garcho

Roseblood, damnnnnn!!!!!!!!! Nice one.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Jdansti

+1!
Any sound clips?
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

@john cool as always... 8)

@rose: you could swing a 2mm cat around in that... ;D

:icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

midwayfair

Quote from: roseblood11 on January 03, 2013, 09:56:43 PM

My favorite part is the little bush-putton switch on the bottom.

Nice job getting all that in there.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

bluebunny

Here's my first build of the new year:

Alex's Dimension P chorus.  I'm quite liking the sound(s) of this one.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

THOMMO

Rebote 2.5 housed in a tin that a new wallet came in. I gave the lid a bit treatment with a hammer and sandpaper, inspired by the brand. No knobs yet.

The piece of paper is there to stop the PCB from shorting on anything.
Cheers, Jason.
May The Twang Be With You

John Lyons

Sam Ash Fuzz Stainer based.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

midwayfair

Joshua Tree Echo.

This was built by request for my friend Chris Stelloh, the Yuma Wray in Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray. Go check them out, killer vocals, and Erin (Miss Shevaugh) is also an excellent guitarist and fellow gearhead.
http://www.missshevaughnyumawray.com

1776 Effects Multiplex > 1776 Effects Rub-a-Dub > Madbean Fat Pants (on perf).

Despite being three circuits I've built before without issue, this build was full of twists and turns. If you want to see all the issues I had getting it working, I posted a more complete build report in Josh's corner of the Madbean forum.

Here's some of the mods and features:
  • The multiplex is wired for tails (only the delay line is bypassed -- all audio lines and the reverb are "always on").
  • The Fatpants is on perfboard with the switch and gain control board-mounted. (Only the output volume is external.)
  • Chris wanted an infinite repeats switch instead of the tape detune. Josh had a prototype board with an error in the detune stage that was perfect for this. There's a little trimpot that limits how quickly the oscillation happens.
  • Finally, I dropped the gain of the first op-amp stage in the Rub-a-Dub a little. This gives the circuit a little more headroom before distortion. Normally this would result in a volume drop, but with the Fatpants in series after it, that's not an issue. As an interesting side benefit, the Reverb level can get above unity. (So can the delay mix in this build, but that wasn't intentional either.)

It sounds quite glorious. I've spent several hours playing it over the week I've been working on it, and I really think my friend's going to like it.

About the art: My friend wanted something joshua tree (the actual tree) themed. I spent a week thinking about how I was going to do something cute with a desert. Then I showed a picture of a joshua tree to Lexa, who had never seen one, and she said, "It looks like a Dr. Suess tree." Woohoo! Some level of cuteness was thus established.

The enclosure is 1590C (same as a Tim). It was actually DIFFICULT to work with something so large, because it's so deep! The color is Moss Gray (kind of greenish-gray, the panel picture is the closest to the in-person color), and bright greens and yellows really pop on the background.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Tone Tested Designs

^ Wow that pedal has it all + an awsome paint job

hope to see a demo video for it

timd

Quote from: midwayfair on January 05, 2013, 11:40:12 AM
    Joshua Tree Echo.

This was built by request for my friend Chris Stelloh, the Yuma Wray in Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray. Go check them out, killer vocals, and Erin (Miss Shevaugh) is also an excellent guitarist and fellow gearhead.
http://www.missshevaughnyumawray.com

1776 Effects Multiplex > 1776 Effects Rub-a-Dub > Madbean Fat Pants (on perf).

Despite being three circuits I've built before without issue, this build was full of twists and turns. If you want to see all the issues I had getting it working, I posted a more complete build report in Josh's corner of the Madbean forum.

Here's some of the mods and features:
  • The multiplex is wired for tails (only the delay line is bypassed -- all audio lines and the reverb are "always on").
  • The Fatpants is on perfboard with the switch and gain control board-mounted. (Only the output volume is external.)
  • Chris wanted an infinite repeats switch instead of the tape detune. Josh had a prototype board with an error in the detune stage that was perfect for this. There's a little trimpot that limits how quickly the oscillation happens.
  • Finally, I dropped the gain of the first op-amp stage in the Rub-a-Dub a little. This gives the circuit a little more headroom before distortion. Normally this would result in a volume drop, but with the Fatpants in series after it, that's not an issue. As an interesting side benefit, the Reverb level can get above unity. (So can the delay mix in this build, but that wasn't intentional either.)

