Just a small Q: repair / debug a Pearl PH-03 phaser

Started by Bernardduur, November 11, 2005, 08:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardduur

Hi all

I am repairing a Pearl Phaser PH-03 for someone; his unit behaves different than mine.

When I compared his unit with mine I quickly saw that where on mine they used TL022 opamps where they used TL062 opams in his.
Is this a problem. I checked with the schematic and they clearly state it needs TL022's; dunno if the TL062 is a good replacement for TL022's.

Thanks!
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

goosonique

Mine 062 ... nice unit ... does phasing well but i believe 022 would give a  nice coated swoosh compared to the 062... (do i make sense here ) :icon_redface:
Let me know  the differance .... actually i might wanna try it out with 022.
Be carefull with the A1015 tranny .... it gets easilly killed if you are wanting to do any mods on the polarized 1uf .
Yup there are NP caps and polarized .... don't mess with them. been there burnt that . :icon_wink:
<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

Bernardduur

Thanks!

A little more: mine has two TL062's and two TL022's, his has four TL062's. The complaint is that the unit's sweep speed is too high, but can be regulated by the knob (from high to higher).

I just wondered if it was due to the used TL062's instead of mine (and the on the schematic) TL022's.

Oh, here's the schematic. The "Exclusive Use" IC is a Motorola MC14069UB.

Bernardduur

Quote from: goosonique on November 12, 2005, 12:39:56 PM
Mine 062 ... nice unit ... does phasing well but i believe 022 would give a  nice coated swoosh compared to the 062... (do i make sense here ) :icon_redface:
Let me know  the differance .... actually i might wanna try it out with 022.
Be carefull with the A1015 tranny .... it gets easilly killed if you are wanting to do any mods on the polarized 1uf .
Yup there are NP caps and polarized .... don't mess with them. been there burnt that . :icon_wink:

What kind of mods can be done to this cap (oh, btw, that cap is polarised at my unit, no NP cap)???