News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caress

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on October 12, 2009, 07:20:05 AM
If the pros over there give their ok to post it, I will do it. Until then I won't post it anywhere, I'm sorry.

ummmm that's the whole point of the other site... hence the name.  FREE stompboxes
lol   ;)

Naz Nomad

... riding a Lissajous curve to oblivion.

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on October 12, 2009, 08:16:59 AM
If the pros over there give their ok to post it, I will do it. Until then I won't post it anywhere, I'm sorry.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=60421.0

Rules are pretty clear.  As far as I know Catalinbread doesn't post here and has not asked that their layouts be kept from the site.  So it seems like there's no problem.  But read the above link and decide for yourself.

To make things clear: I would do it if I would be sure that it is legaly and correct as I did benefit several times from this forum and the other one and I had plans to do that for the DLS and the Hyper Pak.The whole point is:
oldgravity:
"PCB artwork is the only aspect of circuits that is truly copyrighted. Unlike other aspects of cloning, it is unambiguously illegal to post someone's PCB artwork.

Now, the same is true of posting a copyrighted photo or putting a song on youtube, so people have gotten to the point that they don't see copyright laws as real. Regardless of your own personal beliefs ethically, you can't really fault somebody for not wanting to break a law.

But you can call them a loser.

I take no sides."
So call me a loser - I prefer to loose in this way than in a trial. Though it probably won't get that far. But I know that the guys of catalinbread are nice guys and I don't think it's a appropiat way to honor there work cloning their pcb layout and share it with the whole world. For me it has something to do with respect and moral. How many times did we accuse other commercial builders for cloning things without contribute? I don't like to judge with double standards.
I am willing to share my work - but I am not sure if it's realy MY work. That's the whole point.
If you're realy interessted in building this pedal and not in arguing with me about my attitude everything you need is at fsb. If you're handy you could do the same thing in less than an hour.
I didn't want to bother anyone. I'm sorry!

Regards
Helge

Ben N

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on October 12, 2009, 07:20:05 AMHi,

seems to me thtat I started there a little flame war which I didn't intended to start. The already posted layiout over there is wrong an way too big. That's why I started to make my own one using the gutshots posted there. If the pros over there give their ok to post it, I will do it. Until then I won't post it anywhere, I'm sorry.

@Lucian: Sorry, but I soldered the PCB directly onto the switch so that I would have to desolder it to make some pic of the components side. Didn't make any before I built i together.

Regards
Helge

OK.  (A) It's a discussion, not a flame war, as far as I can tell.
(B) If you actually copied the artwork on the Catalinbread PC, then you are absolutely right not to disseminate the layout, as it is protected by law, and could expose you to liability. If not, I see no reason to withhold it, unless you consider it your own commercial property that you want to exploit. Either way, who are the"pros over there," and why should they have any say, any more than you or Nicholas. Having said that, though, why would you draw attention to your layout if you had no intention of sharing it?
  • SUPPORTER

AudioMime

Hi,

seems to me thtat I started there a little flame war which I didn't intended to start. The already posted layiout over there is wrong an way too big. That's why I started to make my own one using the gutshots posted there. If the pros over there give their ok to post it, I will do it. Until then I won't post it anywhere, I'm sorry.

@Lucian: Sorry, but I soldered the PCB directly onto the switch so that I would have to desolder it to make some pic of the components side. Didn't make any before I built i together.

Regards
Helge

It's all good man.  I found the thread

PS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos     (nsfw)
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: Ben N on October 12, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on October 12, 2009, 07:20:05 AMHi,

Regards
Helge

OK.  (A) It's a discussion, not a flame war, as far as I can tell.
(B) If you actually copied the artwork on the Catalinbread PC, then you are absolutely right not to disseminate the layout, as it is protected by law, and could expose you to liability. If not, I see no reason to withhold it, unless you consider it your own commercial property that you want to exploit. Either way, who are the"pros over there," and why should they have any say, any more than you or Nicholas. Having said that, though, why would you draw attention to your layout if you had no intention of sharing it?

