News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pi22seven

Quote from: $uperpuma on March 26, 2006, 10:32:46 PM
good looking top graphic, how did you accomplish that? I like that colour.

Dark t shirt transfer. I stole the color from a road side billboard.

zeta55

Here's my latest one. It's a tremolo/boost pedal.

Edit:soundfiles
Click here to watch MaxdepthFast_Tremler
Click here to watch MaxDepthSlow_Tremler

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

H.Manback

Very nice, is that a fan on the back or is it part of a transformer?

Edit: Guess it isn't a transformer since there's a 12V supply next to it :)

zeta55

Quote from: H.Manback on March 28, 2006, 06:30:13 AM
Very nice, is that a fan on the back or is it part of a transformer?

Edit: Guess it isn't a transformer since there's a 12V supply next to it :)
That's right, there's no conventional transformer in it. For now there's two 6021 tubes. I'm still tuning the circuit.

/Krister

WildMountain

Nice box, where did you get that one? Or did you make it yourself (sheet metal?)?

theblueark

Since the tubes are on the outside do you still need the fan to ventilate the inside?

Hal

Quote from: theblueark on March 29, 2006, 07:35:12 PM
Since the tubes are on the outside do you still need the fan to ventilate the inside?

no.  Might not even need one with one preamp tube in it.  Its a transformer.

pi22seven

Quote from: WildMountain on March 29, 2006, 04:42:27 PM
Nice box, where did you get that one? Or did you make it yourself (sheet metal?)?

Found these the other day. Look like the EHX tube pedals.

theblueark

Quote from: zeta55 on March 28, 2006, 07:57:33 AM
That's right, there's no conventional transformer in it. For now there's two 6021 tubes. I'm still tuning the circuit.

Quote from: Hal on March 29, 2006, 09:00:10 PM

Erm I got lost there somewhere. So is it a transformer or is it not? And if it's not then is it a fan and why would you need a fan with the tubes on the outside? And if it's not a transformer or a fan then what is it?

zeta55

Quote from: pi22seven on March 29, 2006, 09:20:09 PM
Quote from: WildMountain on March 29, 2006, 04:42:27 PM

Found these the other day. Look like the EHX tube pedals.

I've used sheet metal 1,5mm alu.

Quote from: theblueark on March 29, 2006, 10:54:59 PM
Quote from: zeta55 on March 28, 2006, 07:57:33 AM

Quote from: Hal on March 29, 2006, 09:00:10 PM

Erm I got lost there somewhere. So is it a transformer or is it not? And if it's not then is it a fan and why would you need a fan with the tubes on the outside? And if it's not a transformer or a fan then what is it?
Well, since I feed it with 12VDC there's no transformer in it. It is possible to get the voltages where you want it in other ways, and it causes some heat witch is ventilated by the fan. One tube is used for the tremolo oscilation, the other one is modulated by the osc tube. I used the fender vibrochamps tremolo circuit as design.

/Krister

Zero

Haven't been around here for a while...

I can't resist - I have to add some pictures of the stompboxes I've built to this mile-long thread:

The first stompbox (in a decent enclosure) I ever built - a Dr. Quack clone:

The next one has a very cheap enclosure: I found an old hard disk lying around on the junk pile..  So old that the enclosure was still big enough :D
I named it the "Dual Squeezer". It was inspired by Analogman's BiComprossor (contains both an Orange Squeezer and a Ross Compressor clone) with the added possibility that they can be switched in paralell or in series. And I took the liberty of keeping the HDD circuit board just for fun  ;D

Then I built a MXR Phase90 clone a Zombie Chorus (With Tomboy's PCB layout and help). btw, the crackle finish was an accident  ;)

Aron's "Rocket" was the first effect I ever built. Recently I put it into a box worthy of it. The other one is a Pulsar Tremolo hand painted by my mother.

Well, the next ones are kinda off-topic, but this is my beloved D-Zaster, a Tele-style Guitar with a P-90 in the neck position. I'm currencly building a  Fender-style Tube Amp

Hope you like my lil' monsters! (And sorry about the lengthy post)

Processaurus

Quote from: Zero on March 30, 2006, 06:04:35 AM
I named it the "Dual Squeezer". It was inspired by Analogman's BiComprossor (contains both an Orange Squeezer and a Ross Compressor clone) with the added possibility that they can be switched in paralell or in series.

Cool! Thats new, how do the two compressers in parallel work? are the inputs and outputs just tied together, or is there a mixing stage, or a couple resistors to passively mix their outputs?  Are there phasing issues (because the ross flips the phase 180 degrees, I didn't know if the OS does too)?  How does it sound?

I love the circuitry on the bottom, I didn't know there where that many parts in a ross compressor :icon_biggrin:

Ben N

Quote from: zeta55 on March 30, 2006, 12:25:09 AM
I've used sheet metal 1,5mm alu.
/Krister
I love the roll bar--how'd you do it?
Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Zero

Quote from: Processaurus on March 30, 2006, 07:13:19 AM
Cool! Thats new, how do the two compressers in parallel work? are the inputs and outputs just tied together, or is there a mixing stage, or a couple resistors to passively mix their outputs?  Are there phasing issues (because the ross flips the phase 180 degrees, I didn't know if the OS does too)?  How does it sound?

I basically connected the outputs from both effects to a 4PDT toggle switch. So the individual volume is controlled by the level pots from each compressor..

I really didn't think about phasing back then when I built it.. I just thought it would be interesting  ;)
To be honest, I haven't been using the box in parallel mode too often. But the sound palette is quite extensive.. A lot of fun to play with :)
I don't think I remember noticing phasing explicitly.. but it could very well be. I have the pedal in my band's rehearsal basement - I'll tinker with it tomorrow during rehearsal and I'll listen closely.

I'll keep you posted

chuckschuldiner

;D

My TUBE DRIVER....

JimRayden

Zero, I love the accidental "Zombie" skin on your Zombie. Oftentimes, accidents are quite useful. Especially when it's related to finishing stompboxes.

Oh boy and do I love the harddrive, looks very sci-fi! :)

-----------
Jimbo

mojotron

Quote from: JimRayden on March 30, 2006, 10:44:33 AM
Zero, I love the accidental "Zombie" skin on your Zombie. Oftentimes, accidents are quite useful. Especially when it's related to finishing stompboxes.

Oh boy and do I love the harddrive, looks very sci-fi! :)

Zero - I agree with Jim - thanks for sharing those photos - I have a whole bunch of old harddrives: Soon to be my next set of victims/enclosures!!  Excellent idea!! 8)

Also, the crackle finish... I had an accident like that too - thought it was the coolest thing I had painted. Then, I clear-coated it and the last clear coat sort of melted the finish and I pulled out the acetone and started over  :-[

JimRayden

Oh and I forgot to mention I get all excited when I see guitars like your green beauty right there. I've always had the hots for P90's and I adore green tellys. By the way, doesn't the bridge cover, despite its sexy looks, disturb when you do palm muting? Looks impossible to me...

-----------
Jimbo

g.

Hi, here's some more

a stereo muff fuzz

2 x EF86 / 12AU7 preamp

stereo fuzz face

and a 12AX7 preamp

g.

JimRayden

Quote from: g. on March 30, 2006, 02:06:43 PM
Hi, here's some more

a stereo muff fuzz

Okay, This is one of the best in this thread. :) Or at least one of the whackiest.

------------
Jimbo