SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phend

Here is one I completed today.
The Improved EA Tremolo.
Thanks GGG with Robert Strand's and runoffgroove.com adjustments.
Worked right in the box, doubled and tripled checked.
Took my time and blue printed resistors and caps.
As good as my now limited old resistors would allow anyway.
Bottom line, this effect is great sounding, definitely worth it imho.
Controls work very well, over all I am impressed, can't say enough good.
Flashing LED is cool and also works as it should.
No noise or ticking....................
Add it to the wood pile.
(Note: See Eric's cool project on the previous page)

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

EBK

A charity sale build:

Circuit is a Distortion+ with several Wampler mods and a vintage Raytheon chip.  The delicious dumplings on the enclosure graphics are varenyky.
Storyboardist (Effects Layouts) donated the boards for this build.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bean

New MXR 117 layout. I did this on a 4-layer board which is now my favorite crutch for PCB design. Artwork was etched on yellowish FR-4, soaked in Aluminum Black then sanded back. It left a nice contrast on the PCB material and artwork. Finished with a couple layers of clear gloss. Sounds fantastic. My second "Gorefield" build.

deadastronaut

finished up a new delay with 'passive' modulation.  for lush after chorus without an LFO.... 8) 8) 8)

'EBE DELAY'

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

New one from me. I did a compressor a while back, and I had a few people tell me they use it with little or no compression as just an always-on tube tone machine, so I decided to do a board with the same circuit but no compression sidechain. Sounds pretty damn good, and the circuit is simple enough that I can fit it in a 125B.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bamslam69

My latest build, a Colorsound Phase-X.
Pedal brilliantly decorated by my wife.

Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

Phend

Just finished this Phase 45, modified version.
Thanks GGG for the circuit and all others who worked on it.
Laser cut / etched wood box and battery clip. (Bread box style)
It is kind of crude.
But it works great.
Measured all components, doubled checked and at first it didn't do any phasing.
Luckily both of the two pots use only two connections (made for easy measuring).
Measured resistance and found I swapped them when assembling the box.
(Why don't pots have their values written on the back?) (Tip of the day, sharpie) 
Was an easy fix.  Phased.
Blue and Yellow boards.
Like it, glad I made it, kind of easy build, up a notch for me, nice addition to my collection.
Thanks Mark H for mentioning changing the 1M resistor so it is adjustable. (Previous topic)

• SUPPORTER+

Phend

• SUPPORTER+

Phend

Take 2. Turn off your phones and keep the tomatoes to yourself.

• SUPPORTER+

booj

bean

Here's a group I just finished up. I tried some new finishing techniques and one very old one (waterslide decal). The two on the far left were done with a "No Film" transfer method. I had a bit of a problem with getting good adhesion but they look okay from a few feet away, haha.

For the Retrograde I was out of options since this was the last 125B enclosure I had. So, I tried something new - I had some plain wood badges from a wood burning kit. I stained it with some leather dye then sanded it back. Then I applied a waterslide decal and topped it off with clear gloss. I think epoxy would have been better but I was out of it, too. It's kinda neat looking but also very lo-fi DIY.

alixxx

Hello!
My next "craft" is an overdrive tube pedal. The schematics of the sound circuit is based on the Marshall JCM800.
Anode voltage pulse converter. Nothing special :)

alixxx

Now a few of my products, made earlier, but which have not yet been published here.
1. Hairy box preamp/overdrive pedal. Emulation of a tube preamp (from Friedman Small Box amp) made with op-amps. It can work in two modes: both preamp and overdrive pedal. Two channels. Low gain channel and high gain channel. The sound range is from clean to high gain. A trim resistor inside the pedal allows you to adjust the mid-frequency level in the "overdrive pedal" mode.

alixxx

2. Two-channel JFET preamp. Clean channel - Fender Twin JFET emulation, Overdrive channel - Marshall Super Lead Plexi JFET emulation (normal and high treble channels are connected in parallel). There is a "preamp/overdrive pedal" switch. There is also a built-in simple analog cabsim. Old school rock-machine! :)

Elijah-Baley

It's fantastic.
Did you draw the two preamp schematic by yourself or just used some we can find in the web o in this forum?

I thought about the Fender Twin JFET emulation several time, I have some schematics, but I'm not sure if those are good and clean enough. Did you use common transistor?
Thanks!
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

alixxx

Thank you!
Yes, the diagrams are drawn by me, but these diagrams are based on the developments of one talented engineer from the guitar-gear.ru forum. I usually change the circuitry a little to personal preference. The Fender Twin emulation uses MMBF 5457, MMBF J201 transistors selected for cutoff voltage.
By the way, the Twin emulation is not "accurate" enough, but very close to the reference.
If you are interested in the details, I can leave a link to the relevant topics.

Elijah-Baley

Well, if that's ok for you I'd like to know something more about your pedal.
Just to learn something more about schematics. Since prices risen up I built almost nothing, sadly. :(

Thank you very much. :)
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

alixxx

OK.
Contact me.

3. This project was developed with the aim of creating a compact (in pedal format) universal device that combines a pre-amplifier Marshall JСM 800 style sound, a simple analogue guitar cabinet simulator (cabsim) and a low-power amplifier that can be connected as to a sound card with subsequent software processing, and to real guitar cabinet, or in a "non-guitar" speaker system or headphones.
The preamp is made on JFETs and emulates the sound of the Marshall JСM 800.
The preamp has a standard set of controls for most guitar preamps: GAIN - gain, overdrive level, VOLUME - volume, and a three-band tonestack (BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE). There is also a BRIGHT switch, the inclusion of which adds "brightness" to the sound. The preamp works in two gain modes switched by the foot button: LO - low gain mode, and HI - high gain mode, as well as the JCM 800 amplifier, which has two corresponding inputs. The use of two modes allows you to significantly expand the range of gain control from clear sound to a recognizable Marshall-style middle gain.
The cabinet simulator is made according to a simple scheme on the OP1 operational amplifier and has an amplitude-frequency response close to the frequency response of a 1960 Marshall guitar cabinet.
The power amplifier is made on a TBA820M chip and has an output power of about 1 W. The level of the signal supplied to the power amplifier is regulated by a trimming resistor R37 located on the printed circuit board of the device from the installation side and is designed to set the needed volume level.
In LO-gain mode, the device is quite "friendly" with external overdrive or distortion pedals connected to the input.

Elijah-Baley

It's really fine this, too. :)

Chillums

Really nice work man!!  Impressive for sure!  Does it sound as good as it looks?