SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noelgrassy

Quote from: Brymus on October 09, 2009, 05:10:34 PM
Hey thats great work!
I like the concept with the decals,true others have made it an art in itself,I think you just need to coat them with laquer or something IDK.
And I also give you +2 points for using sliders in your Perculator clone.
And another +2 points for using tag strips for your other pedal,thats way cool nice work.

Well thank you for your kind comments and the coveted bonus points!!
I've gotta deal with getting my inkjet printer & the decal sheets to bond amicably before I can clearcoat anything. Viewing insanekane's
etched boxes really makes me want to try that method too. I have some savagely twisted Tibetan line art that would probably
look superb as an etched contour with a black wash filling in the deeper lines surrounding the kooky deities and their role related
accoutrement. 

To pravudh, Is that an aerial shot over a "forest" of Ge diodes all clustered together? Please link to the schematic if you feel
generous...[pretty please?]
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

g.

Quote from: connie_c on October 09, 2009, 11:50:32 AM
Quote from: g. on October 08, 2009, 01:02:43 PM
black serigraphy

red metal paint & then black serigraphy...

i've made 6 of them, medium voltage pentode tube preamp.

Google tells me serigraphy is screen printing. Do you know of a tuitorial that shows how to do this? I really like the look of these. There seems to be lots of tuitorials for other things but not printing to aluminium.

they were made by a serigraph, not me (i made only the design)

the same way as this guy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQDKr6GjTiI

noelgrassy

Howdy q.,
Wasn't Alfred Jarry a Breton too? I understand there is a University of Pataphysics in France where Jarry's
hypothesis are studied even today. M. Jarry is such a fascinating character despite his rabid fondness for
absinthe and ether! I too would wear a pair of dueling pistols in my cycling shorts if the police wouldn't
spray mace or Tazer my monkeyass at the drop of a hat. :icon_twisted:
From where does the Breton language originate?
The pedal looks very unique and reeks of a very high "coolness" factor! Well executed my friend. ;)

Noel Grassy.
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

g.

QuoteWasn't Alfred Jarry a Breton too?
yes he uses to live in brittany.

QuoteFrom where does the Breton language originate?
celtic languages.

QuoteThe pedal looks very unique and reeks of a very high "coolness" factor! Well executed my friend.
thanks !

Fuzz Aldryn

Hi,

some recent builds:
A Catalinbread Heliotrope clone:

and a Big Muff Pi green Sovtek:

Cheers
Helge

Kearns892

Fuzz Aldryn

Here they are! VoilĂ , guts:
Heliotrope:

Big Muff:

Cheers
Helge

Edit: Don't ask me for the Heliotrope layout. I cloned it nearly directly from gutshots, so I'll not gonna post it here or elsewhere. Also no PM, I'm sorry.

Freekmagnet

Let me start by saying that this envelope filter kicks booty. The Tonepad PCB is great. I modded it for bass with some extra caps, added the reverse sweep mod, the resonance mod, plus an additional release mod from Mark Hammer that I found here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=41514.0

I also swapped out a couple of resistors and a cap at the end of the circuit to add more sensitivity and more output. YOW!

And, for all you art geeks like me out there, I rendered the popsicle image in my favorite $25 virtual painting program found here: http://www.artrage.com/ It really only works with a stylus pad, but if happen to have a stylus pad, it's $25 well spent. I tried my best to  get a good photo that showed the super-styling metal flake brown color, but let me say this: Web color sucks!

Very fun,very full and very funky sounding filter. Fairly involved build, but I'd recommend it.

Kearns892

Do you have the schematic for the modified bass version?

Freekmagnet

Quote from: Kearns892 on October 11, 2009, 10:21:22 PM
Do you have the schematic for the modified bass version?

It's on the Tonepad site. I just used 4 x .001uf caps instead of the 4 X 560pf caps recommended for the tone mod. There's some really great build reports that I read through. After reading through them, I adjusted the output mods to taste.

Overall, it sounds really full and thumpingly awesome. That being said, I haven't built a Mutron yet...

AudioMime

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on October 11, 2009, 03:37:22 PM
Here they are! VoilĂ , guts:
Heliotrope:

Cheers
Helge

Edit: Don't ask me for the Heliotrope layout. I cloned it nearly directly from gutshots, so I'll not gonna post it here or elsewhere. Also no PM, I'm sorry.

I understand that you will give not layout/schematic, but is it possible to have a top view of the guts? Or the one that you copied it from?

Also nice to meet you all.

My name is Lucian.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

AudioMime

Quote from: Freekmagnet on October 11, 2009, 09:41:04 PM
Let me start by saying that this envelope filter kicks booty. The Tonepad PCB is great. I modded it for bass with some extra caps, added the reverse sweep mod, the resonance mod, plus an additional release mod from Mark Hammer that I found here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=41514.0

I also swapped out a couple of resistors and a cap at the end of the circuit to add more sensitivity and more output. YOW!

And, for all you art geeks like me out there, I rendered the popsicle image in my favorite $25 virtual painting program found here: http://www.artrage.com/ It really only works with a stylus pad, but if happen to have a stylus pad, it's $25 well spent. I tried my best to  get a good photo that showed the super-styling metal flake brown color, but let me say this: Web color sucks!

Very fun,very full and very funky sounding filter. Fairly involved build, but I'd recommend it.

That is pretty cool man. What kind of camera are you using?
It looks fantastic!
Great photography, I love it.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

chicago_mike

Where do you get the little green pots?

bobp1339

"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

John Lyons

Heliotrope
"I understand that you will give not layout/schematic, but is it
possible to have a top view of the guts? Or the one that you copied it from?"

f
r
e
e
s
t
o
m
p
b
o
x
e
s
c
o
m

It's all there including a layout and PCB.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

musiclikscreams

AudioMime

Quote from: John Lyons on October 12, 2009, 12:41:09 AM
Heliotrope

f
r
e
e
s
t
o
m
p
b
o
x
e
s
c
o
m

Thanks John! I was unaware of other forums. 
I am glad to have learned of this. ;D
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: John Lyons on October 12, 2009, 12:41:09 AM
Heliotrope

f
r
e
e
s
t
o
m
p
b
o
x
e
s
c
o
m

Hi,

seems to me thtat I started there a little flame war which I didn't intended to start. The already posted layiout over there is wrong an way too big. That's why I started to make my own one using the gutshots posted there. If the pros over there give their ok to post it, I will do it. Until then I won't post it anywhere, I'm sorry.

@Lucian: Sorry, but I soldered the PCB directly onto the switch so that I would have to desolder it to make some pic of the components side. Didn't make any before I built i together.

Regards
Helge

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on October 12, 2009, 07:20:05 AM
If the pros over there give their ok to post it, I will do it. Until then I won't post it anywhere, I'm sorry.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=60421.0

Rules are pretty clear.  As far as I know Catalinbread doesn't post here and has not asked that their layouts be kept from the site.  So it seems like there's no problem.  But read the above link and decide for yourself.

John Lyons

sorry, yes it's .org

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/