Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigyboy

Quote from: tubelectron on July 30, 2010, 03:08:00 AM
Hi Magnus,

QuoteHello,
it is not a pedal, but it helps building them...

Good idea for boxing this simple device - I think it is better than the major part of the DMM and transistor-meters...

QuoteMy "Geofex Leakage and hFe Checker"

But I needed a more accurate instrument than this, with extended possibilities of checking for Ge Q's (variable Ib, Hfe, IceO, IcbO, IceS), so I had to buit it, as I didn't found anything interesting in commercial products :

Do you want to sell one of these?;D

A+!
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Slade

Quote from: frequencycentral on July 31, 2010, 08:18:09 AM
^^^^^^

;D I waited for it to buffer before I realised..............
He made me wait for an hour to buffer the video. Let's take 5 points from him, Rick, what you say?

Pigyboy

Quote from: trad3mark on July 31, 2010, 07:57:09 AM

:icon_twisted:

I admit to total retardation so can some one please explain this to me. It is something to do with your crazy satin worshipping backward masking pedal contest, huh?  I watch it too long and sufferer epileptic shock...

And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

igerup

The time in the gif says 6:66 so it's probably a reminder that we're getting very close to page 666. It's 663 now...

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

jmwreck

Magnus

Hello,

@tubelectron:
Wow, this is a great measuring-station  :o

But for me the little Geofex-Circuit is enough,
my ear makes the rest of the measuring-process  ;)

btw: Nice pedals guys!

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

trad3mark

I wasn't planning on making anything else for a while, but then I got "Under Great White Northern Lights" on vinyl, and I felt obliged to make a Muff with Ge Transistors and Diodes, so that I can Jack White in a different way to my Big Muff with Tone/Wicker. In anycase, I don't have any 100k pots at all, and im not sure when i'll get the time to go get them, but, i do have a finished board, and whenever i go to get my pots, i've to get spraymount and knobs too. It's a work in progress, but between work, and a holiday soon, i'm not sure when i'll get to finish it. So, here's a potentially unfinished-for-a-while build. If anyone wants the vero, i've no problem posting it. Why would you want another vero, especially if the board is sooo big? cos it's got one single tracecut??

Size comparison with regular big muff with tone and wicker

Board

AudioMime

I'd love the vero!  ;)
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

snarblinge

post that vero, been planning on a Muff for a while, and usually like to draw my own layouts, but that looks tidy to me.

plus bring on page 666
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

trad3mark

can we post zips as attachments? i'm gonna need to include the BoM cos the stupid thing crops off the list on the image. Grrr!

JKowalski

Quote from: snarblinge on August 01, 2010, 08:06:35 PM
plus bring on page 666

Maybe we should give out absurd numbers of compliments... We could have it here by tonight.  :icon_eek:

caress

Quote from: JKowalski on August 01, 2010, 11:19:18 PM
Quote from: snarblinge on August 01, 2010, 08:06:35 PM
plus bring on page 666

Maybe we should give out absurd numbers of compliments... We could have it here by tonight.  :icon_eek:

good idea!  you are quite the gent!   :D

phector2004

trademark, that's a very clean layout you've got there!

what transistors + diodes are those? what about the yellow caps? where'd you get those from???

hope to see it done soon!

darron

An Optical Tremolo built with/for Petri Ruokari that he sprayed himself

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Zero

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on July 29, 2010, 10:04:01 AM
Quote from: Zero on July 29, 2010, 09:31:32 AM
I haven't found a suitable belt clip or some other mechanism to attach to my guitar strap.  Any suggestions?

Maybe take a steel belt clip off of a tape measure or find something similar to bolt on?

Quote from: davent on July 29, 2010, 10:50:11 AM
You can get a package of six belt clips here. http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32542&cat=1,42936,42452

Quote from: ghostsauce on July 29, 2010, 11:07:40 AM
It's not the prettiest solution, but I used to have a wireless unit and the belt clip was terrible and the chord was always in the way and looked weird.. so I just clipped it onto my strap near the guitar jack, and used electrical tape to secure it. It looked perfect cause the thing was black anyways, and because it was right beside the jack I just coiled up the extra cable and taped it too. Having it attached to the strap near the guitar was very comfortable and usable I found.. and it might be the solution for you too. But yours is blue so it wouldn't be pretty.. but I think you'll find that it is more usable on your strap anyways, and you probably would need some tape just to keep it there, even with a good clip. Certainly it would cut out a step or two when you strap into your guitar.

Thanks for the tips guys! 

@Steve Mavronis: Good idea, I'll be on the lookout for some old tape measures!

@dave: Thanks for the link to the belt clips.  Had to laugh when I saw the article above: "Clip-on pencil sharpeners"  ;D

@ghostsauce: I would get complicated with tape, cause I have the pots and switch in the way.

I was thinking about velcro, either with the loop side sewed to the guitar strap, or with a small velcro strap attached to the effect that I can wrap around the belt.. but I figured it would be stable enough.  I'll think of something.

tubelectron

QuoteDo you want to sell one of these?

Pigyboy : you can DIY my transistor meter   : the schematic is on the pictures... It would even work with cheaper mutimeters than the Flukes.

Thanks Magnus, and you're right : always another great pedals and finishes here... I stay amazed... I Hope all this killing finishes are abuse-resistant enough...

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

trad3mark

Quote from: phector2004 on August 01, 2010, 11:47:33 PM
trademark, that's a very clean layout you've got there!

what transistors + diodes are those? what about the yellow caps? where'd you get those from???

hope to see it done soon!

thanks! :) I just have a couple of things to lable on the vero and then i'll post it up.

The transistors are old russian GT404B Germaniums. I tried to get 4 with really similar hfe's, so they were 172, 174, 174 and 177. The diodes are old russian D18 Germanium Diffusion Diodes. I've a diode setting on my DMM that i don't know what it does, or if the reading is relevant. In anycase, i've 60 of those diodes, so after a good half hour of testing, i managed to get 4 that have the exact same reading. The yellow capacitors are poly caps that i pulled out of an old keyboard. Same with the green ones.

ghostsauce

Quote from: darron on August 02, 2010, 02:51:02 AM
An Optical Tremolo built with/for Petri Ruokari that he sprayed himself

haha, looks like an old mustang or something. Love it!  It's missing a tire though

frequencycentral/Slade

"And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown.
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone.
"