Dan

DavidRavenMoon

SGD Lutherie
Hand wound pickups, and electronics.
www.sgd-lutherie.com
www.myspace.com/davidschwab

burdt

Quote from: richard the sailor on March 05, 2009, 04:27:34 PM
hem.,... how do i add the image (sorry for the off topic)

in the reply window there's a button with a little landscape on it.  when you click on it it pastes [img][/img] on your message.  to post a picture you paste the online location of your picture in between the [img][/img]

i use google's image hosting service picasa to upload my pictures.  you could use flickr, photobucket, or a myriad of other hosting services for your pics. 
HUBRIS

davent

Quote from: DavidRavenMoon on March 05, 2009, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on March 05, 2009, 01:40:15 PMaltough italian girls are better...

Yes!    :icon_biggrin:

...girls/woman...  just better period!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Heemis

A couple of recent builds:

A popular bass fuzz I built for my roommate

Any guesses as to what this might be...?

Andi

Heemis

We have a winner!  It's an EA "Analog Bit Crusher", which I believe is actually just a sample rate reducer, but I couldn't resist the temptation to do that graphic.

Andi

It took me a minute, then I giggled like a schoolgirl.  ;D

free electron

This is something i've built for my pedalboard.
It's an opamp buffer/splitter with 4 outputs (two of them are transformer isolated) and a kind of patchbay for all connections with pedals and amps.

Already in use:

Sockets on the left are for the effects loop. With a short patch cable i can use all the pedals in series. XLR balanced output goes into the mixer and PC, so i can always ensure myself that real analog pedals and amps sound better than any digital simulation ;)

timotet

Free electron your work is sick!!! :o

jrc4558

Quote from: Heemis on March 06, 2009, 09:52:48 AM

OMG!!! Crusher! LOL!!!

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: Constantin Necrasov on March 06, 2009, 01:23:47 PM
Quote from: Heemis on March 06, 2009, 09:52:48 AM

OMG!!! Crusher! LOL!!!

Would one of you nerds kindly fill the rest of us non sci-fi fans in on the joke?  :icon_lol:
Try a little tenderness.

Taylor

I think the joke is just that the character's name is Crusher and it is a bit crusher. Am I missing some other facet? I've never been into Star Trek, but I've read that this character is really hated by fans, so I'm guessing it's just funny to be reminded of a hilariously lame character that everyone hates.

Heemis

You basically nailed it Taylor.  The character is Wesley Crusher from Star Trek: The Next Generation, and he is, as you put it "hilariously lame".  Great effect though!

Andi

Quote from: free electron on March 06, 2009, 12:27:56 PM
This is something i've built for my pedalboard.
It's an opamp buffer/splitter with 4 outputs (two of them are transformer isolated) and a kind of patchbay for all connections with pedals and amps.

Beautiful work.

tdavid76

His name is Wesley Crusher...and throughout the ST-TNG episodes, they allude to him possibly being the love child of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the ship's Doctor, Beverly Crusher.  He is a child genius...and although his character is slightly annoying, I believe people dislike him more for the actor behind the enterprise's youngest ensign.

tdavid76

Sorry...I probably should have spelled Enterprise with a capitol "E"... :icon_wink:

Ben N

Quote from: danielzink on March 05, 2009, 05:16:10 PM
Dirty Boots Germainum Booster/Overdrive - using Russian GT313's

Dan

Dan, I love the way your adorable little Russian tranny looks like it's trying to walk away. I like the purple tights, too.  ;D
  • SUPPORTER

petemoore

Ok Free Electron...it's not often I see [1:1?] transformers...expensive ?
  Very impressive PCB/componentry placements, wow, fine finish on the outside too ! Handy item to have on hand when you have use for it, it looks like you have 4 outputs..what are those going into?
  Heemis that is a beautiful shine on your roomy's new box !

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

anchovie

Quote from: Ben N on March 06, 2009, 02:52:40 PM
adorable little Russian tranny

Don't get too drunk when (s)he's in the bar!
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.