Email Notification of Replies To A Post?! Not me.

Started by Paul Marossy, September 27, 2005, 05:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Anyone else not getting any at all?

aron

aron

Paul Marossy

Didn't get a notification for either of those posts. I do have email notification turned on in my profile, too.  ???

formerMember1

TELEFUNKON

they point towards 3 or 4 different 404s or errors...
+ to 2 diff. "old" forums...

formerMember1

Paul Marossy

Paul Marossy

It really sucks that I don't get email notifications!  >:(

What's the deal with the settings in your profile "Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply" in the "Notifications and email" section? Should that box not be checked to get email notifications of a reply to a post?

formerMember1

check your spam folder. 

Quote"Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply" in the "Notifications and email" section?

That should be checked.  What this means is say i reply to this thread, then someone else does, and someones else again, and so on.  You will only get one email, instead of getting an email for every reply and filling up your mailbox.  :icon_wink:

My email notifications used to work when i first became a member, then it didn't, and it keeps going back and forth. when we got the new forum, it didn't work most of the time, but now it does.  If you get them in the future, read the email and immediatley delete, because if your old mail is filled with these emails then the mail box will recognize it as spam.  :icon_wink:

Paul Marossy

QuoteThat should be checked.  What this means is say i reply to this thread, then someone else does, and someones else again, and so on.  You will only get one email, instead of getting an email for every reply and filling up your mailbox.

Then I don't know what the problem is. Uggghhh!  >:(

QuoteIf you get them in the future, read the email and immediatley delete, because if your old mail is filled with these emails then the mail box will recognize it as spam.

That's what I have always done. I hope I do get some in the future!

aron

Paul, hold off right now.

This might be because of the diypedals.com vs. diystompboxes.com domain stopgap.

Let's see in a day or so.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: aron on September 28, 2005, 01:02:05 PM
Paul, hold off right now.

This might be because of the diypedals.com vs. diystompboxes.com domain stopgap.

Let's see in a day or so.

Aye, that would make sense. Thanks!

aron

aron

aron

Paul,

Are you getting notifications? It's working for me.

Paul Marossy