News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperGeo

Quote from: Morocotopo on August 24, 2006, 01:27:16 PM
Cheap plastic 2P2T switch, millenium 2 for the led.

very nice! how did u make the knob for the switch? It's a behringer GDI-24 like  :D

QSQCaito

Quote from: Morocotopo on August 24, 2006, 01:27:16 PM
To all: nice work, guys and girls!
I borrowed a digital camera, so here´s some of my work. This is to encourage people who think "my work is not as nice looking as these, I better not show it!" If i show, so can you!!  :icon_mrgreen:
Geofex parametric EQ, non modded values. Shakaboost at the output, to be able to vary output level. Hand bent enclosure from 2mm aluminum, lots of bending, filing, sanding, cursing, riveting and gluing. Painted metallic bronze, doesn´t show very well in the pictures. Adhesive labelling semitransparent paper for laser printers (APLI brand, it´s a bit thick) for graphics. Water lacquer finish, semi matt. Cheap plastic 2P2T switch, millenium 2 for the led.

This is how NOT to do your wiring:

:D :D
I promise, my other builds are neater!!

Im from Argentina too.. I'll write in english so everyone can understand..

Where did you get that DPDT from.. and how did you do your labelings/graphics

Gracias, muy bueno el trabajo

DAC
D.A.C

markm

brian smoke

Here are some pictures of my TS808 clone with Keeley spec upgrades
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/briansmoke/0.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/briansmoke/tubescreamerclone.jpg

Check out the massive Orange Caps to make the 0.18uF tone value

burnt fingers

Holy smokes Batman, those are some big ass orange caps in there.

Nice work getting them in there though.
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

christobean

heres my dual ruby:

volume, gain for each 386, and a over-ride switch to turn gain off or on. it gets pretty loud running on ~13 volts

QSQCaito

Quote from: brian smoke on August 27, 2006, 08:04:53 AM
Here are some pictures of my TS808 clone with Keeley spec upgrades
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/briansmoke/0.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l208/briansmoke/tubescreamerclone.jpg

Check out the massive Orange Caps to make the 0.18uF tone value

yoyr pcb is too small or that caps are huge.. indeed dude..That's hell of a capacitor.. for what voltage are they rated.. if i were you, i would put name to that.. they arent normal :P

D.A.C

markm

The RK philosophy is bigger is better I would guess.

Morocotopo

Super, QSQ:
This is the switch. Bisal brand (Argentinian), all plastic, it´s quite tall, I cut down the thread some to be able to fit vertically in boxes. Bad pictures, this one has a Led in the button, and extra contacts for turning it on and off, the one i used doesn´t have the led. Not very sturdy... treat with care! The only thing I like better than the blue 3PDT is that it´s acoustically quieter, Those blue ones are quite noisy. CLICK!!! CLICK!!! when you step on them!!! Not a problem if you play loud, but if you don´t...

QSQ: los Bisal doble inversores de 2 polos los conseguis en cualquier casa grande de componentes, en las de el centro estan seguro. La grafica la hice con papel autoadhesivo (semi) transparente para etiquetar marca APLI, es española, los imprimi con una laser, lo conseguis en casas de insumos para oficina o papeleras, yo me compre un paquete en una libreria de belgrano que se llama "los pibes", si mal no me acuerdo. Despues, 2 o 3 manos de laca semimate al agua para proteger.

Christo: What circuit did you use for the dual rubY? more power than a single one, right? Two speakers? Very nice.

Morocotopo
Morocotopo

John Lyons

Brian smoke

There is no need for those huge orange drop caps. The size comes from the fact that they are 600 volt + caps which isn't needed. Your only dealing with 10v max in a stompbox. Any combonation of 50v caps to make .18uf value will work just as well, Nothing magic there.
Two .1 caps in parallel will give you .2 which is going to be very close to the same sound.
No offence, just try to be more realistic...

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

kusi

here my new KHE AirBlower;

thanks a lot to markm, very good article in the layout gallery :)

greetings from switzerland,
kusi

christobean

Morocotopo: it is the dual ruby, which uses 2 bridged lm386's. i have the layout pdf on my harddrive, but i cant seem to find it online anymore.  it was made by "purple theory", it had one small mistake but i fixed it thanks to some people here.  yes 2 speakers, which you can see thru the metal grill, but its a bad picture.  a lot more power than the original ruby, imo.

bancika

My latest build: modified Matchless Hotbox
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Morocotopo

Christo: if possible, I´d like to see that schem/layout, been thinking of building a mini amp, that could be interesting. . Could you post it or PM me? Very much appreciated it would be by me.  ;D

Morocotopo
Morocotopo

markm

Quote from: kusi on August 27, 2006, 02:20:28 PM
here my new KHE AirBlower;

thanks a lot to markm, very good article in the layout gallery :)

greetings from switzerland,
kusi

Whoa!!
I like seeing that etched enclosure on here!!
Nice job kusi  ;D
See......it's not too hard to do and it doesn't chip or wear off!

bancika, NICE!

QSQCaito

gracias morocotopo ;) voy a chequear a ver que encuentro ;)
D.A.C

g3rmanium

This whole thing has taken me half a year to learn, but here is my first finished pedal, a JFET Preamp/Splitter:

More information in my blog.
Call me Johann.

Nikolay

My latest design: headphone amp

Hiwatt25

Let me also give a knod to MarkM for the inspiration.  And while I'm at it...Glenn Danzig after all I stole the design from the misfits (just elongated it a bit cause the enclosure is narrow).  I need to clean the enclosure up a bit as you can still see my reference lines for drilling.  In case you're wondering yes, it's sitting atop a Dunkin Donuts box.

By the way, it's another Smalley boost but I added a toggle to switch input caps.  Thanks to those that helped with that mod...my first one. 

brian smoke

Quote from: Basicaudio on August 27, 2006, 01:56:29 PM
Brian smoke

There is no need for those huge orange drop caps. The size comes from the fact that they are 600 volt + caps which isn't needed. Your only dealing with 10v max in a stompbox. Any combonation of 50v caps to make .18uf value will work just as well, Nothing magic there.
Two .1 caps in parallel will give you .2 which is going to be very close to the same sound.
No offence, just try to be more realistic...

John

Yes, I'd agree about the voltage being too high for most stompbox applications.  This is my first build, and it sounds fantastic.   I don't know much about what caps suit best apart from trial and error, and using the instructions. 

I would say however that, sometimes when I play, bolts of lightning shoot out of my fingers (I'm that good). In fact, right now, I'm beginning to blow smoke out of my ass.

(Only kidding).