Behringer pedals out...

Started by brad, August 24, 2005, 03:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson

The law suit with roland must be working???
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

radio

Hmm

This might be German sense of humour,

after all,...they may know you in some way.

e-bay is full of their stuff meanwhile!
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

puretube

err, I wonder if these "vintage" pedals have anything to do with the well-respected B*ss line of pedals... :

(pic from april, 2005)

puretube

Quote from: radio...they may know you in some way...

yes, that mail-order company knows me since ~20 years - spent over $ 50.000 on P.A. & studio-equipment there over the time...

http://search.ebay.de/behringer-vintage-phaser_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8 :?:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=behringer+vintage+phaser :?:

nelson

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

radio

Obviously I entered a different search ,of which I only remember

"buy now" and "worldwide". I doubt such an amount of withdraw

is possible,so I apologize and try to find entire reference at home!

Greetings JMErnzer
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

nelson

strange the ebay auctions dont show the *actual* pedals. Just those crappy CGI ones on the boreinger website.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

radio

Anyway,

I guess anyone who had,tried,or played EH-Products will not be tricked

I play my BigMuff and StonePhaser everyday.

On the Bor*inger side,at least inEurope ,many players were not happy

with the Vamp sounds and will not be tempted to try other"developments"

of this manufacturer.

Greetings JMErnzer
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

JimRayden

Quote from: radio

On the Bor*inger side,at least inEurope ,many players were not happy

with the Vamp sounds and will not be tempted to try other"developments"

of this manufacturer.

Greetings JMErnzer
´

Well, after designing Vamp, B* has done lots of "research" on guitar sounds and effects, so the new ones might not be that bad at all. :)

----------
Jimbo

puretube

Quote from: nelson...
The shameless roland rip offs are out....

in my eyes I gotta admit they don`t look like cheap dirty B*ss-rip-offs anymore...

JimRayden

Yeah, it's a good thing they rounded off those corners. :)

Though I still like the rough shape of the pedals of the original manufacturer more.

I think I might try them out once they hit the local store here.

To think of it, the "scandal" and the lawsuit was an excellent marketing campaign for the new pedal. Now everyone are buying them to just "try 'em out" and see if it sounds anywhere near like the opponent's thing. I can't deny, there is a possibility it might even match up.

----------
Jimbo

Storing!

Still there is an upside

I remember being 14 and have to scrape very very hard to buy a c505 chorus and even more expensive then a ad80 echo.

My youngest plays guitar and even he at 11 can afford to buy pedals like this that are expensive (think mudulation echo pitch shifting etc) in other versions. Gives him a broad base to experiment with his own stuff (besides what I build for him) . He doesn't gig that much ;) so this is a good deal for him. He will be older when he learnes to appreciate ruggedness etc and will see why some stuff is more expensive.

Same goes for guitars. A lot of cheap guitars are really good value for money and they allow kids to experiment more and have more fun in music.

(To bad the older one plays drums.;) )
Eric

RedHouse

Yeah, that DMCA is a joke, read the thing, it's an open ended legal tool that shouldn't have been signed into law in it's present form.

Anyone who programs in any higher level language copies code, period.
(with the possible exception of Assembly)

It's all copying, you have to in order to utilize the languages, oh sure you can make a class or object of your own and customize it with all sorts of things ...but... you will copy others code to compile for a platform.

In fact you can't use a runtime library or anyones DLL without copying code, they have specfic entry points and access functions, the minute you invoke a function to access a DLL you have copied code. In fact with MFC and C# you can make entire applications with other peoples code.

That DMCA is a JOKE pulled on the public in disguise to allow businesses to strong-arm anyone that threatens them...period.

I just can't wait until the pendulum of life swings back the other way and things like the DMCA and those software license agreements are thrown out as too vague, lop-sided and withour remedy for the consumer.

They (industry) will fight it with all their power and money because when the consumer protection movement gets rolling in the software world and the companies are found liable for crappy application code... well things will change only then.

FYI: Windows 2000 shipped with 1800 known bugs (bugs logged in the Product Studio database) which were put off as "won't fix" because it would interfere with the ship schedule. Does the DMCA allow for any remedy for the millions of consumers who purchased an operating system, on good faith (expecting it to be reasonably free of defects) which was shipped with known defects? then these consumers got dribbled-out fixes through Windows Update and service packs.

Detroit has to recall every single copy of their product when something is found defective, and the media and courts put the absolute presure on finding out if their defect was "known".

The law works in the consumers favor when known defects are intentionaly invoked upon the public in any other area of consumer products ...except software and Hollywood. These folks are getting things implemented in Law that shouldn't be allowed, and wouldn't with a sane'er generation of lawmakers.

In 20 years when the lawmakers are more the current generation of computer savvy folks they won't be fooled like the current group, and hopefully they will "fix" things like the DMCA!.

...end of rant.

brad

I could never afford pedals when I was a youngster, and still don't have much to spend on them 10 years later!

What I don't understand is, if they're SMD, then there must be a lot of room left over in the enlosure.  That's why I can't wait to see a gut shot!

puretube

brad

nooneknows

I know it will not be cool, but I'm planning to buy a lot of them... (the reverb one is the most interesting to me).
Let's face it, we're here for the TONE, out of a bunch of them, for that price, I'm sure there must be something good.

jimmy

has anyone tried or heard anything about the hellbabe wah? it sounds like an absolute DREAM for a diyer, optical control, frequency, boost, range knobs, switchless... if you could crack it open and just keep choice parts of the circuit (the switchless operation for example) and scrap the wah part and wire a vox wah in there instead, it sounds like itd be a pretty mean machine.
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

aaronkessman

that review is just about exactly what I expected.

JimRayden

Quote from: Storing!Still there is an upside

I remember being 14 and have to scrape very very hard to buy a c505 chorus and even more expensive then a ad80 echo.

My youngest plays guitar and even he at 11 can afford to buy pedals like this that are expensive (think mudulation echo pitch shifting etc) in other versions. Gives him a broad base to experiment with his own stuff (besides what I build for him) . He doesn't gig that much ;) so this is a good deal for him. He will be older when he learnes to appreciate ruggedness etc and will see why some stuff is more expensive.

Same goes for guitars. A lot of cheap guitars are really good value for money and they allow kids to experiment more and have more fun in music.

(To bad the older one plays drums.;) )

My point of view is this: You don't have to have everything! The cheaper everything get and the higher the salaries go, the more stuff people can afford. Can you spell s-p-o-i-l-e-d? :P No offence but I think one should practice and advance in music BEFORE getting The Tone and every piece of gear imaginable.  If there's no place to advance in gear anymore, the developement in playing will also suffer. Just my angle of view... Maybe that's because I'm dirt poor and build my own gear to achieve better sound at clubs. It requires work. Not rich daddy. :)

On the other hand, they're great toys for kids. I'll buy one for my first child to chew on. :)

----------
Jimbo