"Scored" .... big time !! ( update )

Started by MartyMart, October 12, 2005, 09:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

Photo's :
http://www.pbase.com/image/50629239
http://www.pbase.com/image/50629381
http://www.pbase.com/image/50629431

I was given a large "chunk" of desk a while ago and have finally started to take
parts from it.
Each channel gives me 13 pots/knobs and several socketed op-amps/caps/LED's
I have another 14 to go and also a 32 channel "chunk" yet to be collected !!!
I think I'm fine for 10k/47k and 100k pots for a while :D
The 100k's are also reverse log, which could be nice.
Some have "detents" and some are dual gang, so far they all seem to work fine.

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Herr Masel

Damn, couldn't you sell it and use the money for even more parts though? I am in a similar situation, I found a [bass, PA, no idea] amp in the street a few weeks ago. Someone got to the speaker before me but there is still the cab and electronics and everything. I don't know if to take it apart and use the parts or sell it and give the money to our small venue/rehearsal room. I'll probably sell it.

MartyMart

No, the original thread explains, it was basicly "junked" as a replacement PSU was £400  !!!
The guy just "downsized" and bought a used mackie.
Its either "trash it" or "remove parts" and trash the chassis !

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

jmusser

When you were telling me about this the other day, and the huge amount of stuff you were getting off of it, I still didn't picture anything that big. Wow, that is a monster chunk of electronics!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

MartyMart

Quote from: jmusser on October 12, 2005, 12:46:58 PM
When you were telling me about this the other day, and the huge amount of stuff you were getting off of it, I still didn't picture anything that big. Wow, that is a monster chunk of electronics!

Yeah I know  !!
I feel embarassed by the amount, now I've posted pics !  :icon_redface:
Want some pots ?  :icon_wink:

Marty.

vanhansen

OMG....how do you come across this stuff?  That is a major score.  The only stuff I ever got was dead VCR's and the only thing I really salvaged off them were the capacitors.  Everything else is too low voltage for my use.
Erik

Joe Kramer

Hey Marty,

Nice Score!  Any transformers in that behemoth?  If so, I'd be happy to take a few off your
hands. . . .   :icon_biggrin:
Solder first, ask questions later.

www.droolbrothers.com

MartyMart

Quote from: vanhansen on October 12, 2005, 02:28:48 PM
OMG....how do you come across this stuff?  That is a major score.  The only stuff I ever got was dead VCR's and the only thing I really salvaged off them were the capacitors.  Everything else is too low voltage for my use.

Just a friend with a broken old desk !
Like most electronic products, when its "duff" it's not any use to anyone
but the likes of us !!
Very lucky I guess :D
I have just channels, no transformers/PSU parts

M