News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

yjm 308--

Started by jimbob, September 10, 2005, 11:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I realized after opening this thing and making it true bypass w led and boss style jack(drilled a larger one where the other was) and socket for the ic and sockets for the diodes that -- I wanted to make my own board. I used to think that the boss pedals were made with cheap/flimsy traces. DOD really takes it on this one. That explains the price though. So..due to a lack of faith in this board I am going to etch another and re use everything else thats on it except the resistors. Anyone else have any problems w DOD copper board traces?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

p1_ind

I owned a DOD 250 reissue which is very similar in design and had a few pads come up when I was doing some mods.

So if you are going to do a lot of mods to it I would suggest either using sockets for the components you plan on experimenting with or like you said etch a better quality PCB.

Good luck,
Adam

jimbob

Im glad to know Im not the only one. I thought I was better than to mess up traces that easy.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Strat Cat

I just modified my 308 and I didn't have any problem at all. I even replaced all of the resistors with metal film types and didn't have a single solder pad lift on me. I'm really happy with the results.

dosmun

You could also build one using stripboard.  IMO with such a simple circuit you would be better off starting from scratch than modding if the traces are that flimsy.

jimbob

I decided- I like my work more than DOD's. Ill etch my own!