News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herr Masel

Quote from: CS Jones on December 19, 2005, 03:13:42 PM
This is a desperation post - after 2 long months of failure.

3 failed effects (2 ring mods and my shot at a "leslie") and a blown out 50 watt amp PS.

I have to post at least one thing which worked.

Don't lose hope, that amp is no small feat! it looks excellent. I hope that when I build one it looks half as decent (and works, haha).

Paul Marossy

I like that hand painted lettering, too. It looks pretty cool!  :icon_cool:

Xlrator

I was truley inspired after seeing Luhny's box in this thread. http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=40095.0

So I tried it on my BSIAB2 that I just finished. I didn't sand the box first and the paint was dry for only a few hours. The 120 grit paper made nice chips and gaps showing bare aluminum. There's 2 more boxes I have to do, one with red base and black topcoat and one with a yellow basecoat and blue topcoat. We'll see.

So this is the official gallery post??????

Listen to cKy!

jpm83

Luhny

Quote from: Xlrator on December 21, 2005, 03:50:11 PM
I was truley inspired after seeing Luhny's box in this thread.

You will be hearing from my lawyer shortly...

J/K  ;) Looks awesome, I like how you took it a step further and wore down a few random areas. I also like the color combination. Awesome job.

Dave_B

New from Behringer in 2006!
Help build our Wiki!

AL

hhelland,

That is one sweet looking build. What did you use to stand the board up like that? I've been wanting to do that lately but am not sure what to use. It's a great space saver. Thanks

AL

hhelland

Quote from: AL on December 22, 2005, 10:07:08 AM
hhelland,

That is one sweet looking build. What did you use to stand the board up like that? I've been wanting to do that lately but am not sure what to use. It's a great space saver. Thanks

AL

Thanks.

The board is only attached to the pots. It's so small and light that I think the solder joints will hold it nicely.
Perhaps these photos will help?

I've got some more stuff finished, but I haven't bothered to upload photos of it yet....  :icon_rolleyes:

regards

Processaurus

From a recent thread, its a tricked out Ross compressor... It has Hammer mods, and an original wet/dry mixer and a jack to replace the dry signal with "something else".
http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=40292.0
Graphics are roadsign sticker material, cut out with scissors.  If they're good enough for Cal Trans, they're good enough to get stepped on.

The photo looks funny because it was done with a scanner.

Nice finish on that, Xlrator, it reminds me of Resident Evil and zombie movies.

peperoni

Here's my first pedal.. a simple True Bypass Loop:

Branimir

DIY Orange/Matamp clone in a old JMP housing, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, Volume, no MV, no FAC and no concertina PI (LTP instead), into 2xEL34 (box is 2x12" v30s, size of a 4x10"). Oh yeah, the output transformer is beefed.

+ modded DS2, and waiting for housing Big Muff, Easyvibe, Son of Screamer, Fet Muff...
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

Big Red

I have a request :D
if anybody has a phase 45 on stripboard/vero boxed up I'd love to see the inside. I'm in my research, soon to be ordering stage (hopefully)

Xlrator

Quote from: Luhny on December 22, 2005, 09:08:40 AM
Quote from: Xlrator on December 21, 2005, 03:50:11 PM
I was truley inspired after seeing Luhny's box in this thread.

You will be hearing from my lawyer shortly...

J/K  ;) Looks awesome, I like how you took it a step further and wore down a few random areas. I also like the color combination. Awesome job.

When I sprayed it and made the labels, I was expecting a fire-like color combination. But it looks more like rotted wood in person. That is definately a good idea of yours. I tried a couple different colors and types of paint and each came out different!
Listen to cKy!

Joecool85

From left to right:
Danelectro Black Coffee Metal, Woodstock Fuzz (My second build), Joecool Volume (My first build)

A battery-powered power supply

Little Gem Amp

Pot Cab for Little Gem Amp (connects via 1/8 connector)

Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

Dan N

Here's a gristlizer I made and sold on ebay. Hee hee, $41. Good thing I love building...

The case was from Goodwill.

jrc4558

Quote from: peperoni on January 02, 2006, 06:48:14 PM
Here's my first pedal.. a simple True Bypass Loop:

As girlish as it may sound, I'm totally cuted oiut by the bee. :)
Very good finish!
I envy all you people! :) In a good way.

RDV

My most ambitious DIY project yet!!

It's Alivvveee!!!! bwa ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDV

chokeyou

ive got a headache right now and that just makes it worse, RDV

where can i learn more about the gristlizer?

nelson

1977 opamp big muff.

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

jmp72

my latest pedal!   :icon_biggrin:
a GGG Stratoblaster with Mute/Tuner Out

inside   :icon_cool: