News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larseko

My Nurse Quacky. For some reason I put the range pot on the outside, but I think I will mod it so I somehow can adjust release time instead. I think that will make the pedal even more useful.

Full photoalbum here: http://www.restless.no/Members/larseko/photo_album.2006-02-12.5977192008/nurse%20quacky/photoalbum_view

scotsman

My first 100% DIY project..  BSIAB

pi22seven

I <3 this thread!

Keep the pics coming!

JimRayden

Heck, I even >3 this thread! Most propably more than six this thread.

---------
Jimbo

$uperpuma

tremulus lune

Dist +

I really should learn how to put designs on these things...

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Pushtone

Hey $superpuma - very nice work. Hows your Dist+ sound? Mine is a little harsh. Going to try clipping LEDs.

Anyhoo...
I wanted to know what are those little holes next to your pots in the second pic? Are they for the little tabs that stick up and are meant to keep the pots from rotating (the pots, not the shafts).
I'm sure your knobs will cover them up but most of us here snip that tab off before mounting. Less drilling too!

Sorry to nit-pick. There's probably a good reason you drilled them out.

Pushtone

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Also Wik

Top: TS-808 in an old watch box, Bottom: Bazz Fuss in Taiwan B equiv.

Insides:

First two builds that work (out of 4). And yes, the Bazz FFuss control and switch are off center by about 1/16in, and yes the TS-808 is slightly %^&*eyed as well.  :(

smnm

Quote from: Sam on March 11, 2006, 11:56:11 AM
I've been thinking of utilizing my iSight to show of some pedals but I felt rather silly holding up pedals to a screen mounted camera. You are the braver. I'm interested in that "FUZ!" thing. Are you willing to share details in the inner workings of it?

Sam -
This thread dropped off the page so I missed yr question.
[I did feel silly but it was a quick way of getting a pic up]
No mystery with the FUZ! - it's a Experimentalists Anon Parallel Universe, on stripboard using the Dragonfly layout - I didn't like the name much and it's too long fit in the space too. I'd be too embarrassed to show the insides anyways as my soldering and wiring are a mess. I can't really do 'neat', but close the back up and you'd never know, it works just the same.
S

Dave_B

QuoteAnd yes, the Bazz FFuss control and switch are off center by about 1/16in, and yes the TS-808 is slightly %^&*eyed as well.
Are you center-punching before you drill?  That helps a lot.
Help build our Wiki!

Also Wik

I centerpunched, yes. If you notice both the switch and the pot on the bazz fuss are off center by the exact same amount. This is mainly due to the fact that I was using a ruddy template drawn by hand, and i failed to tape it on straight/securely/whatever. Its not too easy to notice without knowing first, and its not %^&*eyed (everythings off by the same amount), so i'm happy. First time drilling metal too.

As for the Watchbox, its awefully hard to centerpunch padded vinyl :) I basically marked everything with a silver sharpie, cut away the padding and vinyl to about the size of the pots and switches, and eyeballed it from there. I even managed to eyeball some holes for the little knobby thing on the pot to keep them from spinning. I still love the enclosure. Makes it look like the interior of a sports car. Might use it for a lower-gain pedal tho - kinda hissy.

$uperpuma

Quote from: Pushtone on March 23, 2006, 03:04:33 PM
Hey $superpuma - very nice work. Hows your Dist+ sound? Mine is a little harsh. Going to try clipping LEDs.

Anyhoo...
I wanted to know what are those little holes next to your pots in the second pic? Are they for the little tabs that stick up and are meant to keep the pots from rotating (the pots, not the shafts).
I'm sure your knobs will cover them up but most of us here snip that tab off before mounting. Less drilling too!

Sorry to nit-pick. There's probably a good reason you drilled them out.

Pushtone

I made mine with Ge Diodes, its sounding pretty good.  I have a buzz I can't shake...  I guess I was just being thorough on the Tremulus... I like this pedal except the depth pot doesn't seem to do much...

I think my buddy is going to have me build a BSIAB2 next..that'll be fun. 
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

rockgardenlove

Powder coated box bought from http://kustompowder.net/

I really reccomend this guy.  Fast, and nice quality.  Only 12 bucks too!

benfox

Mine are ugly and that's the way i want them.
I don't have any camera so i scan them !!!!

First project a modified silicon fuzz (nasty !!)
(i have many pedals made with those tiny cigarette boxes)

A tremulus lune

and a lot of more they are not all there...my scanner is too small !!

the first one is a Vectine tribute my own design huge mound of gain and sustain......after there is a fuss (kind of sixties fuzz fuss) then a tape boost (second easy project i used as a booster) then a 4558 disto+  square wave fuzz with 2 stage of saturation ; ring mod is the pseudo ring modulator ring fuzz is a green ringer with a switch on the input cap to have fatter sound; the last one is an octave down schoctave.

Who is going to win the first place in ugly pedals....
Those cigarette boxes are really bullshit cause you can only open it from the upside....not easy when you want to put a lot into it...
They have the size of a cigarette pack not more............ :'(
Sorry for my bad english !!

theblueark

Wow this thread is going strong again!

Looper with tuner out and bypass all:

Another looper in the works:

Soon to be tremolo:

larseko

Oh, that black moo and the soon to be tremolos are awsome!  8)

alderbody

only the FD-II and the LINE6 are stock.

all others are DIY.

Dan N

Quote from: Pushtone on March 23, 2006, 03:04:33 PM

That extra little hole is actually nice for when you have to retighten the pot nut. No opening the box and holding the back of the pot so it doesn't spin on you. I find that the finish on fresh boxes kind of shrinks (or something) and after about a week and the pots all need to get snugged down again.

Dave_B

Quote from: alderbody on March 24, 2006, 04:39:27 AM
only the FD-II and the LINE6 are stock.
all others are DIY.
Alderbody, what kind of wah is that?  Did you paint the shell yourself.  Me likey!
Help build our Wiki!

Also Wik

Oh yeah, BTW, $uperpuma, you didn't happen to get those knobs at the Rat Shack did you? Look suspiciously like my Rat Shack knob that I put on my Bazz Fuss  :D

Wighty

Rockgardenlove i may have to check out those pre-coated boxes!

Also theblueark i really like your painted boxes - what paint did you use and did you use any base coating?

Keep the sweet pics coming!