News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantella

Hi, here are some pedals I made along with my brother. He works at as a luthier and loves the fine woodworking, so when I asked him to build some boxes for some of my circuits, he kinda went to town - dovetail joints, inlays, veneers, etc. Not sure how 'roadworthy' they'd be, but since I mostly play at home and do some recording here and there, they'll be a nice addition to my gear. Here's a picture of the crash sync:

here's the easy vibe:

and then here's a pedal I painted last week. It's the lazy sprocket (slow gear clone) from byoc. It doesn't light up like the crazy knight rider pedals above (those are sweet, btw), but it does glow in the dark!

oliphaunt

Dreamsy29

Here is my first build, not as clean that i wanted but it's working.

GGG Tubescreamer clone, with asymmetrical clipping mod added.

And really not as gorgeous as the post above !!!!! :icon_eek:

Fl!P

Quote from: Dreamsy29 on September 14, 2009, 06:28:03 PM
Here is my first build, not as clean that i wanted but it's working.

GGG Tubescreamer clone, with asymmetrical clipping mod added.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/dreamsy29/IMG_00162.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/dreamsy29/IMG_0118.jpg

And really not as gorgeous as the post above !!!!! :icon_eek:

Well done.

Also, those wooden enclosures above look too nice to be stomped on...

:thumbs-up:
Completed Builds: Gus Booster, Plexizer, BSIABII, Si/Ge Fuzz Face w/ RM Mod, Orange Squeezer
To Do List: Valvecaster, Small Clone, Jawari

For Sale:Marshall Footswitch

synthmonger

Quote from: mantella on September 14, 2009, 05:36:35 PM
Hi, here are some pedals I made along with my brother. He works at as a luthier and loves the fine woodworking, so when I asked him to build some boxes for some of my circuits, he kinda went to town - dovetail joints, inlays, veneers, etc. Not sure how 'roadworthy' they'd be, but since I mostly play at home and do some recording here and there, they'll be a nice addition to my gear.

Those wooden boxes are freakin' beautiful!

deaconque

Quote from: station on September 14, 2009, 01:17:54 AM
Here's the YouTube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW0qqbDlemA

I realized after the fact, that I had the window fan on :-\ (-hot for September today in Massachusetts) so the sound isn't that great, but you get the idea.

Channel one is a mosfet boost (based loosely on the SHO - with some resistor changes, fixing the bias resistor to ground @ 1k, and moving the gain pot to the end of the signal chain)

Channel two is a 12AU7 set to give a just little bit of dirt on its own. Then, when driven by the 1st channel, the pedal thickens up and give a nice warm overdrive. The whole thing runs on 9 volts.

Hope you like it. I'll try to get a schematic up when I make one that's halfway presentable.

I'd like to see that schematic.  It sounds great BTW. :icon_biggrin:

ForcedFire

Here's a vintage style overdrive I've been designing. I finally got it built and it sounds awesome. I guess I'll have to make some soundclips to show what it does, too hard to explain really. It's a boost with some octave and fuzz options. Real vintage sounding, all discrete sections with 2N5088 transistors. I'm going to try and make an op-amp version of the same circuit.

richon

Quote from: ForcedFire on September 15, 2009, 12:47:02 AM

i see a lot of TANTs

any explanation why you use them over Poly??
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

ForcedFire

The only film / multilayer ceramic type caps I had in abundance were 0.68uF and I wanted 1uF. All I had were tantalums in the 1uF. All of the positions outfitted with the tantalum capacitors have a DC voltage drop across them. There are two caps with very similar DC voltages (no drop) on either side so I used non-polarized caps here (1uF multilayer ceramic). The tantalums give a mysterious look though!

edd101

Hi!

At last...I've completed my long lasting build - Clari(NOT). I've combined the stock Clari(NOT) with Ricks LFO mod so it is possible to switch between them ;) This pedal is very cool 8)!!!

Thanks everybody :)

Ed

...it is always funny until someone gets hurt!!!

~arph

Very nice build!

Any chance we can see a gutshot?
I've been meddling around for too long with the synthbox and you gave me a good pointer for a nice in between project to take my mind of my crusade for a simple yet error free fundamental extractor.

petemoore

mantella
  I think you can activate without scuffing it, looks pretty, sturdy / maple.
  The switch nut looks like the wood is thick enough to take most of what you've got as long as you don't use your heel.
  Your brother really did a great job, it's beautiful, wood grains are among my very favorite colors.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

juansolo

I've been guided here by Renegadrian. I've only been doing this for a few months now and am seriously wowed by some of the entries in this thread. Amazing stuff. So by means of an introduction I somewhat nervously offer my pedals to date up for scrutiny here (easier to link the page than post all the pics). They're in chronological order so I do get better... I started out with some BYOC kits and have done some vero based builds I subled upon throughout the great interweb. More than anything I'm building stuff for kicks, but I'm very much an amateur so please be gentle.

Oh, and hi.

The French connection

Wow! Good stuff Juan! There's some really clear build.

Welcome!

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

John Lyons

Nice looking box!

john
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Renegadrian

Quote from: juansolo on September 15, 2009, 09:49:50 AM
I've been guided here by Renegadrian. I've only been doing this for a few months now and am seriously wowed by some of the entries in this thread. Amazing stuff. So by means of an introduction I somewhat nervously offer my pedals to date up for scrutiny here (easier to link the page than post all the pics). They're in chronological order so I do get better... I started out with some BYOC kits and have done some vero based builds I subled upon throughout the great interweb. More than anything I'm building stuff for kicks, but I'm very much an amateur so please be gentle.

Oh, and hi.

Nice to see your link here, my friend...I believe everybody will like your pedals as much as me...So you're more than welcome!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

drk

it's clean/dist pedal. The clean is with a 741 chip. The distortion is based on the vulcan overdrive. sounds really cool :p

sound: http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/clean-dist_effect.mp3

frequencycentral

Oh, and hi.

Hi John, and welcome! Nice to see you round these parts.

Rick

Quote from: edd101 on September 15, 2009, 06:57:35 AM
Hi!

At last...I've completed my long lasting build - Clari(NOT). I've combined the stock Clari(NOT) with Ricks LFO mod so it is possible to switch between them ;) This pedal is very cool 8)!!!

Nice, very nice!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

juse

Oh, and hi.

Nice pedals, you do good work!

Jaco P.

my latest project OCD copy.

using TL082 op-amp, works amazing. :)