Email Notification of Replies To A Post?! Not me.

Started by Paul Marossy, September 27, 2005, 05:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanhansen

Erik

A.S.P.

Analogue Signal Processing

vanhansen

Now, as long as he hasn't read the thread yet, he should one email saying there was a reply......hopefully.
Erik

Paul Marossy

Bad news - still no email notifications. BTW, when I replied to this last post, I checked that "notify" box and it asked me if I wanted to disable notify, so it is indeed on. This is very strange, not to mention frustrating.  :icon_sad:

A.S.P.

aron

vanhansen

Well dang.  The only thing I can think of is some sort of spam filtering but since it worked on phpBB, it should be fine.  They're coming from the same URL......ahhhh, but is the email address they are from the same?
Erik

Paul Marossy

Quote from: vanhansen on October 04, 2005, 01:58:48 PM
Well dang.  The only thing I can think of is some sort of spam filtering but since it worked on phpBB, it should be fine.  They're coming from the same URL......ahhhh, but is the email address they are from the same?

I don't think it's spam filtering at my email address, either. Why would they email address that they are from matter?

bryantabuteau

spam filters have many different variables, and some check that the email address its from isn't from a list of banned networks, and others check that the email is *actually* from the network it says its from.   In any case, I doubt its a spam thing.  I'm not receiving email notifications, and I have complete transparency and access to my email servers, and nothing is being blocked on my end.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: bryantabuteau on October 04, 2005, 05:42:48 PM
spam filters have many different variables, and some check that the email address its from isn't from a list of banned networks, and others check that the email is *actually* from the network it says its from.   In any case, I doubt its a spam thing.  I'm not receiving email notifications, and I have complete transparency and access to my email servers, and nothing is being blocked on my end.

Must be the forum software or something? Well, Aron is checking into it - we'll see what he finds.  :icon_cool:

bryantabuteau

hahah....I just received a notification about that reply.  amusing.

aron

QuoteWell dang.  The only thing I can think of is some sort of spam filtering but since it worked on phpBB, it should be fine.  They're coming from the same URL......ahhhh, but is the email address they are from the same?

The email address is only one variable. The ip of the mail server is anther.

Here's something we can try. Paul, I will make you an email address, now all you do is simply replace your current email address with the one I give you and lets see if you get notifications. Check your PM for more details.

aron

Paul Marossy

I just changed my email address. Time will tell if that does the trick...  :icon_cool:

aron

Sorry, I peeked into your mail. IT WORKED!!!!!!!

I think that means the server IS sending to your old address, it's being filtered.

A.S.P.

peeping in here - testing - g`night from this side o`world...

Paul Marossy

Quote from: aron on October 04, 2005, 06:42:24 PM
Sorry, I peeked into your mail. IT WORKED!!!!!!!

I think that means the server IS sending to your old address, it's being filtered.

OK. As a test, I am changing my spam blocker settings to see if they are indeed being sent to my email address.

A.S.P.

ready? - then hold your mailbox - it`s bound to explode!!!
(if that was the reason...)

Paul Marossy

I think it's more like imploding A.S.P. - three new replies so far since I've changed stuff and still nothing. They are going into a email blackhole where the pull of gravity is so strong that my emails get swallowed up and never arrive at their destination...  :icon_wink:

aron

At this point you need to check with your ISP. I think it's being filtered out at that level, not at your computer. If you have webmail, check your account using webmail before you check mail with your computer.