I'll tell you what Futurlec are good for....

Started by Toney, September 18, 2005, 07:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toney

POTS!

Just got an order perfectly filled in 8 days . Stacks of good quality 16mm pots marked "alpha" all 66c Australian or 50c US. Bargain!
They also now list 1n34a's on the Aussie website 10 for 66c.

I think a lot of the problem people have had with these guys is their policy of holding over orders until out of stock items arrive. That and "average" communication skills.
Keep the order simple and it can work out great.

Melanhead

hmmm... haven't tried 'em but I might try an order just for pots :)

Dan N

Toney

Toney

Forgot to mention.

Shipping was nominal too. Something like $3 or $4 for 25 pots , 12 vero board and some diodes.

Ships outta Thailand.. very cheap, you...

audioguy

Quote from: ToneyShips outta Thailand.. very cheap, you...
Ive rcvd orders that have shipped from Thailand, Australia and Florida, (I think it was FL) all that to say I get pretty good service.

If your order is waiting for a part, just send em an Email and tell them to remove that part, and ship it. They did it for me on something that was holding the order up for 11 days now without shipping.

Just my .02

AG

nelson

Quote from: audioguy
Quote from: ToneyShips outta Thailand.. very cheap, you...
Ive rcvd orders that have shipped from Thailand, Australia and Florida, (I think it was FL) all that to say I get pretty good service.

If your order is waiting for a part, just send em an Email and tell them to remove that part, and ship it. They did it for me on something that was holding the order up for 11 days now without shipping.

Just my .02

AG

I did the same.

One other thing, they dont know what 3PDT toggle switches are...they send SPDT....
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

analog kid

"other thing, they dont know what 3PDT toggle switches are...they send SPDT"

Yes I use them ALOT! And they definitely have this problem. They did this to me on a bunch of 3PDT toggles that I ordered @ 35cent each . I got all SPDT instead and it took 2-3 MONTHS to finally get the big red 3PDT's in their place as well as many emails to make it happen.  Positive thing was, I did end up with a nice pile of  SPDT ON/ON's for my trouble.
when they mess up  and DO make it right they definitely don't harrass over their lost $$. Also on the HOLDING of orders for out of stock stuff. YES TRUE. I waited 14days once before an order even shipped , before realizing that they were waiting on ONE 12cent capacitor before sending it!!  Not the only time that happened either. And another Posisitive , when I have told them to NOT WAIT and Just SHIP NOW , they have always not only complied but also paid the $$ for reshipping the out of stock items too.!!
Overall , yes order processing is sometimes if-ffy and wires do get crossed BUT I highly recommend them!!! Just don't order components that are needed STAT! order pots switches resistors mylar caps , $1.50 plastic enclosures for project ,etc.. long before running out and to stock up and you're golden!! ;)
btw I have been looking for uses for the 3P toggles besides effects switching via toggle rather than stomp for some project effects and stuff that stays on  typically (ie; Orange squeezer, rangemaster,etc..)  Does anyone know any cool uses or wiring setups using these , for maybe DIODE CLIPPING Switching or cap switching  or something??
See the man with the stage fright, just standing up there to give it all his might..

trjones1

I went on their website and noticed that they show whether or not items are in stock.  Can  you trust this or does it sometimes show out of stock items as "in stock"?  You can't beat those pots, and certain ic's are a very good deal too.

For a long time I actually assumed the name of the company was FutureTec and "futurelec" was just a derogatory nickname, as in "Future-[wretching sound]".  I spent 5 minutes typing in www.futuretec.com and variations before I realized that the name of the company might actually be Futurelec.

Hal

it seems like many more people were having problems with them like 6 months ago.

they expanded their inventory, and maybe their time also..>?

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: Toney on September 18, 2005, 07:43:46 AM
POTS!

They also now list 1n34a's on the Aussie website 10 for 66c.

yeah, I fell for that.  I ordered 4 sets of ten, and they sent me 4 individual diodes that dont look like 1n34a diodes.  I sent them a nice email and they said they would send the other 36 out, so we'll see if I have the right parts or not.

Also, I was confused by the number of different address' they have.  The envelope address said new york, the invoice address said australia, but the city on the post mark said san diego?! 
Try a little tenderness.

Toney

Maybe I'm just lucky or something, but every order I have had has come within 5 to 8 days.
And ..... the one time I had an issue with a part they politely credited me and allowed me to reselect.
The replacements came within 5 days too. Mind you, I keep it simple and order what they appear to have real value with; pots , boards and boxes.  :icon_biggrin:
Those Wima caps are looking good though.......

troubledtom

i hate them , phuck them :icon_evil:
         - tom