News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

Rick
Of course you know that there is no way you're going to get out of giving us some sound clips of that right?  :D
Looks great! Maybe a clean up of the wiring in time, but.....

john

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

frequencycentral

Quote from: John Lyons on August 19, 2008, 01:05:42 PM
Rick
Of course you know that there is no way you're going to get out of giving us some sound clips of that right?  :D
Looks great! Maybe a clean up of the wiring in time, but.....

Oooh yeah soundclips - OK I'll do some! Thanks for your kind comments. As for the wiring - well there are 50 connections between the circuit board and the front panel - and I kind of built it as I was designing it, so it's a bit of a mess inside. If I built it again it would be much neater and simpler - I learned a lot from it though.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

monkeyman

Here are my first two builds, a Fuzz Face and a DOD 250.

Thanks for looking!

Renegadrian

Nice - just get rid of those white rings on the switches!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

petemoore

The orange one has great color compliments !
  I painted some whitewashers, not bad, not exactly recommended.
  Anyone try dipping them in like charcoal or even green dye just to see what that looks like ?
  White rings mmm...almost as good as onion rings !

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Naz Nomad

Tycobrahe ... I've thrown in the octave-lift switch, just because I had one, and I'm glad I did, it's putting my FZ-5 to shame.

... just needs knobs
... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

liddokun

Makes me want to attempt to build a synth.  Notice I say attempt because masterpieces like that are quite out of my league for another few years.
To those about to rock, we salute you.

Renegadrian

Quote from: Renegadrian on August 11, 2008, 05:13:46 AM
Quote from: ambulancevoice on August 10, 2008, 07:40:18 PM
Quote from: Insanekane on August 10, 2008, 03:23:38 PM
For Omega;

http://www.runoffgroove.com/omega.html

i think he means the graphic

Quote from: remmelt on August 10, 2008, 01:20:51 PM
Yeah, nice. Source for that?

and i think he did it himself
wouldn't be to hard to do

Well, there are some things that aren't good to do by ourselves... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_redface: :icon_eek:
(sorry...)

Yeah, good graphic, but I remember a double d with a Jenna J pic on it...That's the one I'd really love to "stomp"  :icon_redface:

Found it...I love this one...

cheeb

Rick, that is mindblowing.
1. You perfed it. What are you, a mutant? Jesus...
2. The front with the layout, label, and especially around the joystick area looks super-professional.
3. Being inside that briefcase makes it look totally cool. Like you come out to play for business. I see you laying it down in like a suit and sunglasses and opening it up and blowing freaking minds.
4. Even with all the wires, it's still way clean inside.
5. You perfed it!
6. And are those cigarette ashes in the bottom of it? haha

frequencycentral

Quote from: cheeb on August 19, 2008, 06:02:19 PM
Rick, that is mindblowing.
1. You perfed it. What are you, a mutant? Jesus...
2. The front with the layout, label, and especially around the joystick area looks super-professional.
3. Being inside that briefcase makes it look totally cool. Like you come out to play for business. I see you laying it down in like a suit and sunglasses and opening it up and blowing freaking minds.
4. Even with all the wires, it's still way clean inside.
5. You perfed it!
6. And are those cigarette ashes in the bottom of it? haha

Hahahaha! Yes I'm a perf mutant. I also have a DIY Roland 100m modular clone which is perfed - on eight boards of that size. I've never used a PCB in my life. Thanks for your adulation! Not cigarette ashes - I had to rip the foam out of the case - it's actually a camera carry case from Jessops (a camera shop in the UK).
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

liddokun

Perfed it? truly amazing.  :icon_mrgreen:
To those about to rock, we salute you.

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Why is everyone so against the white washers? I don't mind them at all

Renegadrian

Well, I just don't like it...I try all I can to have the box painted in the best way...And those plastic washers seem to put down my job...
Well, maybe they would surely fit on a white box, as Naz Nomad pedal, but on metallic or dark colors they seem just to ruin the look of the pedal...I once had one in my first pedal, actually a stock DOD 308 modded for true bypass and LED. Imagine this white plastic circle on a black satin pedal with gold writings...Ugly...Makes me wanna puke!!! hahahah
Obviously it's just my taste...

Auke Haarsma

What's the function of those washers btw? Just to strenghten the switch/enclosure connection?

bamera

A  Dr. Boogey with mods

The sides are black... just to justify the unoriginal name :icon_redface:

Naz Nomad

Been waiting for the PCB to finish this, it arrived today, and here it is ... this is having to appear 'sans knobs' until I get my ass/wallet into gear.

The obligatory upskirt shot ... you'll see it's dolphin friendly (no battery). Also, I made it a 3-in-1 by putting the capacitor mods on their own little board and used a rotary switch to flip 'em over, I'm glad I took the effort to do it.

... and I was so impressed with the BYOC PCB that I didn't want to cover it with wires, so everything is wired from below.

Yes, labels ... I know ... I can hardly believe it myself.

birt

that wiring looks amazing.
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

chicago_mike

IS SHe a mutron of sorts?

Naz Nomad

Quote from: chicago_mike on August 20, 2008, 02:00:42 PM
IS SHe a mutron of sorts?

It's the BYOC Envelope Filter, but with the 3 capacitor mods on a rotary switch ...

Hanglow

box for a RAT. First time using crackle paint.