OC44's "tested" and "cheap" on EBAY !!!-UPDATE-

Started by MartyMart, October 19, 2005, 03:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barret77

oh my god, the little metal tab indicates the emitter?

@!$@!#$!$#@^%^ !!!  :icon_eek:  :icon_eek:  :icon_cry:

I thought that since the red dot marks the collector on all oc44, the metal tab indicated the collector as well...

That's why the circuit wasn't working! I was thinking that I needed a different boost to bias it properly... dang!

Have I destroyed mine oc44 by this dumb mistake? Can the emitter/collector inversion damage the transistor?

MartyMart

Quote from: barret77 on October 28, 2005, 09:31:45 AM
oh my god, the little metal tab indicates the emitter?

@!$@!#$!$#@^%^ !!!  :icon_eek:  :icon_eek:  :icon_cry:
I thought that since the red dot marks the collector on all oc44, the metal tab indicated the collector as well...
That's why the circuit wasn't working! I was thinking that I needed a different boost to bias it properly... dang!
Have I destroyed mine oc44 by this dumb mistake? Can the emitter/collector inversion damage the transistor?

As far as I understand .... NO  :D
I have reversed a LOT of trannies and have only damaged 1, which was a 2N7000 FET anyway !
Quite often they will "work" the wrong way around, but just sound quiet/biased badly.
Just dont leave it in there for toooo long ..  !!
I use sockets 100% of the time, and you are WAY more likely to damage them with too much
HEAT ... if not socketted/soldering direct

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

barret77

pheew...

I'll try again tonight... desperate moments here :)

thanks Marty

chrishopkins

I tested mine by plugging it into my multimeter and testing the HFE.

Got that worked out - on with the breadboarding!