Previous topic - Next topic

SolderBoy

how about this one:

The Ripple Effect

Nasse

• SUPPORTER

Transmogrifox

trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

D Wagner

Here is my two cents worth;

TritonTrem
Triton Tremolo

In Greek mythology, Triton is the son of Poseidon and Amphitrite and lives with them in a golden palace in the depths of the sea. He rides the waves on horses and sea monsters and he carries a twisted conch shell, upon which he blows either violently or gently, to stir up or calm the waves. Triton is represented as having the body of a man with the tail of a fish, but sometimes also with the forefeet of a horse.

Derek

Dai H.

Dai H.

WermooZ

maybe something different - snake harmer tremolo -  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
<H.O.R.H> / ...eloheyaalashawe... - My BACKBONE hurts - I'm looking for new one, size 182 cm.

dr

......ok, here's another one (mmmm)...."Tremson and Clo-o-o-o-ver".......(yeah I know....but I sure could use that fifty bucks right now; I'm out of pain meds, and insurance won't cover any more for this month!)...........dr

dr

....how about "Maximus Volumous Re Interruptis",,,or: Trembulus Rumbulus Excelsior Modulatus".....(TREM for short)......gotta go to bed now........or Trem-Pi-r-square?.....bye bye!

squidsquad

formerMember1

My favorite so far is "The Ripple Effect" from SolderBoy, that has a very unique quality to it.  Not to harsh or soft sounding.  It is like the name fuzzface, very unique and catchy.  If you pick "The Ripple Effect" maybe you could add a teensy bit of echo which would suit the name better and also make the effect more appealing to musicians.(almost like a slapback echo/reverbish) :wink:

If you want to get really catchy and play off of "the ripple effect" name you could label the reverb/echo pot  "Splash"

As for my suggestions only ones i could think of was something like "whiplash" if it is a really throaty heavy sounding tremolo or some kind of name that refers to those little Hawaiian Hula Girl Dancers you put on the dashboard of your car that go "wobble wobble" for a softer smoother sounding tremolo.(Come on Aron, there's gotta be a Hawaiian name for tremolo.)

Another idea that might spark a name is a name that summarizes the relationship between the Moon and the Sea. You know, how the Moon pulls the ocean water to one side, then the other side, that is why there is tides.  (Thought of it while listening to an album called Electric Ladyland,
Maybe you guys heard of it?)

Moonbeams, Moontide, Riptide, etc..(<------i know they suck :lol: )

I can't really think of any good names, :cry:  but maybe i sparked some inspiration in someone by my lengthy post. :wink:

formerMember1

QuoteMountain Dingy

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now, everytime i think of that word i laugh

Harry

The Undulator
Wave Shifter
Wave Surfer
Swell Tremolo
Trellemellow
Crappé Frappé
True Blue Tremolo

jimbob

"pulp wiggles"
"jelly belly"
"fatty mc wiggles"
"belly dancer"
"sea-zure" like seizure
"sparkling heartattache"
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

JimRayden

Oh yeah, the Belly Dancer by Jimbob was a good one.

Now on to my variants.

First of all, you have the I-Ran-Out-Of-Names-For-My-Pedals variant. :)

- Shaker-Maker

- T.N.T. ("That Nasty Tremolo" (or any other adjective beginning with "N"))

- Automatic Volume Controlling Pedal (call the jacks "instrument" and "amplifier" and paint it brown - voila - instant vintage pedal)

- Coughing Parrot. Of course, that would need an integrated fuzz effect.

- Cool Vibes

- Thomas T. Tremolson, Thomas McTremolo

- Fred (I've always wanted to call things "Fred". :P Plus, you'll have the advantage of using the Fender font and have that fender-ish capital "F" in front of the name.)

-----------
Jimbo

jimbob

Yes! The coughing parrot rocks!!

I also wanted to add a few more:

"dyslexic nose bleed" or DSB

"Slippery fat girl"

"Drunk Pig"

"Damaged Equillibruim"

"Shakey Sanchez"
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

puretube

the "RIPPLER"

(hehe, little rip-off by me, after so many guys love to use a "wiggle..." -combination  :P )

JimRayden

Quote from: jimbobYes! The coughing parrot rocks!!

I also wanted to add a few more:

"dyslexic nose bleed" or DSB

"Slippery fat girl"

"Drunk Pig"

"Damaged Equillibruim"

"Shakey Sanchez"

LOL, now we're getting creative. No more tremble/tremolous/trem/etc combinations, now it's all about names. :D It's gonna be rude.

I laughed my arse off over your second variant. :D

I still think Fred will win any name contest out there.

----------
Jimbo

moosapotamus

Pitter Patter

Tinkle Toe

Stutter Blaster

AntiMatter

The Happy Spanker

Intermittent Johnson

Periodic Smile

Bits 'n' Pieces

Pull My Finger