Need schematic of EMMA ReezaFRATzitz

Started by Picassochild, October 21, 2005, 04:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picassochild

Hi guys...please help...need schematic of EMMA ReezaFRATzitz!!!! Thanks in advance.

toneman

did U make that name up???

guess i'll google a little........

:icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

bass_econo

Image removed for bandwidth.

Emma ReezaFRATzitz

Just when you thought you had seen the strangest name for a stompbox, EMMA offers up the Reezafratzitz! Like its unconventional handle, the RF-1 is a unique type of OD/Distortion unit that stands out in an extremely crowded playing field. The RF-1 offers incredibly rich, full-bodied crunch that is so close to tube-amp overdrive that you'd be hard pressed to choose which was which.

The secret to the RF-1's amazing tone lies in its Bias control. This knob allows the user to morph between Class B and Class A biasing, altering the harmonic structure of the signal and providing a much wider variety of tonal options than your standard distortion. In Class B mode, the RF-1 exhibits a thick, chunky grind similar to a Marshall or Fender amp. Class A mode provides sweet, singing saturation worthy of the finest Vox AC30. Additional controls for Level, Gain, and a Hi Boost/Hi Cut Tone circuit allow the user to fine tune the RF-1 to taste.

This is what I could find.

Coriolis

Yep, I know that one (haven't heard one though). It's made in Denmark (like me) and is supposed to sound real good.
They also make an envelope filter- the DiscomBOBulator- which is supposed to be nice as well.
Could be fun to see a schem of the Reeza-whatsits...

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

Picassochild

Could be fun to see a schem of the Reeza-whatsits...

yeah...I think the same...but it's covered under epoxy!

Mark Hammer

The Emma pedals are fairly recent releases, catering to a fairly small market so far.  It is only fair to keep information about them protected so that however many people that enterprise is attempting to provide a living wage for can continue to do so.  If the need for a schem is to repair or mod an existing one, then simply contact the manufacturer.  If the end point of this is to take the circuit and push it into the public domain, that's another thing again.

So, the question is "Need or want"?

Picassochild

Mark

If the need for a schem is to repair or mod an existing one, then simply contact the manufacturer. 

So, the question is "Need or want"?
___________________________________________________________________________________

I need it for modding one! I had Reeza and really liked it but  it's not so good in mix...kinda scooped and doesn't cut so well. So I need scheme to do it.

Mark Hammer

Then I think the best thing to do is tell the Emma people EXACTLY what you want it to do differently, and they can probably tell you "lift this resistor here" or "make that cap larger in value", or whatever.  They may even be able to provide you information that avoids future problems with the pedal.

One of the things one always has to remember is that every pedal-maker has a vested interest in having their pedals perform well when an owner trots it out in public.  Everytime you use it in front of someone else that can be good advertising, or bad advertising.  They want more of one than the other.

The other reason to contact them directly is that if the pedal sounds much better on its own than when combined in a mix, that is something they should hear and know about for purposes of product improvement.

Picassochild

Mark Hammer:
The other reason to contact them directly is that if the pedal sounds much better on its own than when combined in a mix, that is something they should hear and know about for purposes of product improvement.

OK, have sent...will see ...

Mark Hammer

Good, fingers crossed, and hope this works out for you.  Here's hoping they know how to run a business.

bwanasonic

If you find a way to contact Emma, let me  know. I have a DisCumbobulator that I'd like some info on. They certainly don't have high profile.

Kerry M

Urso

You can contact EMMA here: info@orkestergraven.dk

Here are the guts of the ReezaFRATzitz:

As you can see, a half of the PCB has been soaked in plastic to prevent reverse engineering.

Bernardduur

Wow.....

Cool shots. Stupid RE protection
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Picassochild

I'm still waiting for reply from EMMA...

Picassochild

I've received reply! Actually I expected that answer.

"Glad to hear you like our pedal. As you said, the Reezafratzitz is sealed
in a large block of epoxy so there is no real way to modify it. What amp are
you using? is it possible to turn up the midrange or presence on your amp?
This would help a lot as it's usually the midrange that will give you this"
in your face" sound. What settings do you use on the pedal? There are some
modifications that can be done before the pedal is sealed but this would
involve making a new pedal for you. Please get back to me.
Kind regards,
Tim Campbell
EMMA Electronic"

Mark Hammer

Well, that was a courteous, prompt, and professional as I would have expected.  Good on Tim!  :icon_smile: Of course the problem is the big black monolith which precludes you doing anything.  :icon_sad:  The companion problem is that whatever amp-setting changes might make the pedal sound better to your ears may be unacceptable for a bypassed tone - dumb to have to change amps to make a pedal sound better.

One last-ditch effort might be to take a picture of the copper side, crop/reduce it to the smallest reasonable filesize, and send THAT with a request to identify any possible points where you could add a parallel component or cut a trace to attain the desired tone.

Just be sure to heap on praise for the pedal in the note.  Boutique builders are like your grandma: show 'em that you liked what was on your plate and they'll be happy to give you second helpings.

We're down...but we're not out yet.

Connoisseur of Distortion

if you really want to modify it, you'd better figure out how to eat through that stuff. :)

i wonder what they use... i was recommended to plywood-glue. apparently it's just about invincible

troubledtom

this is a cool company, they do nice work. i don't think a scemmo is to be found. it you find one,........... i'll  from a dirrent source.
       - tom
ps: not to be negative but to be REAL,....................peace bro.     :icon_cool:

Picassochild

So, guys, what do you think is it possible to remove all that plastic from PCB?