Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markm

That is GREAT!!!
Ha ha ha ha :icon_lol:
I love it!!!

bancika

Pushtone, it's really, really beautifull A++++ :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

lchyi

I love that booster pushtone, very nice work. Give my props to the girl who did the artwork too, that's some cool stuff, which I could draw like that.

skiraly017

Pushtone, how did you do the graphics? Airbrush, decal, iron-on transfer? Enquiring minds what to know!

:icon_mrgreen:
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Pushtone

Thanks all. After doing this project I have huge respect for anyone who can pull off a (real) multi-effect.
dano12 - I'm looking in your direction  :icon_cool:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=44112.0

Quote from: skiraly017 on June 01, 2006, 01:42:46 PM
Pushtone, how did you do the graphics? Airbrush, decal, iron-on transfer? Enquiring minds what to know!

Clear Window decal "paper" with white painted box. The decal worked great before the holes were drilled. I used a mini squeegee (sp??). But with the holes air bubbles were a big problem. Seemed like the holes were letting in air as I squeegeed it out. You can see many bubbles in the pic.  IMO water slide decals are better but this one suited my needs because its removable and the box is destine to be something else in the future.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

jmp72

Hi! I re-used the box of my stratoblaster because I built another one in a smaller box! This one is an opamp (opa227) booster with a bipolar regulated internal power supply. When I turn off the pot or I bypass it with "Boost" switch, it act as a buffer. :icon_smile:

JJ

G'day,

This is My first project I have made without a kit  (other one was a BYOC delay)

Its a Griton pcb from tonepad with the fat boost - Internal not as neat as I wold like but i guess that comes with practice.

Tried to use white background decals printed, the edges show up a little more in the picture.

anyway couldn't have done it without a lot of reading on this forum - cheers guys!

Connoisseur of Distortion

that's actually a gorgeous box, JJ. nicely done!

also... that booster...  ;D

just  ;D

Noplasticrobots

My first "real" stompbox. All my others had been mounted into plastic Rat Shack enclosures. What a difference aluminum makes.

Original topic where I posted these:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=46013.0
I love the smell of solder in the morning.

Yun

Here's what i call the "Smoke in the face".  i'm a chain smoker (unfortunateley); so i put my cancerous poisons to good use. 

I usually roll my own, but when it comes to factory cigs: lucky-strikes , i've gotta have 'em.  besides "it's toasted" hahahaha. 

I cut out the lucky strike symbol, and glued it to the enclosure.  i also cut out letters from the lucky strike pack(s) that says "the Yun Special" . 

It's bassically a hot-rodded fuzz face; re-biased with:

-MPS silicon transistors (NPN)
-Compression control
-Smooth switch
-fuzz control

"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

BLT

jrem

awesome case, is that explosion proof?

KORGULL

What's that strange looking speaker enclosure on the right?

$uperpuma

is that a water bottle and fiberglass?
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

BLT

Quote from: $uperpuma on June 11, 2006, 08:12:07 PM
is that a water bottle and fiberglass?
Quote from: KORGULL on June 11, 2006, 07:51:35 PM
What's that strange looking speaker enclosure on the right?

It's a 5 gal  water bottle with some speakers from a defunct 2.1 computer setup.  Here is a better pic:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8972/watercab5zu.jpg

Quote from: jrem on June 11, 2006, 07:42:44 PM
awesome case, is that explosion proof?
Yes, it is explosion proof.  I don't even know what it is, I just wish I could find another one.

syndromet

My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

rockgardenlove

dano12

A couple of runoffgroove.com builds from OL Circuits kits:

BLT

Quote from: rockgardenlove on June 12, 2006, 05:38:11 AM
Quote from: BLT on June 11, 2006, 06:56:05 PM
Here is my little gem with built in NPN boost:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8204/littlegem4ob.jpg
Is that a two string bass? :o

It was an Epiphone P-bass copy (my first bass) in a past life, now I prefer to call it The Duo-Sonic Low-Frequency Modulator.  Strings are tuned an octave apart with real high action, and I usually play it with a slide.

rockgardenlove

Wow!  Sounds, uh, interesting.