Author Topic: 7th attempt, light at the end of the tunnel but i still need help  (Read 3203 times)

boedonaldson

Its my 7th attempt at this pedal, after all this work i can now say i am a much more competent solderer and all my joints are stuck to the board and components. This time ive got a signal through the booster but no actual boost and i have to admit on a distorted channel it sounds a bit staticy (interference, bad grounding?) Ive tried the tranny both ways (new one each time) and its a 5089). I The battery has like 8.79volts in it im using and i cant seem to pinpoint my problem. The only way it is effecting my signal at the moment is by making it a little bassier as the input cap i think is actually a 0.12uf. I must admit i was putting a bit of heat into the electrolyctic caps when i was soldering them into the board and maybe this has damaged their charge storing capability? The tranny is socketed so i know i havnt damaged it but the socket has got little wipers rather than actul holes, so maybe the tranny isnt making contact here well?. Other than that im not quiet sure. Ive done the project on a strip board (metallic strips) rather than a perfboard this time and i feel im getting there , just not quiet. I am getting a voltage at the the end of the circuit to so there is a signal getting through and i have checked that my parts are right dozens of times. Maybe i was just not made for building pedals, could someone please help me out.

alteredsounds

Re: 7th attempt, light at the end of the tunnel but i still need help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 03:12:55 PM »
which pedal is it?

boedonaldson

Re: 7th attempt, light at the end of the tunnel but i still need help
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 09:31:41 PM »
Its Gus Smalleys NPN Boost