Does anyone know how to do a Script Mod in a Phase 90?

Started by 10acErnie, September 10, 2005, 06:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10acErnie

10acErnie

Thanks Andrew!

I tried to search for "Script Mod mxr Phase 90" and got this result:
"No topics or posts met your search criteria"

I think I need work on my search skillz!

Strat Cat

Clip one end of these components to remove them from the circuit.

The Tone God

Your welcome. I'm sure it was in there somewhere.

This forum's search engine is very litterial. If you get too specific will get less or no results. When that happens try knocking off a few of the overly specific terms and give it a shot.

Good luck. :)

Andrew

Lee_ranaldo

The original PHASE 90 doesn't use 1% tolerance resistors, or poly film caps.

try to use ceramics and tantalum caps for it,  i have a picture of an old Script logo Phase 90 and doesn't use polyfilm at all.

(maybe i'm wrong)

i have an old post from harmony central, the guy said how to do the script mod on modern boards. It came directly from dunlop.

good luck

vanhansen

If you remove C11 and C12, change R7 (150k) to about 130k to make it unity gain.  I had to do this to my RI because the signal was too hot coming out.  It sounds much smoother now.  R7 is right above C12.

And, these mods will not make it like the script version.  It will get it closer, but not exactly.  There's way too many differences between the script version and the modern reissue.
Erik

cd

Quote from: vanhansenAnd, these mods will not make it like the script version.  It will get it closer, but not exactly.  There's way too many differences between the script version and the modern reissue.

It's all explained on the 2nd page of the 4th link in Tone God's post above.

vanhansen

Quote from: cd
Quote from: vanhansenAnd, these mods will not make it like the script version.  It will get it closer, but not exactly.  There's way too many differences between the script version and the modern reissue.

It's all explained on the 2nd page of the 4th link in Tone God's post above.

Yup.  I remember when you did all that.  I was meaning to ask you about using that info on my site.  I took all of that, plus the images, and made a phase 90 comparison page.  Unfortunately it ends at the mystery of where the extra parts go, but it at least shows the differences between them all.
Erik