Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolly1423

Quote from: Galego on August 16, 2010, 03:44:15 PM
Quote from: Renegadrian on August 16, 2010, 03:35:01 PM
Two things always come to my mind when I see a fleur de lys

Fiorentina Football Club and Stratovarius!

I think of Milady De Winter in the Three Musketeers.
I think of the ring I had to make at work with a 4mm fluer on each side (I'm a jeweler)

jimmybjj

Phase 90. Kinda went crazy with sockets. Probably shoulda started this circuit with a breadboard  ;D My first attempt at making my guts look presentable. Any constructive comments are welcome. Two part epoxy finish.

Kearns892

Quote from: OwenF on August 15, 2010, 01:26:26 PM

Here they are: (sorry for the long post)

No need to apologize for the long post, only for having your first boxes come out so nice... Well done, and thanks for sharing!

azrael

Quote from: jimmybjj on August 16, 2010, 07:07:48 PM
Phase 90. Kinda went crazy with sockets. Probably shoulda started this circuit with a breadboard  ;D My first attempt at making my guts look presentable. Any constructive comments are welcome. Two part epoxy finish.
Looks great! How do you do an epoxy finish?

Talon5051

QuoteHow do you do an epoxy finish?
There is some good info to get you started in this thread:  http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=82192.0

jkokura

Quote from: Slade on August 15, 2010, 05:13:12 PM
Yeah, it's a decagon.
Well I don't really like the fleur de lis for a stompbox design, but I was asked to do one, so I tried to combine it's elegance with some more modern art and kind of an "electronic" font. Finally the flower is protagonist and it can be seen appart from the design or as a sum with the decagons "blooming" around it. I think it fits pretty well and causes a great impression at first sigh. So, did you like it?

Sorry, I simpy assumed it to be an octagon, didn't count the sides.

Slade, your work is always beautiful. I don't think anyone would deny you the crown for etching enclosures, and multicolour etches also. Rick get's the title for perf robot, and I think John has the most beautiful simple boxes and guts.

But I'm gonna be honest here Slade, this was the first of your pedals I think I've seen in a long time where I didn't quite get the design. I think it looks awesome, I just think there's a disconnect between the fleur de Lis and the 'Decagon' thing. It's a good try, and you were asked to do it, so I guess it works... Sorry man. I don't mean to come down on you, know that I greatly admire your work. I probably shouldn't have said anything...

Jacob

deadastronaut

OH MY GOD!...SLADE (THE ETCHMASTER LEGEND) HAS ACTUALLY BEEN CRITICISED....WTF?.. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

how dare you!.......... :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

darron

wow. that's ultra-classy looking jimmybjj.... i like it!
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Slade

Quote from: jkokura on August 17, 2010, 01:29:20 AM
Quote from: Slade on August 15, 2010, 05:13:12 PM
Yeah, it's a decagon.
Well I don't really like the fleur de lis for a stompbox design, but I was asked to do one, so I tried to combine it's elegance with some more modern art and kind of an "electronic" font. Finally the flower is protagonist and it can be seen appart from the design or as a sum with the decagons "blooming" around it. I think it fits pretty well and causes a great impression at first sigh. So, did you like it?

Sorry, I simpy assumed it to be an octagon, didn't count the sides.

Slade, your work is always beautiful. I don't think anyone would deny you the crown for etching enclosures, and multicolour etches also. Rick get's the title for perf robot, and I think John has the most beautiful simple boxes and guts.

But I'm gonna be honest here Slade, this was the first of your pedals I think I've seen in a long time where I didn't quite get the design. I think it looks awesome, I just think there's a disconnect between the fleur de Lis and the 'Decagon' thing. It's a good try, and you were asked to do it, so I guess it works... Sorry man. I don't mean to come down on you, know that I greatly admire your work. I probably shouldn't have said anything...

Jacob

SORRY, JACOB, I WON'T DISAPPOINT YOU AGAIN!

jacobyjd

See that you don't. We are most displeased.  :icon_wink:
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

flo

I've just finished building a Tri Vibe of RunOffGroove using a PCB made by André.
See also: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=81099.msg724358#msg724358
Samples: http://www.soundclick.com/flosounds
Picts:

blooze_man

Smash Drive. The knobs would have all lined up in a row but I didn't measure and they ended up being too big. I'm very happy with it as is though.

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

jkokura

I shouldn't have said anything....  :icon_neutral:

I never use smilies..

Slade, you could never dissapoint. I just didn't get it s'all...

Also, your English is pretty good. Did you study it or just picked up on it online?

Jacob

Slade

Quote from: jacobyjd on August 17, 2010, 11:15:21 AM
See that you don't. We are most displeased.  :icon_wink:

That really hurt.

Quote from: jkokura on August 17, 2010, 09:41:58 PM
I shouldn't have said anything....  :icon_neutral:

I never use smilies..

Slade, you could never dissapoint. I just didn't get it s'all...

Also, your English is pretty good. Did you study it or just picked up on it online?

Jacob

At age 12 I was playing english games in my computer (Command & Conquer Red Alert mostly...) with a dictionary beside me, so I started there...

I've learned a lot along the years answering to criticisms...............

;D

Zapp Brannigan

Here is my Soldano GTO clone, not in a box yet, but works fine.

markeebee

Quote from: Zapp Brannigan on August 18, 2010, 01:02:59 AM
Here is my Soldano GTO clone, not in a box yet, but works fine

That's awesome.

Q1: where did you get the tranny?

Q2: I know that it's safe, but having 200v+ squidged into a stompbox makes me want to wear rubber boots (as well as my usual rubber knickers). Will you box it up like a "normal" circuit or will there be any, I dunno, safety features?

Zapp Brannigan

Quote from: markeebee on August 18, 2010, 04:19:20 AM
That's awesome.
Q2: I know that it's safe, but having 200v+ squidged into a stompbox makes me want to wear rubber boots (as well as my usual rubber knickers). Will you box it up like a "normal" circuit or will there be any, I dunno, safety features?
;D Man, I wish you could know how frightened I was when a couple years ago I completed my first tube amplifier and turned it on! OMG, I have almost pissed my pants that time. Now I am more cold-blooded. :icon_cool:
A1: The trany was ordered from local manufacturer (I'm from Russia, so when I say local, I mean local for me here).
A2: Of course it has some features to prevent electrical shock. All potentially hazardous elements of the device are isolated, also it has a protective ground circuit, safety fuses, so there is nothing to worry about, I think.  

deadastronaut

Quote from: Zapp Brannigan on August 18, 2010, 04:42:50 AM
Quote from: markeebee on August 18, 2010, 04:19:20 AM
That's awesome.
;D Man, I wish you could know how frightened I was when a couple years ago I completed my first tube amplifier and turned it on! OMG, I have almost pissed my pants that time. Now I am more cold-blooded. :icon_cool:
A1: The trany was ordered from local manufacturer (I'm from Russia, so when I say local, I mean local for me here).
A2: Of course it has some features to prevent electrical shock. All potentially hazardous elements of the device are isolated, also it has a protective ground circuit, safety fuses, so there is nothing to worry about, I think.  

nice..would love to hear that.....
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

lazerphea

The urge to solder led me to use my last 6x10 piece of perfboard to make a LPB-1, while waiting for the supplies :p

I've added a 2M2ohm shunt resistor and changed the input capacitor from 100nF to 47nF, to let less low frequencies reach the 3904. If anyone is interested, here's my layout:

The schematic is the one from Beavis Audio

:)

ppatchmods

looks nice! i would slide that in my strat in a heartbeat!
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?