hammond type enclosures

Started by jrem, November 22, 2005, 06:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenPen

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you or anything. What you said could very well be true. I don't know if they carbon-copied it or not.

I just got the impression that you just assumed it was since they were similar. I get really frustrated sometimes when I come up with a design for something on my own, then discover a little later that some company already has something similar already on the market, that I had never seen. So then, if I were to go forward in making mine, it could be assumed that I simply copied the other guys.

And now, something way OT (sorry):
The Fender Toronado. I had drawn up sketches and designs for something very similar back in '96 when the Jag-Stang came out. LP toggle switch and TOM bridge and all. The body shape on mine is a bit different. Still not far off. But I wasn't in the position to start making them until recently, which I hopefully can start up a small company making guitars in a few years. But then a few months ago I took a look at their latest design on them, and it was really discouraging to see many elements of my draft on them. I still don't know if I'm going to take the risk now starting that business.

R.G.

One of the lesser recognized rules of economics is that two identical things you buy cannot have a different price unless some kind of barrier exists between them. The barrier can be governmental ("We will not trade with X nor let their goods into our country."), or physical (an ocean or two between them), or intellectual ("How the devil can they do THAT?").  If you remove the barriers, the differences in price will relax down to zero.

Human work effort is a thing that we all buy. There are different levels of skill and intellectual prowess, but human labor at all levels is a commodity. With no barriers, the price for human labor will relax down to a common level.

Reading medical X rays is a highly skilled specialty. Radiologists in the USA are finding that they must reduce their prices in the direction of the prices of a radiologist in India to have any business at all. In India, lawyers are a quite lowly paid specialty. If only they knew about the prices US lawyers get.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Stevo

Here is a twist (a rant)..What about our jobs, like the service business...I am a transmission mechanic and for years work minimal pay..That was all you could get ...now!!!...it is different...People with a highly rated skill can reach more money because of technology and the fact that highly trained people are hard to come by......years ago the owners (etc.) had cars, boats beach house etc.. ( never made any money though)..Now if they want their business they need to pay their help desirable pay..or you could look elsewhere...i am happy now I make enough money for a house , a hobby ,wife , and kids. one in college......It took time though for the industry to weed out uneducated techs and finally what was left is highly skilled with demanding good pay people....THAT is my story on economics..I am sure it is going on now in other businesses...just wait and the technology will feed those who earn it...Kind of like investing in a GOOD stock and waiting for it to grow....The hammond boxes are the growing product,why wouldnt you steal, rob. and duplicate the product .....damn it makes money WHO doesnt need THAT....(sorry for the rant)
practice cause time does not stop...