News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

$uperpuma

I absolutely did :)   I am going to redo the board for that Dist plus... I etched an extra and my soldering is bad (the reason there is no pic of the board)

Alderbody, did you use water slide decals for your graphics? Seems to be the way to go and I obviously need to work on my graphic presentation :)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

smnm

... latest build, and another crap imac photobooth pic.

Dragonfly vero Fuzzrite, with 2 x 2N2222: "classic ripping fuzztone" is about right!
The enclosure is kind of small, but heavy, with really thick walls - hence eccentric pot and jack layout, and extra tiny dpdt too.
I'm a big fan of the Ventures, but the name is from the Stooges 1st LP, not Nokie Edwards.

6079smith

well, why not. everyone else seems to be doing it.

long live recycling.

andrew.

Also Wik

. . . Is that a hot plate???

$uperpuma

Also Wik

I think I'm going to try and keep most of my small DIY pedals pretty Sanford & Son. I already have plans to put both a Ruby and an Easy Drive in Altoids tins. Or Dragon Mints tins... or...  :D

theblueark

Quote from: Wighty on March 24, 2006, 04:57:34 PM
Also theblueark i really like your painted boxes - what paint did you use and did you use any base coating?

BlackMoo was done with a non etching primer  :icon_cry: some portions chipped a little almost right away.
I base coated white with Nippon Pylox spraypaint which gave a nice rough matt texture. My friend then draws and paints on it with permanent markers and acrylic paint. Then I clearcoated with clear Nippon Pylox spraypaint. This makes it nice and shiny but unfortunately not too strong.

The other 2 also no proper primer. The method was the same but I clearcoated with Krylon clear instead which was a lot stronger.

I'll be getting a proper primer next week. I know it's really stupid to do those without the primer but I wanted to experiment everything and find out what exactly is the issue with primer/no primer, types of paint, thickness, number of coats, how strong the clears are... etc.

Will post more when I do them up  ;D

beatstrat

My first build - Jack's Mini Booster (sorry, I couldn't make the pic show up): http://photobucket.com/albums/v647/gtrwrks/?action=view&current=PICT0237.jpg

Thanks to all here for the help/ideas with this - this is my first post, but I've been lurking and learning (hopefully) for about a yr now.

bancika

Here are my first builds

this is little gem mk2. in case you don't understand what it says, it's micro amp (I forgot there's pedal with that name, never mind) and when it's on those letters glow blue. graphics are cut with laser.

a view inside

here's rebote and nurse quacky

And here's my first build of all, Firefly tube amp

Cheers
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Pushtone

Hi to bancika

You and I were building FF amps at the same time back in Dec, Jan over at ax84.com.
Its great to see some of your stompboxes here. Your work is great!  :icon_biggrin:
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

bancika

Thanks Pushtone, how did your Firefly turn out soundwise. I like mine, great tone at reasonably low volumes
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Pushtone

My FF sounds a little dark / muddy by itself.  Using a dist pedal helps 120%.

I build the AMZ Mini-booster and it works great with the FF. Brings out the high end.
I also finished the GGG Fat Boostered and it also makes the FF sound fantastic. More flexible than the MB.
I'm using the FF with a Behringer 4x12. Its a stereo cab so the FF is driving 2 of the 12" speakers. My Vox AD30VT drives the other two speakers. Thinking of building the Octal Fattness next but have a lot of pedals on the bench now.

Cheers.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

barret77

Here are my winter builds:

From the top left, a Professor Tweed - with fabric cover; a amp-top (no stomp) rangemaster, a 60's fuzz, a java boost (the one that you have to step on clapton balls to engage, a microamp, a Fenderish Peppermill, and a cookie tin phase 45, vibed.

The 60's fuzz is a homage to Axis Bold as Love:

That's printed, glued and lacquered artwork.

The The Java Boost and Peppermill have radioshack enclosures. They're pretty good! The other ones were bought in an electronics store in Brazil.

I would show the guts, but they're not pretty and I'm out of batteries...

chuckschuldiner

;D

MY FIRST PEDALs.............

Also Wik

I like that multi-box, Chuck.

What tube amp is that?

pi22seven

$uperpuma

good looking top graphic, how did you accomplish that? I like that colour.

tubes

BigD

A fuzzface clone from BYOC

and a minilooper/bypass

alderbody

QuoteAlderbody, what kind of wah is that?  Did you paint the shell yourself.  Me likey!

The wah is a Vox clone with two (DPDT selectable) inductors, mid and resonance control.

The pedal comes from a Rotovibe, which now lives in the "pseudo-vibe" box. (white "refrigerator style" enclosure...)

I didn't paint it myself, but i drilled a few more holes in it....  ;)