News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

AAAhhh! Best one yet? Slade's stuff is simultaneously exciting but also it makes my stomach sink in jealousy.

Damn, I just noticed the LEDs in the power lines... Fernando, I really feel your work is taking pedals to a new level artistically. Hopefully this will encourage me to step up my game instead of just being jealous.  :)

knealebrown

Quote from: Thomeeque on March 21, 2010, 05:59:55 PM

Really nice .. but why did you bother yourself with those PCBs for IN&OUT jacks? :icon_eek: To me it looks like pure complication without any benefit..?

Btw. FRESH is amazing song, congrats!

T.

Thanks for the comments on fresh, it always means so much more coming from people like yourself. The PCBS were just hanging around at work (i work for an audio electronics company as my university placement) and my boss said i could have them. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth i snapped them up. im VERY pleased with the guts on this build but its a bit of a shame the graphic ran. Still its the sound that counts yeah?

FRESH is here for free download if anyone else would like a listen http://knealebrown.bandcamp.com/, help yourselves (and sorry for the pro-mo)

By the way slade that has got to be one of my favorites of yours, its only coming second behind the blue etched delay you did. Id marry that delay
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

mikemaddux

Quote from: Slade on March 21, 2010, 07:57:11 PM
Hi,
Really beautiful builds here again, as always, congrats to everyone.
So, here is my last, it's a Tri-Vibe, I love how it does his Vibe thing... Thanks to solderman for his help debugging it :icon_biggrin:
I'll be uploading a video of this pedal soon.

Slade, how do you get these freakin huge etched areas that seem to never have any scratches from the sandpaper???

I love the silverburst etching.....
Completed Builds: A lot...

duckpow

Quote from: tombola on March 20, 2010, 06:43:24 PM
My first pedal - just a veroboard SHO in a 1590b. Accidentally used a conductive plastic pot - the crackle is still there, but strange - when you turn the knob, the whole sound sort of drops out and drops back in, like the circuit is changing gear...

That's exactly what happen. When you turn the gain knob the trans gets rebaised, and it takes a moment for the trans to settle back to a normal state. Hence the crackle and lack of sound. Sounds exactly right!
Banders Duckpow

deadastronaut

Quote from: frequencycentral on March 21, 2010, 08:22:53 PM

Oh, for @#$%'s sake!

seconded....!....f**k indeed...........quality piece again!....

nice one slade.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

kupfer_m

Hi,
So, here is my last, it's a Tri-Vibe, I love how it does his Vibe thing... Thanks to solderman for his help debugging it :icon_biggrin:

Really fantastic etchwork. The LEDs on the power line.. very nice detail!

Nikolay

This is my new optocompressor based on dod compressor:

and as imple channel selector for my 6 channel programmable footcontroller:

solderman

Hi,
I'll be uploading a video of this pedal soon.

Regards,
Fernando.-

Holy shit. :o :o

That is better than most things I'v seen at guggenheim Museum. And this one also sounds good. Does it smell good too ;D

What size are the small LED:s they seem smaller than 3mm?
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

markeebee

Quote from: Nikolay on March 22, 2010, 07:21:20 AM
This is my new optocompressor based on dod compressor:

Hey Nikolay, I really like your 'signature' style, the aluminium front panel held in place with button head socket screws.  Looks kinda industrial, yet also very classy.

Only a brave man would post their work immediately after one of Slade's masterpieces, but you are at the top of the pile as well!

Slade

Hey, thank you for all your comments!
Glad you like this one too!

@Nikolay, your buildings are so perfect and sober... They make my "artistic etchings" feel ridiculous and exagerated :icon_mrgreen: Congrats, dude.

Quote from: solderman on March 22, 2010, 08:21:37 AM
What size are the small LED:s they seem smaller than 3mm?

The leds are 3mm but they're inside the enclosure, the light comes out through 1mm holes.

Quote from: kupfer_m on March 22, 2010, 05:16:22 AM
Really fantastic etchwork. The LEDs on the power line.. very nice detail!
Quote from: deadastronaut on March 22, 2010, 05:08:55 AM
seconded....!....f**k indeed...........quality piece again!....

nice one slade.

