PCB Software, reversing the image?

Started by modsquad, December 01, 2006, 05:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modsquad

Okay so I have 3 different pieces of software for designing PCBs on my computer, including DIY Layout found here.   I may just be clueless on this but I notice that the PCB trace layouts that I find here are reversed so that when you etch they come out the right way.   My question is can you reverse the image in the software or do you have to export it to a graphics package to do it.  The problem with that method is that you often loose resolution and proper sizing of the image.   

Stan
"Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light, not because he is afraid of the dark but because the dark is afraid of him"

Seljer

iirc, Eagle has got a "mirror image" option somewhere when you're exporting it to an image file/printing. I haven't really used any other of the PCB design programs

otherwise I just use Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/ for anything like that I might need to do (great little program for resizing/mirroring/rotating/etc... images)

choklitlove

Quote from: modsquad on December 01, 2006, 05:43:00 PM
Okay so I have 3 different pieces of software for designing PCBs on my computer, including DIY Layout found here.   I may just be clueless on this but I notice that the PCB trace layouts that I find here are reversed so that when you etch they come out the right way.   My question is can you reverse the image in the software or do you have to export it to a graphics package to do it.  The problem with that method is that you often loose resolution and proper sizing of the image.   

Stan
if you are using some iron-on transfer method (PNP, photo paper), you don't need to reverse the image.  remember, the copper traces will be on the opposite side of the components.  when you transfer it on the opposite side, it is *sort of* reversing it for you.  don't worry about it.
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

markm

choklitlove is right.
Most all of the transfers, at least in my gallery, are ready to roll.....except for sizing  >:(

Aharon

If your software allows it try "flip horizontal".
Aharon
Aharon

choklitlove

he still shouldn't need to though.  changing anything would really mess up the process.  right?  i can't think of a situation where you would need to flip anything.

correction:  the one i can think of is if you draw a circuit on with a sharpie.  if you want to use a printed PCB image for a stencil, you would need to "horizontal flip" that before-wards.  i do not recommend using sharpies, however.
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

Aharon

I understand what you are saying,out of the dozens of PCBs that I've made I only had a couple that I had to flip....................good to know how tho'...........
Aharon
Aharon

markm