Slade

Echo Tech - Delay

Regards,

Fernando.-

frequencycentral

^^^

Your most beautiful so far! Amazing!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Hupla

Has to be your best yet.  :icon_eek:
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

rousejeremy

Slade, that's beautiful
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Nikolay

2 pedals from me:

Slade, your pedal looks great! Respect!

richon

Quote from: aziltz on January 22, 2010, 12:57:03 AM
BYOC 5 Knob for myself,

excelent finish....any link to get get a tutorial on how to do it?
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: Slade on January 23, 2010, 11:17:34 AM
Echo Tech - Delay

This is one of the best-looking pedals I've ever seen, DIY or otherwise.  I love the schematic graphics!

knealebrown

Buffer, schematic taken from dano site and made on stripboard

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

head_spaz

Holy Moly Slade.... that's beautimous! A real sweepstakes winner you got there.
The artwork and theme is masterful... the etched traces came out wonderful... but your choice of semi-flatted splatter paint just sets it off, the perfect compliment.
I bet you could sell that theme to one of the big boys. It's certainly trademark worthy... and it would sell a lot of pedals on looks alone. A cut WAY above the rest.
And now with that out of the way, I'll get right to the point ::: We get it Slade!!! You are THE Grand Poobah and Master Decorator of all that is left-lobed-foofoo.
Now go away Mr. BlingSlade, because you're inconsiderate. Continually shaming the rest of us wannabes in a public forum, right there in front of God and everybody else. You are forcing some of us to consider seeking a different hobby. It seems that my gifting is screwing up junkyards. At least I'm good at something, even if it is just setting a bad example for others. And not to be too critical... but that's where you could use a little improvement.
So anyway... as much as I hated to do it, you've been reported and you're being watched little Mister. And I ain't kiddin' neither. There is already talk of putting you on double-secret-probabtion.

Nikolay, Your pedals just keep getting better and better. Keep up the good work.
Mr. BlingSlade shoulda-outta take note that Nikolay sets a good example to foller.
Deception does not exist in real life, it is only a figment of perception.

Slade

Thanks for all your kind comments.

@ head_spaz: Ok, this is a little weird. Since I'm not a native english spoken it's a little hard to understand what of that is "kidding" and what is serious talk. Anyway, I think I get your point, I appreciate your comments very much and I think I will continue posting my pedals on the special thread that Rick created for me a time ago. I really like to show my pedals for the community (and the entire world) but I think you're right. I don't want anybody to feel ashamed with the work they do when seeing my pedals, even when I have seen many beauties here that I found better to my etchings.

Taylor

Don't worry, Slade, he was just kidding. This kind of kidding doesn't come across well in translation. Although I think you deserve a thread of your own, nobody seriously thinks you need to get out of this thread.  :) Work like yours continually raises the standards of everyone else here.

Looking at the first few pages of this thread, the standard for DIY finished pedals was much lower in years past. Most people were using RACO boxes or unpainted Hammond boxes with Sharpie marker labels. But as the years went on, the quality of everyone's work has just gotten better and better, to the point that, at the top of this page we have a first time poster, sentimentalbob, who posted a very nice etch. It's only because he had the misfortune of posting right before you that his box didn't get much acclaim; having your first pedal be an etched enclosure would not have gone unnoticed previously.

So anyway, welcome, sentimentalbob, and don't worry Slade, you don't need to get out of here (please don't!)

deadastronaut

slade...

what can i say man...simply fantastic etching...lovely...keep em coming......

rob.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Just1More

Well I'm not posting any pics on this page. Too much awesomeness here!!

Fantastic work all round, but if there was any doubt before, that masterpeice puts Slade in a league of his own. I don't even care if it doesn't make a sound - it looks totally awesome.

Renegadrian

I hate those first post awesome pedals!!!   :icon_twisted:
Mine was awful (not that my last one is so good looking, more if compared to those pro pedals like slade's...)
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

PMcG No.6

Another new fuzz for my website.  :icon_mrgreen:

Be seeing you!

-Chad
www.PenfarFX.com

glops

Slade!  That is striking craftsmanship.  Your output of pedals is just insane!

sentimentalbob, great looking first pedal.  my first one looked like utter crap...

Taylor and John Lyons, thanks for the compliments!

Taylor, the washers were bought at a local hardware store and I did the vinegar and salt thing to discolor the metal...  Really into big washers
these days....

John, I tried to do some copper plating again but failed.  The base plate came out perfectly but the box not so well.  I noticed, though, when I wet sanded off the copper the chemical treatment left a nice tarnished blackened aluminum.  My bosstone color is that black sanded down too much and
it ended up grey.  I like the look of it but would have preferred to have not sanded off the back so much.  Not that it looked super special but just a nice kinda discolored metal.  Probably could do the same thing with a torch....

Slade

Thanks for all your comments, guys, I'm glad you like it, I'm very happy with this particular design and finishing  :icon_biggrin:

Quote from: Just1More on January 23, 2010, 06:10:37 PM
Well I'm not posting any pics on this page. Too much awesomeness here!!

Fantastic work all round, but if there was any doubt before, that masterpeice puts Slade in a league of his own. I don't even care if it doesn't make a sound - it looks totally awesome.

I can ensure you it sounds! And I love the sounds that comes out of it ;)

Greetings!

aziltz

Quote from: richon on January 23, 2010, 01:22:23 PM
Quote from: aziltz on January 22, 2010, 12:57:03 AM
BYOC 5 Knob for myself,

excelent finish....any link to get get a tutorial on how to do it?

its just rust-oleum brand primer, hammertone and clearcoat over rub on transfers.  I could do a rub on tutorial if people are interested.

Slade

I would be very interested in try that!

Here's the last one.. The Flashback Delay - Deluxe Edition:

Fernando.-