Thank you!

Quote from: mikemaddux on March 21, 2010, 09:51:46 PM
Slade, how do you get these freakin huge etched areas that seem to never have any scratches from the sandpaper???

I love the silverburst etching.....

If the etching is deep enough you won't have problems sanding it over the etched/painted without scratching it ;)

Quote from: frequencycentral on March 21, 2010, 08:22:53 PM
Oh, for @#$%'s sake!

Good smiley, haha!

Quote from: knealebrown on March 21, 2010, 08:11:33 PM
By the way slade that has got to be one of my favorites of yours, its only coming second behind the blue etched delay you did. Id marry that delay

Certainly that delay has a wife already......

Just kidding, haha!

Quote from: Taylor on March 21, 2010, 08:04:12 PM
AAAhhh! Best one yet? Slade's stuff is simultaneously exciting but also it makes my stomach sink in jealousy.

Damn, I just noticed the LEDs in the power lines... Fernando, I really feel your work is taking pedals to a new level artistically. Hopefully this will encourage me to step up my game instead of just being jealous.  :)

Then let's work :icon_twisted:

---

Thank you for all your comments, guys ;)

Regards,
Fernando.-

arma61

Hey guys, have you seen this !!  :D  :D  :D

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

knealebrown

john, slade, solderman! The first stompbox i post that people comment on and you guys gang up on me with your builds  :icon_frown:

one day i will reach your level.

btw nikolai thats a realy tidy box, simple clean and once again a style of your own.
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Nikolay

Thanks guys.
markeebee, I think, that here is not a competition who can make the best pedal. I learn a lot from this forum, and from this thread too. I have one directory with pictures of my favorite pedals posted here and other from the net. And If I need a good idea, I look the pictures. Slade make a beautifull pedals. I love it, and I'm happy to see his new pedal here.

Also, markeebee, this frontpannel is from stainless steel, not aluminium, and it's laser engraved. For me, here in Bulgaria, this method is a little bit cheaper than silkscreen. Some years ago I make my frontpannels using home etching, but right now I give this job for other guys. I haven't time to spend hours with home etching.

John Lyons, your pedals are really beutifull. Also you have a eye to make a good picture with good exterior.

Renegadrian

AMAZING stuff, but we know the men...John, Slade, Nikolai...Top gear, the cure for details is so high...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

phector2004

Quote from: John Lyons on March 22, 2010, 11:07:00 AM

love the natural look!

did you facet that LED? it looks like a gem

ghostsauce

This is the Dr. Boogey I recently finished, it's my first build ever.  The pcb was created by John Lyons and he did a fantastic job as I'm sure you well know from his reputation, and I put it together very easily with the help of some people here. I plugged it in, biased the JFETs and it fired up on the first try.  I named it the WIN (On/Off) pedal.  The writing's small so I'll list it left-right, top-bottom.  Volume, Presence, Awesome (gain), Bass, Mid, Treb.  I used the true bypass rig and didn't bother adding the battery pack.  I won't show you the guts but the words "Robot Spaghetti" come to mind.  Ah well, it's my first build. :P

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: ghostsauce on March 22, 2010, 04:16:46 PM
This is the Dr. Boogey I recently finished, it's my first build ever.  The pcb was created by John Lyons and he did a fantastic job as I'm sure you well know from his reputation, and I put it together very easily with the help of some people here. I plugged it in, biased the JFETs and it fired up on the first try.  I named it the WIN (On/Off) pedal.  The writing's small so I'll list it left-right, top-bottom.  Volume, Presence, Awesome (gain), Bass, Mid, Treb.  I used the true bypass rig and didn't bother adding the battery pack.  I won't show you the guts but the words "Robot Spaghetti" come to mind.  Ah well, it's my first build. :P

Bonus points for using "Awesome" as a knob label!  Of course there's no room for a battery in there, since it's full of Win.  Right?
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

ghostsauce