It sounds quite glorious. I've spent several hours playing it over the week I've been working on it, and I really think my friend's going to like it.

About the art: My friend wanted something joshua tree (the actual tree) themed. I spent a week thinking about how I was going to do something cute with a desert. Then I showed a picture of a joshua tree to Lexa, who had never seen one, and she said, "It looks like a Dr. Suess tree." Woohoo! Some level of cuteness was thus established.

The enclosure is 1590C (same as a Tim). It was actually DIFFICULT to work with something so large, because it's so deep! The color is Moss Gray (kind of greenish-gray, the panel picture is the closest to the in-person color), and bright greens and yellows really pop on the background.
What a great project! So much cool in one box. Video?[/list]

rollo greb

Quote from: John Lyons on January 05, 2013, 11:17:46 AM
Sam Ash Fuzz Stainer based.

Wow that looks sweet. Where are the knobs from?

midwayfair

John Lyons

^ Wow that looks sweet. Where are the knobs from?

I made them from off-the-shelf knobs. Ground the skirt off...
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

haveyouseenhim

Just finished this yesterday for a local music shop owner. He loved it. He had to show it off to everyone that walked in :D
I'm really disappointed with the waterslide though. It didn't show up like that till after the clear coat :icon_cry:

It's a magnavibe made from nocentelli's layout     I called it GT Vibes because his initials are GT

I love the knobs.... they came off of an ancient Peavey PA head...Solid aluminum, which is a nice change from plastic cored knobs. I used a cut off pot shaft in my drill press to spin them with some super fine steel wool to restore them without damaging them.

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Nikolay

Dear friends,
I am delighted to present N-Audio latest development - the ultimate stomp box power supply unit. Extensive efforts had been put into the development of what is a flexible, capable, yet ergonomic unit, designed to consistently ensure best possible performance of your beloved stomp box effect units. And it looks good too :)

Please, see the detailed feature list and owner's manual at our web site:
Powerbox Mk2 - stompbox power supply | N-audio Custom Guitar Electronics

There is also the schematics of this unit.

roseblood11

Great build, but do you think that the prizing will work? It's unfair, but you compete with a chinese product like the Fame DCT-200, which sells for 49€... It lacks the 18V-Outputs and the good filtering for the ultra-low-noise outputs, but it has two outputs with a sag-control, a 12 AC output and the transformer has individual secondarys for each output, what means that you can switch the voltage for every output individually.

Nikolay

For a supply for 50 euro you get exactly something which cost 50 euro. In my opinion just for a comparison check the prices of voodoo lab pedal power 2, T-rex fuel tank or Palmer PWT12.
Cheaper supplies has not galvanic isolated outputs and are made with cheap parts, very cheap transformer cheap enclosure etc.
I make this supply, so I think that sag control is not 100% necessary for most cases.
There are 5 independent galvanic isolated groups and each one has 2 outputs.
You can select different output voltage using the small dip switch.

Thanks, Niki

Skruffyhound

Looking good Niki. Looks reliable. I like the website, good presentation of facts and, as far as I read, good English, which really makes a difference to me. I know perhaps it shouldn't be such a big deal, but I can't help thinking, when I read a document with spelling mistakes and bad grammar, that if they didn't make the effort to get it right perhaps they didn't make that much effort with the product either. Your English is fine Niki, but I know it's not your first language. Good job on the box and the website

Roseblood - good God! What is in that last box. It looks ...sentient  :icon_eek:

bluebunny

@Mike: nice bit of knob-polishing there...   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: bluebunny on January 07, 2013, 10:31:04 AM
@Mike: nice bit of knob-polishing there...   ;)

If there's one thing I'm good at....... :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.