News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppcnostalgic

Quote from: LaceSensor on December 22, 2012, 08:25:28 AM
why are all your components floating off the board and how are the trimmer secured in the enclosure?

I leave comps floating off because it's easier for my bad sight to replace them when needed, the trimpots are Alpha 9mm pots and they are soldered by their metal case to a small iron plate with 2 drilled holes, inside of them there go the other 2 Alpha 16mm
pots, so when I strenght the 2 bolts even the plate gets stuck  :icon_razz:
Nice looking build...
Thank you!  :icon_biggrin:

kato

Ah thanks. That's trustworthy wiring. All these ultra-boutiquey insides are freaking me out a bit.  :icon_biggrin:

Lace Sensor, that's why I wanted to see guts too. I wondered how the pots without bushings were suspended. I was guessing duct tape, or hot glue, or something.  :)
If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

SmoothAction

Fantastic stuff as always John. Exceptional graphics.
"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

kato

QuoteAnd yes, my friend requested a few dicks on the enclosure...
LOL!

Quote from: Seljer on December 07, 2012, 06:24:34 PM
Not really a pedal but it is in a 1590B: an active DI box/buffer (from the schematic shown here http://sound.westhost.com/project35.htm )

Spent 40 minutes with a file to getting that XLR jack to fit  :P

I think in a 1590b counts. Extra credit for getting an XLR jack in there. Nearly zero clearance.

I just boxed up a DI in a 1590b too. Had to file down the lip to close the lid.

Countryman Fet 85 clone, aka the "Country Hick" - using Nicolay's layout. (Impressively compact compared to the size of the original Countryman.)

Instrument / amp input switchable from the front.

Labeled hella pro with paint markers.

Guts.
I skipped the "ground lift" switch. In retrospect, shoulda kept it. Next time.

kaycee

Quote from: g-sus on December 20, 2012, 08:08:53 AM

Texas Ranger

Love the look of this one, the wooden planking is impressive :icon_cool:

kaycee

This one is an EA tremolo with two speed selection on the fly. Right footswitch is the bypass, left toggles between two speed pots with a bi-colour LED to show which speed is engaged, the other LED above is rate for the one in operation.

Bit of an odd layout as I put it in a previously used box just to see how it worked. Its simple enough to do, just run the wire to the speed pot to a switch pole and then wire in your pots. The speed change is instant and no popping, easy peasy.

kato

I had to build a Madbean FatPants after seeing an enticing youtube demo.

Even without using it to hard-on a tube amp, it gives a great presence boost. I level matched the bypassed signal to see what it was doing tonewise.  Turning it off made me sad.   :'( Bravo Madbean!

Gut shot for the gorehounds:

merry xmas.

Jdansti

Here's jkokura's (Jacob) Scuba Muff fuzz I built for my brother-in-law as a Christmas gift. I put his kids pictures on it and labeled the switch that selects between two sets of clipping diodes with their names. The eyes of the respective kid light up depending on the switch position. Their family name is "Dial", so I used a play on words and called it the "Dial-a-Fuzz"

Rat's nest!!!

(Hmm... Not sure what that dark thing is next to the Gain text in these photos, but it was not a permanent mark. )

The enclosure is a 1590N, which is a little larger than a 1590B.  I would have had trouble getting it into a 1590B, but someone like Midwayfair (Jon P.) could probably do it.

The transistors are socketed, but the holes on the sockets I had didn't hold the transistor leads very well. A "shake test" caused one of the transistors to lose contact with the socket. I used a dab of hot glue between each transistor an adjacent component to secure them.

I originally tried Davnt's (Dave C.) toner transfer method using GAC-200, but the toner didn't stick well to the metal. I probably didn't allow it to dry long enough (8-hrs) before removing the paper. I was in a time crunch, so I used the easier direct photo paper glue-on method with 5 coats of spray-on varnish.

Here's the link to the build docs:
www.jmkpedals.com/JMK_Pedals/PCB_Projects_files/Scuba%20Muff.pdf
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

is evan marty feldman..? ;D

looks cool, and somewhat demonic.... :icon_twisted:

tiny leds?
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Muthauzem

Seems more like a giant LED for multiple tiny roles.  :icon_biggrin:

Jdansti

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 26, 2012, 04:13:14 PM
is evan marty feldman..? ;D

looks cool, and somewhat demonic.... :icon_twisted:

tiny leds?

Thanks Rob. LOL-I might have one of Evan's LEDs a little off. While doing this project, I realized the ability of our brains to pick up the tiniest misalignment of facial features.  I thought of making his eyes red, but opted for blue to keep with the blue theme.

I used regular 3mm LEDs for the eyes.  I drilled holes in the enclosure for each eye using a 0.8mm PCB drill bit before mounting the photo overlay.  I then hot glued LEDs over each hole inside the enclosure (one LED per eye). I had to mount the LED lenses perpendicular to the top due to the narrow viewing angle. The light just shines through the photo paper. I tried using plexiglass with one LED for each kid, but it didn't work well.
  • SUPPORTER

ashcat_lt

And now the whole Internet has pictures and full names for both of his kids...

Jdansti

Quote from: ashcat_lt on December 26, 2012, 06:09:45 PM
And now the whole Internet has pictures and full names for both of his kids...

I was sensitive to this and asked for and received their parents' permission before posting the photos.
  • SUPPORTER

davent

Nicely done John, Audrey looks postively possesessed when her eyes are lit up.

If you want to PM me with your toner transfer details maybe i can shed some light.

Happy New Year!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Jdansti

^Thanks Dave. I'll send you a PM soon.
  • SUPPORTER

Kesh

First foray into tubes

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Kesh on December 26, 2012, 06:58:51 PM
First foray into tubes

That's how I'm decorating for Christmas next year  \m/ :icon_twisted: \m/
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

midwayfair

^Nice work, John. I love creative LEDs. :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER