News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Amps are bigger, even in pictures !
  Great looking stuff in today's pictures thread !

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Nikolay

Some new pedals from N-audio:

Omrazfuzz is a custom pedal for a friend. This is a copy of classic Tycobrahe Octavia

Deebo switcer is for randall G2 series 5 button footswitch.

The last bass EQ pedal is not ready yet. I need to instal line out transformer for balanced output.

birt

http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

fuzzo

:o :o really neat !

really fine !

sean k

Um, this is my version of earthtonesaudio's earth space wah. I'd started in on one a while back, when the original was underway, but didn't finish it and in the meantime I lost the populated PCB  :'(
Recently I found some excellent LDR's at a surplus store as well as LM324's and TL084's so decided to do this thing again. I still don't know if it works but all the bits are there and I'll rip it down to varnish or oil the wood and set it up for fine tuning get it working. I kinda really wanted to empathise with what I think Earthtonesaudio is doing with his ideas and worldview and so I spent alot of time on this baby.

When it's pulled apart I'll connect the PCB to the perspex backplate and do some etching with the dremel into the back of the perspex as well as etch some solid copper for a badge on the front. Good golly, looking at the pictures myself I should really inset the copper plates. They will look better and not so "hasty" just sitting on the faces. Cheer Earthtonesaudio, thanks for the schemo!  ;D
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

juse

Beautiful......  I'd love to hear it when you get it going.

Taylor

That's really, really cool. Are all those metal pieces salvaged, or did you fabricate some of that?

liddokun

Wow...that's awesome!
To those about to rock, we salute you.

sean k

Thankyou kindly chaps!, the stuff is mainly all salvaged. The wood was from an offcut at an exotic timber place that I go scrounging at occasionally looking for offcuts and damaged or bent pieces. The plate copper came from the bottom of some doors that I found on the side of the road and the aluminium bits are from salvation army shops. The bakelite knob I actually bought from a place called Radio Spares here in Auckland though to call it a proprietary business would be a bit of a stretch. Ben, the "proprietor", belongs to a church where God resides in thermionic tubes!
Monkey see, monkey do.

sean k

Hey Birt, lovely AC15. As I get older I'm beginning to appreciate the look of transformers that are open like that and have all the solder tabs in the open air. Combined with those knobs and the chrome chassis your amp, not to mention those beautiful glass bottles, is an artwork that should spend its rest times in a museum so the hoi polloi could learn whats really goin on! Cheers Man!
Monkey see, monkey do.

SonicVI

Slade

My last build, the Micro Step Phaze:

Greetings!

g.

sean k, it's beautiful !!!!

g.

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: sean k on June 25, 2009, 12:11:55 AM

Elegant, organic, beautiful.  It looks like it has a soul.  Hope it works on the first try!

biggy boy

Sean very cool! I like it.
Your creations look like they could be used in  Tim Burton type movies.

jacobyjd

Um, this is my version of earthtonesaudio's earth space wah. I'd started in on one a while back, when the original was underway, but didn't finish it and in the meantime I lost the populated PCB  :'(
Recently I found some excellent LDR's at a surplus store as well as LM324's and TL084's so decided to do this thing again. I still don't know if it works but all the bits are there and I'll rip it down to varnish or oil the wood and set it up for fine tuning get it working. I kinda really wanted to empathise with what I think Earthtonesaudio is doing with his ideas and worldview and so I spent alot of time on this baby.

When it's pulled apart I'll connect the PCB to the perspex backplate and do some etching with the dremel into the back of the perspex as well as etch some solid copper for a badge on the front. Good golly, looking at the pictures myself I should really inset the copper plates. They will look better and not so "hasty" just sitting on the faces. Cheer Earthtonesaudio, thanks for the schemo!  ;D

Burst box?  :icon_lol:

Seriously though--that's a great-looking build. Lots of character.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

Zero

This is so beatiful!  I little steampunk-ish -- I absolutely love it!
Good work, man!  :icon_biggrin:

Leston Braun

Here's a just finished Tremulus Lune

and the guts

the enclosure is painted with Standox automotive aluminium clearcoat, which sticks to aluminium without any primer, and withstands quite a beating without chipping. Mixed it with a drop of acrylic colour, to get the transparent color.

sean k

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, It's been my work building experimental instruments that has allowed me this tangent into combining a bunch of materials. I'd been doing all my fx in aluminium enclosures and making thm small but I was having problems while performing in knowing what knobs do what when they're all close together and the sharpie rubs off.

So I think I wanted to create a direction that allows the controls to be more distinct to what they actually do so that, like the instruments themselves, using them is more intuitive and simpler in the dim light we all have to perform in.. Of course I didn't know this before I started this wah but now I've done it I'm more aware of the intuitive reasoning that has taken place.

As you can see from my other recent stuff it's an entirely new direction.

Bottom left is going to be a ducker and it'll be moving in this direction with all the controls different, small sliders for the tracking pots, one big slider for the balance and the rotary and volume pots with different knobs. Bottom right is a long overdue power supply and above that is a mixer with send/return with cut in, wet and dry then a volume out which is self explanatory in the layout of controls. Top left is Nelsons Fuktave (Nelsons Fuktave Stompbox, N.F.S.) and you can see with that the kind of problem I'm keen to fix.
Monkey see, monkey do.