OC44's "tested" and "cheap" on EBAY !!!-UPDATE-

Started by MartyMart, October 19, 2005, 03:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5818595154&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:12

Just ordered a couple of pairs, at £4.95 a pair with guaranteed hfe/leakage this is
quite a good deal !
I've seen untested ones going for £15 .... EACH !!
Gold can/ Mil spec .......

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

chrishopkins

Hey they only live just up the road from me!  I've bought a pair too.

BTW Hi Marty!  Long time no see

GVC

chrishopkins

I bought a pair - guess I'll have to build that positive ground FF now - might build a hybrid silicon/germanium

would it be best to have Q1 as the germanium or Q2?

MartyMart

Quote from: chrishopkins on October 19, 2005, 12:23:35 PM
I bought a pair - guess I'll have to build that positive ground FF now - might build a hybrid silicon/germanium

would it be best to have Q1 as the germanium or Q2?

Q2 will give you more of the "Ge" tone as its driven into fuzz by Q1

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

barret77

the seller won't ship to the US...

If anyone buy an extra and want to sell to me, I want just one (two won't hurt, but one is fine...) - just PM me...

thanks a lot, really!

formerMember1

Quotethe seller won't ship to the US...

If anyone buy an extra and want to sell to me, I want just one (two won't hurt, but one is fine...) - just PM me...

Same goes for me too!! If anyone wants to buy me some (one or more) i will buy them back off ya,(you might even make some profit)

Please check with barret77 first then me!

thanks a bunch  :D

i will pay shipping, and what ever you payed for the transistor, plus a dollar and 50 cents per transistor more.  SO if you sell me 4 transistors you make $6.00 profit for helping me out.   :D

**EDIT**
how much is "£4.95" in US dollars?

tungngruv

Ya know, Steve at Smallbearelec.com has NOS rangemaster germanium PNP, NPN, the glass OC44 and the NPN equivelant.  And he does ship to USA :icon_lol:

Seriously, with the small component businesses getting scarcer by the year, I'm going to go to Steve and Aron for as much stuff as I can so they'll hopefully be around as long as I need them.

barret77

actually, he answered me, he ships to the usa... got a pair.

And tungngruv, I do support smallbear and  Aron, but this neither carry this exact product, and I want to experiment different transistors as much as possible...

tungngruv

barret77
No offense!!! Not directed at you or anyone else........just after going through Ampwares and other places, I wonder why I even looked for a different supplier in the first place.

MartyMart

My original post didn't say "Ebay OC44 dont buy from Steve/Aron ever again" ..... did it ?

I've spent a lot of money with smallbear and it will continue :D
Just passing on useful information ......

I hope these things live up to the ad !!

Marty   :D

tungngruv

QuoteMy original post didn't say "Ebay OC44 dont buy from Steve/Aron ever again" ..... did it ?
Did you even read my post above?

MartyMart

Quote from: tungngruv on October 20, 2005, 07:16:10 AM
QuoteMy original post didn't say "Ebay OC44 dont buy from Steve/Aron ever again" ..... did it ?
Did you even read my post above?

Yup, sorry, that's why i used some smilies :D
Cheers,
Marty.

MartyMart

Two pairs arrived this morning, just dropped them all into a rangemaster and
a "full range" master ...... WONDERFUL  !!
Gains of 66-69 provide that Ge "tone" 100%  :D
"Chewy - warm" breakup
I'm happy !
Marty.

chrishopkins

I'm hoping mine turn up tomorrow.

Think I'll have a crack at the Rangemaster and a sili/germanium fuzzface

mangonjb

Yup I'm the one selling these, you are right to be wary of someone who puts a few auctions up on e-bay and then disappears, and yes, I suppose I am in that category. Always support the guys like Smallbear and Banzai in my case, they do a great job. But its also nice to take advantage of the odd opportunity that comes up. Main thing is to have fun!!! :icon_biggrin: Thanks to all who ordered, there is another batch up if anyones interested - enjoy!!.

Cheers Marty, glad you like them. Many people diss the lower gain Ge's but they can sound really good too. Chris, you should get yours today, strange how Martys were delivered first when you are only a couple of miles away. I have posted to all who have paid.

GVC

Got mine Yesterday.  They look great, haven't dropped them in anything yet, to busy painting boxes.

I am going to bump my thread on the Rangemaster input output caps.

chrishopkins

I got mine on Monday - haven't had a chance to play with them yet.  I think I'll be breadboarding a Rangemaster  ;D

The postal service never stops amazing me  :o

chrishopkins

Daft question I know but how do I tell which are the base, collector and emitter on the OC44?  Does the tab always indicate the emitter?

MartyMart

Quote from: chrishopkins on October 28, 2005, 07:15:55 AM
Daft question I know but how do I tell which are the base, collector and emitter on the OC44?  Does the tab always indicate the emitter?

Not daft at all, in this case "yes" tab is the emitter, but its not always
that obvious  !!

Marty