Yes you're right, it's still a discussion - maybe it wasn't the right linguitsic term. I'm not a native english speaking person as you can easily guess, so I sometimes might use unappropiat expressions I appologize!
I did that for my own personal use as the already posted layout was wrong and way too big, didn't have any intention to exploit that for any commercialy use. The other reason why I did that was, that in my experience aliasers like this tend to have a strong bleeding through noise which is oftenly a matter of the tracing, so I decided to be better safe than sorry.
My intention in stating that I'll not gonna share this layout was to PREVENT any discussion or pm flood about that.  I think this intention did realy backfire. Sorry for that.
About the pros thing: I don't know, I didn't want to hurt anyone with this. Maybe "waiting, what the MODs will say" would have been more appropiat.

Regards
Helge

John Lyons

Back to the pics

Tweed on Bronze powder coat.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

peps1

:o shes a little stunner!

loves_guitar

Been stalking around these parts for a while. Figured it was time to emerge from the bushes.
Here are my builds to take (in chronological order).
GGG TS808 (with clipping options, AMZ fat boost hardwired)

BOR

Fuzz Face (just with some 2n3904s)

BYOC 5-Knob Compressor

BYOC Phaser (with kahel's fully loaded mods - 90/45 switch, Phase/Vibe switch, Feedback pot, Mix pot)

Thanks for all of your inspirational builds!

Heemis

Wow!  Thanks for coming out of those bushes... beautiful builds!

Renegadrian

WOW Those pedals are AMAZING!!!  :icon_eek:
Nice job man!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

deaconque

Brymus

Yeah what the last three guys said!
I like the way they are all unique from each other and yet just as cool looking I bet they turn heads in your set up.
Excellent work :icon_exclaim:
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

irishstu

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.

Some really amazing work here, as usual.

May I humbly present my latest offering, the Green Hornet (circuit inside is one of Aron's "Hornet" designs):

Zero

Quote from: loves_guitar on October 12, 2009, 05:46:19 PM
Been stalking around these parts for a while. Figured it was time to emerge from the bushes.
Fuzz Face (just with some 2n3904s)

BYOC Phaser (with kahel's fully loaded mods - 90/45 switch, Phase/Vibe switch, Feedback pot, Mix pot)

Man, that's some of the most beatiful artwork I've ever seen on a stompbox!
Excellenct job! I assume you're a graphic designer or something... otherwise, you should become one!

Thanks for sharing!

AudioMime

Quote from: loves_guitar on October 12, 2009, 05:46:19 PM
GGG TS808 (with clipping options, AMZ fat boost hardwired)

Thanks for all of your inspirational builds!
Amazing graphics.
Does anyone know how to get a good enclosure paint job such as this?
I am going out to buy some parts, and I want to get everything that I need at once. Any Suggestions?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

mr.adambeck

loves_guitar, what process are you using to get those on there?  Thanks!

loves_guitar

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Seriously, I am blown away by the talent in this place, so to you have guys compliment my work carries a lot of weight. Thanks!

I'll try and answer everyone's question with describing my workflow (and no, I'm not a graphic designer - more of a 'graphic-designer-as-a-hobby!'):
1) Sand the enclosure starting with 150 grit. Continue sanding with finer and finer grit. Then sand with steelwool going from coarse to fine.
2) Wash box with water and dish soap.
3) A shot of primer (using Rustoleum). Let dry overnight.
4) Apply spray paint (mostly have been using Rustoleum - have also tried automotive spraypaint from the automotive aisle which works good, but pricey and Testors model spraypaint). Spray once in the morning before work and once in the evening. Typically about 4 coats. Just until the box has good coverage, watching specifically for the edges.
5) Once happy with paint, let dry for 3 days before applying clearcoat.
6) Once I'm happy with the design in Photoshop and I know it will line up with the holes, print off waterslide decal (been using Testors clear decals). I usually do this during the 3 days I'm waiting for the box to fully dry.
7) Clearcoat decal paper with 3-4 coats.
8 ) Apply decal. Once dry, apply decal softener. Then once dry again, cut out holes and give it some more decal softener around the holes.
9) Clearcoat box. Typically 6 coats. Wet sand (under a running tap) with 2000 grit automotive sandpaper after the first 3 coats. Nothing the final 3 coats.
10) After it's dry (typically leave it overnight), grab my "Mother's Carwax" and wax and buff the box.
11) Grab a drink and enjoy!

Hopefully that explains everything. If anyone has any questions, feel free to fire me a PM. You can also check out my blog for future progress.

azrael

What do you use for decal softener?

Slade

My last pedal, the Banana Fuzz!!

Check out the features in this video!

Soon I'll upload a video demo.

Regards,

Fernando.-