Need a little help 2 questions with Boosts

Started by erick4x4, September 01, 2005, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erick4x4

Ok first the easy one, so I finally got my minibooster working.  I have found that I think it is just about perfect for my strats and teles, and too muddy for my les paul or SG.

I have been reading about lowering C2, any suggestions? I might even put in a rotary switch.

Now the harder problem.  I am working on a mosfet boost. And it is not working right. I have found that at max gain, it is lower than bypassed, but it is at least working somewhat.  The gain control works, it  just is way to low all the way around.

I measured at test point A, and got 4.55, so that seemed fine.

Here are the only changes I made.  I didn't have a 47pf, so I used a 22 pf that I had around.  Also, C1 is .0015 (I doubt the tolerance).

I also am not sure if my zener is right, I have even messed with removing it, how will that play in?

I am new but learning, any advice?

petemoore

I also am not sure if my zener is right, I have even messed with removing it, how will that play in?
  It's threr for mosfet protection, you probably wont blow a mosfet...I don't think I've gone without the Protection diode and had N/p, I still have a Large Pile of 2n7000's..I haven't figure out what to do with.,,
 The other voltages might make a difference [mosfet G/S], the symptoms sound like bias issue.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

C1 at the base of the Jfet which doesn't let current throug to speak of might be hard to get usable bass cut from as an input cap, I tried .0047uf and left it larger.
 C2 is a good one to mess with
 C3 will tell how much bass gets out of the circuit.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.