News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkseid

Ah..... I love looking at everyones creations :)   

Here is another one of mine.   The mini mixer from GGG, built out of spare parts.

chaddhamilton

I've been goofing around with some things.  Here's a moded English Channel and Little Gem Amp sim combo creation.  I wired it so both circuts can be used independently or together. Housed it a metal storage box somone was throwing out on trash day ;) 

And this thing was an Oster Hand Massager that I found in a thrift store. The minute I saw it I knew it would make a cool housing for a one knob fuzz effect(or a cool sci-fi pistol receiver).  It was tight and so the battery is in the base).  A bit impractical, but it's got 'tude. 

Rock on.

petemoore

Very Therapudic to look on... 8)
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

phostenix

The "Tone Massager"?

Looks like it could double as a weapon, if need be.

Nice work!

Grace and peace,

Steve
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

King Solomon

Herr Masel

Wow, that fuzz looks good, but heavy. Looks like it would of been a pain to drill as well.

chaddhamilton

"Tone Massager" - Like it!

Well, it wasn't as hard to drill as I thought. I started each hole with a 1/8" pilot, then worked up.  It was pretty soft steel.   
Rock on.

Nikolay

Here is my sans amp :)

BDuguay

Are you kidding me? :icon_mrgreen:
That is awesome!
B.

phostenix

A thing of beauty!

I commend you on not using the ol' Hammond/Bud box. That looks great.

Grace and peace,

Steve
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

King Solomon

mojotron

Quote from: Nikolay on January 27, 2006, 02:19:49 PM

Those are great enclosures, where did you get them?

Or how did you make them?

Thanks  :)

superjoe

rangemaster

insides...had to use 50v caps, thats why theyre huge

my workspace...bob dylan cassette tape is a must have for pedal building.

Nikolay

Quote from: mojotron on January 27, 2006, 11:35:20 PM
Quote from: Nikolay on January 27, 2006, 02:19:49 PM

Those are great enclosures, where did you get them?

Or how did you make them?

Thanks  :)

mojotron, I use lazer cut to make this box after that one company bend my box, another make it color and another make the titles using screen painting.

Actually I make only autocad plans and plans for the titles for this box, and 4 companies make tha box so beautifull ;)

440hz

I have only just started messing with my own guitar effects etc. In the first pic is my TS-9 that
I have done the TS-808 mods to. A scrambler in unpainted enclosure and two ROG Ruby amps.

The Scrambler was my first effects build (last week) and I used Dragonfly's veroboard layout,
I will decorate the enclosure soon. The fisherman's friend tin contains a ROG Ruby amp that
is used for playing straight into headphones.

This ugly black plastic box contains another ROG Ruby and a small speaker,
this is a great little amp for the back porch on a lazy Sunday.

My latest build. Modified tube pre-amp kit (from Jaycar Australia). Will be
housing this in a large stomp box, I have modded to give adjustable gain settings,
from clean to very overdriven and has a volume control for output level.

hhelland

My pedal single-channel What compressor. Ugly but works very well.

MartyB

Counterclockwise starting top left : 1)  Maestro FZ-1a clone.  I used a cheap vertical-type A/B switchbox for the housing. I cut the metal with tin snips, bent it using creative garage magic, tapped threads for screws, etc.  It isn't an exact copy of the original.  For example both jacks are up front.  2) FZ-1a battery compartment 3) FZ-1a guts if I want to playwith transistors 4) Harmonic Percolator guts.  Note I settled on those somewhat older mushroom-style transistors 5) Harmonic Percolator decal.

nofretsplz

This is a 3 effect unit I made last year...(left to right) EA Trem, Great Cheddar, and AMZ Mini Boost. This combination works great at places that tell you to leave your amp at home. Cascade the three together, and you get an awesome synth sound.

Just used the mini boost tonight as a bass preamp. Judging by the sound person's reaction (and the blast my first note created), I think a 12:00 setting is about equal to a line level signal! Just may incorporate that into a Flipster this spring...mooohahahahah!!!

BTW, that's all "real" Klingon there. The big title says Disruptor Rifle. Other bits say "die", etc. I work at a sheet metal shop, so I laser cut a plate with the letters as holes, screwed the plate to the Hammond box, then filled the holes in with gasket stuff.

Steben

Hey, MartyB, I luv your FZ1 box! I get struck every time I see a sloped style box. I have one in alu a bit less sloped, but haven't got anything to put in yet. Maybe my BSIABII...
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

AzzR

Quote from: Eric H on October 23, 2005, 08:07:46 PM
Quote from: BDuguay on October 23, 2005, 11:09:22 AM
Here's a couple of Easy Vibes. The second one was for a friend who ran a recording studio. I made it really simple with no status light and only to be powered by an adaptor.
Enjoy.
B
http://photobucket.com/albums/b77/zeta55/Brian/

They look great. They used to sell those chrome knobs at Radio Shack a --long-- time ago. I used two on the guitar I finished last year:

Holy Shyt I Love This Guitar. It looks a little like a parker and the way the grain runs in the wood it is unbelievable. Great Work. You should consider doing somthing with that design becuase if that design was avaliable to buy i would consider it (depending on how big the hole in my pocket is at the time)

Congratulations on an awesome design

Dream
A Broken Clock Is Right Twice A Day

no one ever

ds-1. sold it with the drill guidelines still intact  ;D
(chk chk chk)

WildMountain

My EHX Bassballs clone. I named it after the Red Hot Chili Peppers song. If cloning is a crime, then this is a funky crime ;D

Blue Magic and AMZ Mini Booster, unfortunately, the edges of the decals show a little too much :(