
Thanks! Definitely missed that one.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

cab42

Quote from: davent on March 14, 2022, 06:04:36 PM

This will get buried and lost.

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=118278.msg1243061#msg1243061

At 3:20 he talks about clear coating and and also near the end of the video. Is that on top of the wet paint before using the heat gun?
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

davent

Quote from: cab42 on March 16, 2022, 06:11:09 PM
Quote from: davent on March 14, 2022, 06:04:36 PM

This will get buried and lost.

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=118278.msg1243061#msg1243061

At 3:20 he talks about clear coating and and also near the end of the video. Is that on top of the wet paint before using the heat gun?

My impression was he would clearcoat after the wrinkle coat was dried/cured or... maybe that was just my assumption
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

FiveseveN

Might as well do a little sneak peak of what I've been working on for a year: an analog preamp (clean + 6 types of distortion + external loop) with digital control and a web interface.
First time in the wild, trying it out on bass.

And the web interface
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

ElectricDruid

Very cool, FiveSeven. If it's not a trade secret, how did you do the digital control of the analog pre-amp, and how do you get a website to talk to a pedal? Sounds fascinating. Cool that you finish up with an uncluttered box, yet have such detailed control - and presets make perfect sense for such a device. What does the one knob on the box do, btw?

bean

Here's my 125B Deluxe Memory Man. This is mostly stock, except I removed the need for 24v wall wart. It powers off any isolated 18v supply (still positive ground). I think this was my first attempt at stacked boards and it worked out fine. After completing this build, I adapted the layout to 4-layer so I was able to tighten it up a little more. Last task to complete is to include the overload LED circuitry.

bean

My Pedals for Ukraine fundraiser entry.: the Cave Dweller 2022. This was designed around deadastronaut's envelope modulation mod. There's a fully DIY version available with etchable artwork on my website: https://www.madbeanpedals.com/EP/index.html

FiveseveN

Quote from: ElectricDruid on April 11, 2022, 06:31:42 PM
What does the one knob on the box do, btw?

It's configurable to any of the main parameters:

The brain of the operation is an ESP32 (WROOM 32E). It offers a Wi-Fi Access Point, serves the webpage and provides real time communication through WebSocket.

Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

eh la bas ma

Moosapotamus 360 Bass Fuzz - perfboard.

I didn't play very long with it yet, but it sounds very interesting. Obviously it will sound differently on various amps, I can't wait to explore its possibilities...

http://moosapotamus.net/files/360%20Bass%20Fuzz%20Notes.pdf

https://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2015/03/moosapotamus-360-fuzz.html

I used what I had available (I am a bit out of money these days), so I had to subsitute a few things.

Q1 BC550 = BC549C
Q3 (socketed) 12N1306 ( ge. NPN 60-300 Hfe) = 2N2369A (si. 40-120 Hfe) or 2N3904, 2N4401 (60/100-300). I am open to suggestion on this one. All my germanium transitors are PNP, unfortunatly. I am afraid I am loosing a part of this circuit's character, without a germanium transistor there...

Fuzz B500K = A500K

3.3 uF, I soldered together 2.2 +1 uF
2.5nF = 2.2n+250p (green and red caps on last pic)

I wonder if these substitutions are ok, any downside in your  opinion ?

A piece of plastic, from a vanilla ice cream box, to protect the soldering side.

"One Cannot derogate, by particular conventions, from the Laws which relate to public Order and good Morals." Article 6 of the Civil Code.
"We must not confuse what we are and what society has made of us." Theodor W. Adorno.

EBK

My MBP Archibald (Tube Driver) build:

This pedal is great in front of a solid state amp.  Gives it a fun tube front end feel and sound.

The cutout over the tube was done by hand.  Many hours of drilling, cutting, grinding, filing, filling, and trimming.  It doesn't show very well in the pics, but it's my EK "cattle brand" logo, which you have probably (maybe) seen before.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bluebunny

Very nice build, Eric.  Yes, I did spot the logo-as-ventilation.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Phend

Cool Eric, bet the sun spots and tube glow looks good together.
  • SUPPORTER+