Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

Quote from: free electron on November 06, 2005, 07:17:05 AM
mat:
Thanks!:)
The theme I played is a part of song wrote by a Swedish folk band Hedningarna. The signal chain was: guitar (2xhumb)->FireStarter->DIY  one channel tube amp (only clean;ECC83+ECL86)->1x12" closed cabinet (G12H100 Speaker)-> Shure SM57->DIY MicPre(INA163)->SBLive! Aux In. Two spread in pan tracks, added a touch of reverb.
Regards, P.

Very nice sound indeed. The melody was very nice kind of familiar, maybe because i'm living on the other side of the gulf  :icon_biggrin:
Any chance to know what kind of circuit we are talking about  :icon_razz:

cheers,
mat

Eric H

Quote from: mat on November 06, 2005, 03:00:41 PM
Quote from: free electron on November 06, 2005, 07:17:05 AM
mat:
Thanks!:)
The theme I played is a part of song wrote by a Swedish folk band Hedningarna. The signal chain was: guitar (2xhumb)->FireStarter->DIY  one channel tube amp (only clean;ECC83+ECL86)->1x12" closed cabinet (G12H100 Speaker)-> Shure SM57->DIY MicPre(INA163)->SBLive! Aux In. Two spread in pan tracks, added a touch of reverb.
Regards, P.

Very nice sound indeed. The melody was very nice kind of familiar, maybe because i'm living on the other side of the gulf  :icon_biggrin:

cheers,
mat
That was a great, and original clip.
The pedal sounds great

-Eric
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

free electron

cheers,
mat

I'm a huge fan of scandinavian folk music :)
The FireStarter is basically a play with Fets + Mosfets, nothing revolutionary, 4 stages, the rest lays in the details, proper gain setting, tone correction in each stage, buffering etc. There are more sound samples at my site.
Eric: Thank You :)
Regards, Piotr

soggybag

Here is an Ugly Face I just completed.

I made two. Here is the second one waiting to go in it's box. I mounted all the parts except for the pots to a single PCB, and put everything in one Steve Daniels Taiwanese B sized boxes.

vanhansen

Cool, a Furby Fuzz .....  :D :D :D
Erik

Mark Hammer

It's a Tribble....but with knobs!!

mat

Quote from: free electron on November 06, 2005, 05:49:47 PM
cheers,
mat

I'm a huge fan of scandinavian folk music :)
The FireStarter is basically a play with Fets + Mosfets, nothing revolutionary, 4 stages, the rest lays in the details, proper gain setting, tone correction in each stage, buffering etc. There are more sound samples at my site.
Eric: Thank You :)
Regards, Piotr

Hi Piotr,

Ok, it is Your own design, got it now  :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:

The single string phrasing was very nice on Your site. I'm not so much into the heavy metal myself so I can not say much of the power chord samples. The pedal has very much tone like the Banzai Fireball2 I owned earlier... sold it when I discovered the diy-pedals  ;D

You have great boxes on Your site. Have to dig deeper for them... :icon_cool:

mat

emilyandmiles

Here's my rehoused, modded Rat, eagerly waiting a bicolour LED for above the right footswitch, and a paintjob...

chaddhamilton

Here's a couple ones I've made.  The first is a shin-ei fuzz housed in a wood cigar box. The pedal stores inside the box for travel.  The 2nd is a Grace Overdrive housed in a wood enclosure coated with chrome spraypaint. It still needs a few coats of clearcoat to get the decals translucent.

Chadd
Rock on.

Phorhas

Cool box... very "mousy"
Electron Pusher

free electron

Here's my new one: dual VCF, based on SSM2164 quad VCA chip, envelope follower/LFO controllable. It has onboard +/-12V power supply, side chain loop before envelope follower, dry signal mix and master output level knob. Each filter can be set to LP/BP/HP, filter B can go full OFF for single filter sounds, setting the filters in opposite directions gives nice "talk" sound:) Sound sample

Regards,
Piotr

GVC

Quote from: bluesdevil on August 23, 2005, 08:13:39 PM

Some of the better looking boxes I've done. Really need to get some detailed  photos taken of a few of 'em to post..... my camera really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!  The super modded Tycocbrahe looks a lot better in person. You can't really make out the drawing of Tycho himself pointing to the superbright white "super nova" led. The "devil" pedal has 3mm red LED eyes. The swirl paint jobs on the other 2 pedals came from the instructions here:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/swirled.htm
  I have to thank all the contributors on this forum because I would not have had the confidence to do any of this if I wasn't so inspired by your own successful efforts.

I tried the swirl thing and it works great (highly recommend it) if you want original boxes.  They are like snowflakes you will never get the same pattern.

cmat

Hey heavener I really like the car enclosure.  Is it a pedal or did you just put a 3pdt where the blower should be for the pedal heads like us.  Also I would like to see some of the ugliest pedals out there.  I built a SD-9 the other day with the intentions of making it super ugly (in and out) ;D 3 diffrent knobs and sharpie instructions!  There are some gorgeous pedals on here.  You guys are super talented.  I would like to send a big thank you to people like JD at GGG and the other guys that build boards for us

Paul Marossy

There's some pretty cool stuff in this thread. Nice work on the amp, Mr. Hensel.  :icon_cool:

gez

Quote from: Mark Hammer on November 07, 2005, 02:56:52 PM
It's a Tribble....but with knobs!!

Ah, the male of the species!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Processaurus

Awsome pictures, everyone.  Chadd, the wood pedals are great, I wish we could get metal enclosures that shape.

These pictures were posted in another thread that gives descriptions of them.  Since then I sold em all, gotta make s'more...
I told Tim Escobedo I'd buy him a burrito for using his design, but he never wrote me back :-[
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=35257.0

Deluxe EA trem with a custom circuit to pan between 2 of the funky phase shift LFOs, plus it does panning in stereo.  Yay!

Triple Fuzz with red LEDs for clipping instead of Si.  Notes articulate better.  Worth trying!

Poor man's Purple platypus

Too much stuff

Poor mans Bi-comprosser

wampcat1

seeing all the amp pics makes me want to try my hand at building some amps...for you guys that have done both, how similar is it to building effects?

Thanks,
Brian

jrem

if you're speaking of tube amps, then it's 400+vdc vs 9vdc . . .      the former can kill . . . 

wampcat1

Quote from: jrem on November 11, 2005, 09:39:06 PM
if you're speaking of tube amps, then it's 400+vdc vs 9vdc . . .      the former can kill . . . 

:icon_mrgreen: I should've clarified myself... I meant as far as tweaking circuits and such -- you can't really breadboard a 400 v circuit, correct? I'm really getting the itch...

Thanks,
Brian

Paul Marossy

Wow, Processaurus, that's a good job of packing all that stuff in the Purple Platypus!